DENIM FACTORIES

pants

i am trying to generate denim production contacts for a denim line i wish to create with some associates.

i would be extra grateful for any tips on where to get jeans made from my own designs and patterns to a premium quality, i.e., Blue Blood, Rogan, Prps, Nudie...

many thanks in advance.

Not in the business, but I'm pretty sure both E. Sewn and Rag & Bone get their denim from Cone.

http://www.itg-global.com/companies/cone_denim.html

I would shoot an email to the 5ep, essential garments, jean shop, nom de guerre, and rag and bone (ny shops off the top of my head that went through the same thing).

A little bit off topic, but does anyone have info on where the "Made in the USA" Sugarcanes are sewn? I assume the denim is made in Japan.

http://www.sugarcane.jp/standard.html

Hi 6MT

Thank you for your interest in my enquiry.

i am based in england.

i work for a mens tailoring brand. our collections are essentially high-end suiting and shirts, but we are looking to develop a denim line sometime in the future.

i have been given the task of sourcing leads for factories, fabric and suchlike and thought it may be a good idea to put some feelers out over these airwaves!!

i should point out that we are still a relatively small operation, and therefore would realistically be looking at quite small runs at this stage, (not sure what metreage just yet.)

we have a small design team here with some ideas of how we want that side to work, but i need to know everything else from who can produce high quality fabric, buttons, rivets etc, to who can stitch and finish the garment. having worked in retail for some years i have an idea of the denim market, as well as knowing that my company's current market sits our brand alongside the likes of Vivienne Westwood, Paul Smith, Evisu, Hugo Boss and Stone Island..

most of our production is currently worked in Portugal, and we are happy with it, but we only really deal with formalwear people there.

i really am starting from scratch here, so an 'idiots guide' to denim garment production would be gratefully received!

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

I realise I just put the answer to your queriy in another thread. oh well. TO get you started:

Japan: Kurabo, Kaihara, Nisshinbo, Kempo - many have Chinese plants too.

Italy: Legler, Italdenim

Turkey: Orta

Spain: Tavex

US: Cone Mills (a huge variety, but selvage capacity is limited).

Google any of these and you should find distributors or contacts, or see below. Perhaps you should find a consultant who knows this area. I might be able to suggest someone who's been my pet expert in the past.

Honestly, though, every country has dozens of producers, many more, plus contacts for most of the above are listed here:

http://www.expo21xx.com/textile21xx/jeans-denim.htm

To add to Paul T's list:

Italy: Candiani

US: DNA (Denim North America); Swift/Galey & Lord; Twin Dragon <- TD sells in US but need to confirm if they are a US company.

Note that US is not known for denim tex targeting premium markets, but they do have some nice fabrics. Particularly if you are looking for organic.

Fabrics from Turkey are making a big splash from what I understand, using the quality for your money spin.

Edited by pacioli on Mar 6, 2006 at 10:04 PM

Browsed through a textiles directory and basically found everyone that said denim. Haven't research their quality or offerings. Wouldn't mind hearing what your findings are. Here:

Bossa (Division of Holsa Inc.)

212-307-6522

holsainc.com

Burlington Worldwide

336-379-2875

burlington.com

Aren't they owned by Cone?

Cone Mills

212-703-3412

cone.com

This was previously mentioned.

Gerri Tobias Inc.

212-398-2642

gerritobiasinc.com

J. Mittman and Co. Inc.

516-625-1030

[email protected]

I've no clue.

Kenco Industries, Inc.

212-967-6200

kencoinfo.com

Link International Textile Co. Inc.

212-967-6208

linkintl.com

Mount Vernon Mills, Inc.

864-233-4151

mvmills.com

They do pocketing too.

FYI, Copen does a lot of pocketing too if you're interested.

Robert Kaufman Co. Inc.

800-877-2066

robertkaufman.com

Studio Bert Forma

213-625-3500

studiobert.com

Uco

910-997-6471

ucofab.com

910-997-6471

Ugurteks USA

213-892-8707

ugurteks.com.tr

Hope some of this was helpful. Remember, free jeans to those who help you make it!! ;)

If you're serious I have some contacts at some [denim] mills. You can PM me.

Good luck!

• 9 months later...
Hi 6MT

Thank you for your interest in my enquiry.

i am based in england.

i work for a mens tailoring brand. our collections are essentially high-end suiting and shirts, but we are looking to develop a denim line sometime in the future.

i have been given the task of sourcing leads for factories, fabric and suchlike and thought it may be a good idea to put some feelers out over these airwaves!!

i should point out that we are still a relatively small operation, and therefore would realistically be looking at quite small runs at this stage, (not sure what metreage just yet.)

we have a small design team here with some ideas of how we want that side to work, but i need to know everything else from who can produce high quality fabric, buttons, rivets etc, to who can stitch and finish the garment. having worked in retail for some years i have an idea of the denim market, as well as knowing that my company's current market sits our brand alongside the likes of Vivienne Westwood, Paul Smith, Evisu, Hugo Boss and Stone Island..

most of our production is currently worked in Portugal, and we are happy with it, but we only really deal with formalwear people there.

i really am starting from scratch here, so an 'idiots guide' to denim garment production would be gratefully received!

Thanks again.

Hi - I am interested in your project, purely on a personal basis and also for the fact that I have a family member who makes bespoke mens suits. Very lucky for all the gents in my family.

I'd be very interested to see how your brand plans to incorporate that very 'British' tradition of tailoring with high end denim.

If possible, could you tell us what brand you work for? (Or drop me a PM if you would not want to say publicly)

sorry to be so nosy: just that it interests me for those two factors.

P.S. I think you should choose a sanforized denim. Others here will strongly disagree, but IMO the majority of young lads in Britain who buy the aforementioned brands will expect to just be able to buy their true size immediately and throw in the wash without all the worry of shrinkage etc.

Good luck

• 1 month later...

Hi, I work in LA as a consultant, professional denim developer (wash finishes) and I run private lable or full package production. I can probably help you with what you need to get started. I have worked with or for many of the top denim brands in the Los Angeles market and have over 10 years experience in this field.

If you are interested just send me an email at: [email protected]

Take Car,

Mcslack

• 7 months later...
first of all great info guys..

i am looking to buy some denim but i was wondering who makes a good cheap stretch denim? e.g original cheap monday "tight unwashed"

even if anyone knows where they get thier stuff from

any help would be amazing

Your thread is very old. Anyway, there is a site called makeyourownjeans.com

and one can order stretch jeans in one's size.. you can try it out