how do you wash yours

tg76

the SC soap (Vintage Wash & Premium Care) is available on rakuten, it's around $30 for a 10-pack. (look up sugarcane SC01150)

you might want to try calling Self Edge or B.I.G. to check if it's available there, or if they can order it for you.

i picked up some of the SC detergent in japan. haven't used it yet, but will post about it in this thread when i do.

considering a hand wash of my old levis type III jacket in the next 2 weeks, so that may be when i try it.

^ thanks beatle. do you think I should size down to cut down on the extra bagginess? I know that if i size down, I still have room in the thighs, which is what i wanted since i am not trying to score for a skinny jean. It's just the difference of getting the perfect room and having too much room. was 30 a true size to you?

Well, since there is a dedicated washing thread now, I believe it is appropriate to ask this question here instead of the small questions thread:

What exactly does a spin cycle in the washer do to your jeans? I have been skimming the thread, reading replies where people go on with a washer's normal cycle while others take their jeans out right before the spin cycle. My guess would be agitation, but are there any other reasons?

after seeing all 8 hours of roots twice, the book is a lot more in-depth. i'll try to watch fight club tonight...this weekend my soap-master is gonna show me the ropes. something in me wants the soap to smell like murphy's oil soap, so i need to find out what oil it is. im thinking citronella is the best match. im told it has antifungal properties, which would be great for jeans. and it'll keep mosquitoes off your dick!

yesterday i was breaking up concrete with our trusty jackhammer, and low and behold @ the end of the day the ole FC had this black oily shit on my thighs. so you know what the kid did...washy washy! the black shit didn't come out, so i kind of spot-treated it, and washed again. i'll post pics in about an hour, im at 7mos. exactly, about 18-20 washes...

my brother is a tattoo artist , and as a muslim i cant straigh-up condone tattooing, but being that i have 66% of my back inked, i'll just say the pain is temporary, but the ink is (most likely) forever. i hand out in a parlor all the time, and i know for certain that everyones threshold for pain is different.

Last two times I've washed my FC 0105Cs it was buttoned up, turned inside out, hot water, a little bit of Tide HE, cold rinse, medium spin. After they're done washing it's into the dryer on high heat, still inside out, and tumbled all the way dry. They're a little big, so I need to shrink them as much as possible. The jeans are still very dark blue, but in the near future I'll probably switch to cold and see if I still get as much shrinkage and minimize color loss.

000_0007.jpg

FULLCOUNT OSAKA 1108 aquaman steez(7 months today, 18 washes)

these bitches ain't as washed-out looking @least the jackhammer grease came out. they are clean today, will be filthy tomorrow....the raws im wearing with the Clarks are the WH700, mad leg twist! shitty pics, but you get the genera idea(no contrast editing, i ain't that advanced)

11b45s8.jpg

16gk3fp.jpg

e1dut3.jpg

21jy7up.jpg

j9yc9l.jpg

dizzy remix.. the spin will throw the jeans out to the edges and crease them up, also it will take out any creases you have put in, heat and moisture kind of permanent press your combs in place and a gentle wash will leave them there... i washed my apcs in the machine and spun them and all my combs moved and now they look crazy 3d and amazing so its not a bad thing just another option. there are no rules.

Ah, thanks tg! So the spin actually "shifts" combs... Oh, the possibilities with different washing...

tub halfway full of hot water.

Half Cup of bronners.

Inside out the denim. soak for about 20 and agitate for 5.

Cold Rinse

Towel Dry

Hang Dry.

Outside out.

wear.

Yo Bigyen are you using half a capfull of Bronners or literally half a cup? I'm washing this weekend and I'm probably going to use your method.

This thread really has me thinking of all the different ways to wash...

I usually just squeeze a shit load of Dr. B into the stream of water from the faucet as the tub fills to get a ton of bubbles, and i'd say i use about a half a cup, maybe a little more.

I can't wait to try beatles way of washing.

dr. brons is rather concentrated, the soap has a limited amt. of energy to put towards cleaning the dirt away. the more energy that used for making bubbles actually takes away from the cleaning power. bullshit companies use a lot of sodium laureth sulfate to make the soap/detergent foam a lot, and make the buyer think he is getting more cleansing action. dr. bronner himself would probably frown upon using a lot of his soap. he was a conservationist.

edit: im now @ 21 washes. by the end of the year i'll probably be over 52 washes! me no care! they keep getting better each wash...

• 2 weeks later...
machine or hand

with or without soap

too soon too late

how do you wash yours and why

for my raw levis:

1rst wash: machine with soap, fabric softner, at 8 months, because they were dirty, stained (food, mud, calcium, blood, etc)

did 4 other handwashes because I didnt wanted to make the crotch-holes bigger (I need to patch them up btw)

I washed them in the sink with cold water + ith woolite zero.

for the non-raw jeans: throw them in the washing machine, cold water, woolite zero, flat dry on a rack

after digging in the hot VA sun for 8 hours (slave labor, good thing i'm actually bred for it) these are sweat-soaked, and pretty fucking filthy. tonight is wash#22, of course lye-soap. they've been ground against rough surfaces all day, so they'll lose some indigo. when you wash a lot like i do, you'll notice that some days only the clay dirt/grime comes out in the water, and then some days the water is mad blue instead of yellow/brown. today is a blue day...

Gave my Dry bones (red-d) their first wash today, they drip drying outside now.

Used:

My dads old beer brewing pot

Slightly colder than room temperature water(aka hose water)

Some salt

Woolite

15-20 min inside out hand wash/agitate

5 minute outside out soak

5 minute outside out hand wash/agitate

Rinse with hose water after to remove soap

And a bug landed in the water too, I couldn't get it out, but I wasn't about to waste all that water....I am unsure how this will affect the fades, I'm hoping for antenna fades though.

just washed my samurais in the washer, smallest load size, cold water, a squirt of dr. bronner's. rinsed in the tub, laid out on a towel out on the porch to dry. wash whenever i need to, usually once a month or every other month, i'm under my car a lot of the time.

• 2 weeks later...