Chuck Taylor vs Jack Purcell

greentalks43

Chucks are everywhere, they look good though. You would think all white purcell's aren't that noticeable but i've gotten a good number of compliments on them and people asking me about them, something i didn't expect, especially since nobody ever asks me about my jeans icon_smile_sad.gif

I definately would rock the purcells, not as many people have them, they are a little more grown up but still very casual (and comfortable)... The white slip-on purcells are pretty sweet with a nice pair of trousers. (could never find the coveted Calvin Klein slip-on boat shoes). However, above all, I still prefer Vans to both.

Ham sandwich on stale rye bread. Lots of mayo, easy on the ham.

it's true not as many people have them. when i started wearing chucks in just about 1996 as well all the cool guys wore jack purcells, and i did not want to have a whole lot to do with them so i didn't want to wear purcell's. in this time frame purcell's have fallen in and out of favor just like chucks have. I've picked my horse and even though i don't have a problem with purcell's i'm not gonna change

Definitely purcels. They're definitely more comfortable and better made. note that there are two versions of the Purcel. The "premiere" edition or something with more padding and better laces, and the standard purcels (more like chucks), which are getting really hard to find. Last I checked you could only order them from converse's website.

Also, incase you were wondering, Purcels weren't even made by converse until the seventies. They used to be made by BF goodrich the rubber company. They must have sold the rights to make them to converse.

Unfortunately, as some of you know, converse was bought out by Nike a few years ago. Drag. It's a shame, they used to be known for their whole made in america spiel, the anti-nike. Now they're a part of it. If you don't believe me check out converses website, they have a feature exactly like NikeID there, right down to the menus.