jil sander ss 10

Guest Phrost

i don't like this. the graphic prints are alright, reminds me of something jil or helmut would do. raf moved some footwear and accessory production out of italy to cut costs which i can't fuck with

The shoes had been made by Church's in England for awhile man, those were a fine shoe... I'll agree the non doublename Jils are not as nice...

I think the collection is great, lots of signature Raf looks, the 1.5 breasted jackets are still as strong as ever, the prints are nice and still remain Raf, once again I'd cop the hell out of the entire Jil range if I could afford this shit..

Guest Phrost

the aloha rag/jil collab sneaks are made in indonesia and the chancletas out this season are made in spain. for $400 you would expect those jil chancletas to be made by some chinese factory workers in italy

i guess i am actually not really feelin the soles on those shoes. would've preferred if they were part of the sole and ran completely horizontal.

00190m.jpg

the detail shots are up on men.style. the rest of the footwear is ok, kinda typical raf for jil shape... there's a pair with an extended midsole that looks kinda interesting but not really.

I'm a little disappointed that Raf for Jil women's seems so much more extensive and thought out than any of the menswear collections have been. Honestly, the two-sided presentation of womenswear for fall was a brilliant way to conserve the Jil heritage while pushing the Raf aesthetic forward, too. On the other hand, the menswear has always seemed like Jil watered down a bit and touched up with some Raf detailing. The suiting is still the strongest aspect. I hope Raf scales up the ambition on the menswear soon.

The shoes had been made by Church's in England for awhile man, those were a fine shoe... I'll agree the non doublename Jils are not as nice...

Jil shoes have been made in Italy for the last couple seasons.

Collection looks familiar I guess I'm just bored of Jil now.

The collection is pretty solid, but it's somewhat boring (again). I also felt that it was a little too much Raf for Raf rather than Raf for Jil, especially the opening looks. I love the shoes, the suits, and a lot of the shirts and polos.

610x.jpg

I loved a lot of the detailing too, especially this gold trim

I DIE