san francisco almost killed me

samsikle

anyone had the nopa burger? is it good??? pics of it look awesome online

last time i was wandering around looking for soma to try their burger and then i got lost walking around

then i ate at super duper instead

^iono bout nopa but I might be trying that today. superduper was aiite for what it is, dig the meat they use.

I tried the pop-up Kronnerburger w/ bone marrow last monday and it had to be one of the greatest burgs ive ever had. So good I had to order 2. I'll be going to the kronnerparty on Dec 10 too so i can skr8 fatty it up.

Edited by halomunkey

^word, holler if u see a emo haired filipino du in all black hanging out with a bunch of coreans.

Didn't end up going to nopa or spruce last night but we were able to get a walk in at the corner store. very good, definitely recommended if you're into fancy burgs although most of you would consider this small. dat 'bacon jam' is something else.

Edited by halomunkey

• 5 weeks later...

I saw that sign! You're opening in the old boba spot on 19th?

She was there for years doing boba and Japanese candies.

I saw that sign! You're opening in the old boba spot on 19th?

She was there for years doing boba and Japanese candies.

Yeah, May sold the business over a year ago and her friend was running it instead. It became a pseudo-coffee shop with very erratic hours and the drinks weren't as good. Not to mention May wasn't there anymore, which really made the store.

The store will let us expand our offerings beyond the few types of drinks we currently serve. Will let you know when we launch!

I'm moving to SF/bay area early february. Have just graduated college and will be looking for an apartment for about 1k a month. Obviously cheaper the better, but willing to shell out for a nicer place/area.

Workis in Benicia, so its not on the Bart line, but I want to be somewhat close to SF as I imagine thats where everything happens. What areas would you guys recommend?

I'm moving to SF/bay area early february. Have just graduated college and will be looking for an apartment for about 1k a month. Obviously cheaper the better, but willing to shell out for a nicer place/area.

Workis in Benicia, so its not on the Bart line, but I want to be somewhat close to SF as I imagine thats where everything happens. What areas would you guys recommend?

oakland, you can just take bart to the city.

i've got friends who live/lived in oakland, they've really never had an issue w/ the crime.

They've been lucky, the reality of it is that its not a safe place.

Check this shit out:

http://blog.sfgate.com/crime/2013/01/11/ktvu-is-latest-oakland-crime-victim/

Yea reading all the stats make it seem real sketchy. Don't want to have worry about walking home late at night etc.

Any other relatively cheap areas that fit my requirements? Spose I might just have to cough up some more cash...

You can live in the southern part of SF or in Daly City/South SF. Both are on the BART line and you're in the city in literally 3 minutes on BART.

I'd recommend somewhere in the East Bay rather than South SF or Daly City since you're gonna be working in Benicia. Why not Berkeley? It'll be a bit more expensive than Richmond or El Cerrito, which are closer to Benicia, but it's a lot nicer of a town.

Edited by FlippyEh

They've been lucky, the reality of it is that its not a safe place.

Check this shit out:

http://blog.sfgate.c...d-crime-victim/

I'd have to agree with Kiya. Very recently a friend of mine and her mother got robbed at gunpoint at 11am and apparently it was in the "nicer" parts of Oakland.

I'd recommend somewhere in the East Bay rather than South SF or Daly City since you're gonna be working in Benicia. Why not Berkeley? It'll be a bit more expensive than Richmond or El Cerrito, which are closer to Benicia, but it's a lot nicer of a town.

I think Richmond used to be considered one of the most dangerous cities in America (with something like the most murders per capita at some point). If you look online Oakland is #15 on that list.

I live in Downtown Berkeley currently and it's pretty great. There's a good amount of homeless people (old people, crazy people, teenagers) on Shattuck Ave. and Telegraph Ave. but for the most part they don't bother you. They'll ask you for a cigarette or some change and then walk off. It's generally a safe area, lots of campus and city police going around. You can probably find a good deal on places if you find people to live with on craigslist, but if you're not too keen on living with strangers you can find apartments in Berkeley within your price range, most likely a little more. If you're interested in the area, feel free to send me a PM.

All right I'll give Oakland a pass, would be too much of a culture shock coming from a city with virtually no crime.

Berkeley seems like the best middle ground from work and SF so will be looking for a place round there. Have stayed there before briefly and really enjoyed it.

Cheers Samsikle, will do closer to the time.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Going to be in downtown SF not this Saturday but the next (23rd) in the afternoon. Would be happy to meet people outside Uniqlo for fisticuffs or just to say hey.

http://shlohmo-fbad.eventbrite.com/

shlohmo + jeremih at 1015 folsom

also in april: future, french montana, pusha t, and danny brown

werd, already bought tix for this. 1015 so on point

should make a songkick account tho, since it auto-updates and tracks the artists in your itunes or who you choose to follow.

anybody going to see TNGHT april 20th?

http://www.songkick.com/concerts/15280899-tnght-at-mezzanine

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...