san francisco almost killed me

samsikle

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=150645661672081

Info:

The Bay Area's best food trucks come to the San Mateo Events Center on July 1st and First Fridays thereafter! Featuring live music (Mike Barbwire & the Deadbeats & more), local art and fashion vendors.

FREE ADMISSION

CONFIRMED TRUCKS & CARTS

An The Go

Armadillo Willy's

Babaloo

BBQ Kalbi

Bill's Hot Dog Cart

Brass Knuckle

Butterscotch on the Go

Cabana Daves

Curry Up Now

El Ranchito

Hiyaaa!

House of Siam on Wheels

Iz It

Karas Cupcakes

Mamas Empanadas

Naked Chorizo

MoGo BBQ

Tikka Bytes

Treatbot

The Whole Bowl

The Wow

Whisk on Wheels

Yumsilog

Held in conjunction with Local Label Faire: www.locallabelfaire.com. New goods from local vendors showcasing the best in fashion, art, and design.

Parking is available at the San Mateo Events Center for $10. Go green and take Caltrain, SamTrans, bike or walk to the event and save money.

Have a food truck and want to attend future Moveable Feast events? http://mvbl.org/and click "Vendor Application"

San Mateo has an extremely high number of really good restaurants, everything from high end to cheap ethnic foods.

I worked there for many years and what i miss most is the food.

I will be interested to see what you think is the best food in San Mateo of all places....

I do like my La Cubre, Santa Ramen, and grew up on Sushi Sam's but other than that, what is really there that's good on a budget? Of course Viogner on top of Draegers is excellent as is Astaria is good, and Speido is an old fave. It would be a stretch to say there is a high # of good places.

Oh, and I just recently realized that you used to own "Turf" I used to cop some shoes there once and awhile. Pretty sure I got my GF a pair of black horse hair dunks right before you closed down.

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=150645661672081

Info:

The Bay Area's best food trucks come to the San Mateo Events Center on July 1st and First Fridays thereafter! Featuring live music (Mike Barbwire & the Deadbeats & more), local art and fashion vendors.

FREE ADMISSION

CONFIRMED TRUCKS & CARTS

An The Go

Armadillo Willy's

Babaloo

BBQ Kalbi

Bill's Hot Dog Cart

Brass Knuckle

Butterscotch on the Go

Cabana Daves

Curry Up Now

El Ranchito

Hiyaaa!

House of Siam on Wheels

Iz It

Karas Cupcakes

Mamas Empanadas

Naked Chorizo

MoGo BBQ

Tikka Bytes

Treatbot

The Whole Bowl

The Wow

Whisk on Wheels

Yumsilog

Held in conjunction with Local Label Faire: www.locallabelfaire.com. New goods from local vendors showcasing the best in fashion, art, and design.

Parking is available at the San Mateo Events Center for $10. Go green and take Caltrain, SamTrans, bike or walk to the event and save money.

Have a food truck and want to attend future Moveable Feast events? http://mvbl.org/and click "Vendor Application"

Went to this. What a fucking joke.

there was a 30 minute + line to eat Armadillo Willys (a fast food bbq place) LOL

Went to this. What a fucking joke.

there was a 30 minute + line to eat Armadillo Willys (a fast food bbq place) LOL

I went with 10 others.. it was a shit-show. A sea of azns and Black Scale hats standing in lines 100 deep.

We went to the Swinging Door and got fish n chips and beers instead.

holy fuck this place has a lot of good looking women

No. Not really.

My friends opened a new bar in Burlingame, the Barrel House, I went there last week with my GF and there are TONS of hot chicks that hang out there on the weekends. It's right next to Burlingame Ave on California drive. Highly reccomend it.

I went with 10 others.. it was a shit-show. A sea of azns and Black Scale hats standing in lines 100 deep.

We went to the Swinging Door and got fish n chips and beers instead.

Ahh, the good ole swinging door. Have spent many a night there. Fun times on Kareoke night.

Decent food, too

No. Not really.

My friends opened a new bar in Burlingame, the Barrel House, I went there last week with my GF and there are TONS of hot chicks that hang out there on the weekends. It's right next to Burlingame Ave on California drive. Highly reccomend it.

I went to the Barrel House last week, the girl working was so next level dumb i couldn't believe it. (i can see why they hired her though.. short skirt, accent, etc..)

I called the place and asked if they had patio seating, she said yes.. we showed up to find a yard but with zero tables or seats, just an empty yard. We told her that we just called and she said "oh yeah, it's not going to be done for a while". Would have been nice to know this when i called asking.

This is before we got a drink, i asked for a negroni and she looked at me with a baffled look. Yo, what bartender that works at a supposed cocktail bar can't make a negroni?

/end rant

I went to the Barrel House last week, the girl working was so next level dumb i couldn't believe it. (i can see why they hired her though.. short skirt, accent, etc..)

I called the place and asked if they had patio seating, she said yes.. we showed up to find a yard but with zero tables or seats, just an empty yard. We told her that we just called and she said "oh yeah, it's not going to be done for a while". Would have been nice to know this when i called asking.

This is before we got a drink, i asked for a negroni and she looked at me with a baffled look. Yo, what bartender that works at a supposed cocktail bar can't make a negroni?

/end rant

They just opened a few weeks ago, but I agree that is horrible. I went last night and was dissapointed the patio still wasn;t opened. I used to love that back patio when it was F&As about 8 years ago. In fact, I tried to open a bar there about 4 years ago but gave up due to the cost.

Oh, and I know the chick youre talking about with the huge tits. She is dumb as dirt. Theyve always hired hot chicks who can't bartend. The same guys own Vinyl Room a few blocks away.

If you ever care to go again. hit me on PM and I will make sure the owners take care of you.

had some misson chinese today, shit is whatever.

but had the best haircut of my life @ http://www.fscbarber.com/

i don't know if 40 dollars is a lot for a haircut, it's a lot for me, but worth it all, why not invest in something that is really valuable.

A haircut cannot be an investment, just not possible. Just sayin'.

so. going to SF next weekend. what is there to do there? food? other shit? would be dope to rent a road bike to get around the city for a few days.

Go to Self Edge and spend all your money. Then go get tacos and beers and Mexican tranny hookers at Esta Noche. I'll take you there if i'm at the shop.

Go to Self Edge and spend all your money. Then go get tacos and beers and Mexican tranny hookers at Esta Noche. I'll take you there if i'm at the shop.

I think I may come check out SF if it's not too far from where my buddy lives (who i'm mooching off for accommodations). i wouldn't mind a FH bracelet or something!

edit: my buddy's on oak street a few blocks away. guess i'll stop by!

hey gonna be in SF from aug 10-27.

meetup hayyy

LEEEETS DO IT.

For the record, I never flaked. I was just not accessible at the given time period. :cool:

any must-see / must-do things for a first timer in the bay?

i'm gonna hit up fisherman's wharf tomorrow, any cute places to take a girl nearby?

thanks!!!

My old 'hood.

You could make your way down market to head to union square and from there go to hayes valley. There's also the MoMA and Yerba Buena park across the street. Nice place to just sit and have a quick lunch.

^^ thank you thank you!

my plan so far, starting around mid-day

fisherman's wharf

ghirardelli square, sit down at crown and crumpet

venture south through chinatown > union square

moma

still deciding what to do after.. looking for low-key cute and then maybe a place with a nice view