so...Brazil?

frauline

I'm thinking of going to Brazil for new years eve and most of jan. def want to check sao paulo and rio,possibly salvador and brasilia.

any suggestions? (places to stay,architecture, obscure shiet.....)

also- is it really that hardcore? does a blond frauline get her head chopped off immediately?

cheers

If I was only allowed one country to visit for the rest of my life it'd definitely be Brasil. I went for the first time New Years 2002 and have been back 4 times since. The country is just amazing. Very diverse and so much to do. I'm a gringo and I have not had any problems in the country. Of course, I normally kick it with the locals and they advise me what to do and what to avoid. I'd highly advise you to check out Southern Brasil during New Years. Rio is full of tourists during that time and all the South is just amazing. I'd hit Florianapolis if you can get a flight set up. Simply amazing. A hidden gem with great surf and the most amazing women I've ecountered since either Budapest or Reykaviik. My girlfriends that have been also seem to enjoy the local male flavor. Whether you're a girl or a guy you'll have a blast here. I'd give yourself at least three weeks to visit. Everytime I've been, I've always extended my vacation an extra week or two and generally stayed for over a month.

Hit me on email with any more questions..cheers/dave

“Isn’t it strange how it’s a fad to bite your idols when the whole reason you liked them is because their shit wasn’t recycled?†- Aesop Rock

Edited by Dave Russ on Nov 15, 2004 at 10:53 PM

• 3 weeks later...

the Unique Hotel in Sao Paulo is one of the most beautiful hotels I've stepped foot in...I'd recommend anyone traveling through to take the plunge and ante up to stay there

“Isn’t it strange how it’s a fad to bite your idols when the whole reason you liked them is because their shit wasn’t recycled?†- Aesop Rock

• 2 weeks later...