The workplace shit talking thread

Orion

As finding or keeping a job is increasingly difficult, I think it's prudent for those who actually have a job to talk some shit. What drives you insane? Missed the last promotion and felt you deserved it? Talk some shit, commiserate, whatever.

To start it off... Guy walks into my store (retail) and says "is this all just chick stuff?" with a stupid tone to his voice. 10 feet from where he stood is the start to the men's section. I dunno even how to respond in a nice way.

I hate the 45-50 year old female co-workers who constantly talk about what diet they're on, how much weight they lost, complain about their weight (yet they go out for lunch and go to the vending machine every hour), what's going on on the latest reality tv show or celebrity gossip, and what they did at church last night every fucking day.

I hate how fucking fat everyone at work is. Seriously, EVERYONE. It's actually to the point where it's disgusting. And my mom runs the joint (yes, that's right, I work for my mother) and her motto is "keep them fed, keep them happy" and she's really not helping the situation for these poor women who are just teetering on the brink of a pizza-day induced heart attack. BLAUGH.

Also, I work in a shitty farm town and it smells like shit and there's nothing to do after work.

when the lanky engineer kid actually makes it out of his basement in the morning only to get condescending on me with his feather light voice, then starts making shit up. "Instentaneous velocity?" shutthefuckup. then he crys and his project falls to pieces because he sucks a big one.

I am in fact smarter and can actually relate to people. +2 for TTM

Them:

"Hey can I try these on?" "Can you open this case?" "Can I get a size 9 in this shoe?" "Can you spend 30 minutes walking me through the store?"..."Oh, I'm just looking today, I don't have any money."

Me:

"Cool man, I'll just spend the next hour cleaning up after you, eat a dick. I mean, thanks for coming in!"

honestly renski, i don't know you at all, but everything can suck comparatively, even for college kids who get shit paid for (myself often included). there is always someone richer/poorer than you.

people in Gaza would probably say that you shouldn't complain, and people in somalia would tell the people in Gaza the same. it's all relative.

elaborate. with who? why? did you use the same examples? or did you go the "brad pitt can still be miserable even though he's rich", kindof in the other direction of the one that i went?

^my girl grew up poor and is always throwing in my face like i should apologize or feel resentment that i had two great, working parents that provided well for me....

honestly renski, i don't know you at all, but everything can suck comparatively, even for college kids who get shit paid for (myself often included). there is always someone richer/poorer than you.

people in Gaza would probably say that you shouldn't complain, and people in somalia would tell the people in Gaza the same. it's all relative.

Some people complain when they've nothing to complain about, that's undeniable.

the track you were on, but a slight twist. I was talking to a co-worker about how not just the standards of living differ between groups of people, but expenses differ as well. We were talking about our society and how we look at not being able to borrow against our home equity to buy a boat as being this disasterous scenario while people in India make cow shit discs to sell all day just to be able to eat, but the cost of living are dramatically different as well. In our city, there really aren't homes to buy for under $250,000. That probably sounds obscenely expensive to some and really cheap to others. So even if you make 50k per year, it's still a struggle to carry a mortgage + bills. It's all relative.

back on track, I fucking hate it when girls "shop". All they do is try shit on, make a mess, buy maybe one out of 10 things, then want to return it the next day. That, and they always complain about price. Always. Guys never do. They just buy things. It's always such a hassle.

I dread friday's work lunch out. Conversations range from "when i was a librarian" to "the gulf coast actually has a very diverse bird watching environment." I sit there and smile at these people, happy that I don't have to interact with them during the week, except for this one hour of torture.

back on track, I fucking hate it when girls "shop". All they do is try shit on, make a mess, buy maybe one out of 10 things, then want to return it the next day. That, and they always complain about price. Always. Guys never do. They just buy things. It's always such a hassle.

I hate going shopping with women. The last girl I was seeing would always go to a store, look around for about 45 minutes, try some stuff on, and then buy what she actually went to the store for. Me? I find what I want, try it on, and then buy it.

I work at a car dealership, it's not that bad. The worst thing is when people want to test drive like 5 different cars then end up buying something completely different.

I work with some really stupid people, the few people that have met me know as I love to complain about them. Last week my co-worker had to count to 100 by 10s to make sure that 10 by 10 was indeed 100. I really need to start writing down everything he says.

i like eating all the free cookies at car dealerships

LOL all we have is free coffee, but there's a little deli type of place with sandwiches and cookies you can buy.

haha i hate that shit too. i work at a dealership too and some salesmen would be working a deal for 2 hours trying to get them set on a car only to find out that there credit sucked and couldn't get a loan.

I've had that happen a couple times. The funny thing is that they tried to play it off LOL.

True Story about a guy who came into my store.

me: "can i help you find anything?"

him: "yeah, i'd like the puma suedes in black, size 10?"

me: "anything else i can get for you while i'm back there?"

him: "nah, i'd just like those and if you could just ring it up. i'm not going to try them on"

me: "all right"

i come back out, he pays, done.

edit. THIS IS EVILCRAYON.

what i don't like seeing are guys buying shit for their girls cause they're pushovers.

when you taking a piss or shit and co workers try to make conversation.

like wtf this is private time between me and my dick yo

fuck ur private time you gonna listen to me when im talking to you as a matter a fact shake me off when im done.

sup lawless

you know, i cant complain that i have it bad as i work full time and pay my own bills and find ways to save and spend my monies accordingly to budget. not to 1 up but when i was in school i paid my books/fees plus i never finished because i couldnt afford it. it just irks the shit out of me when some of these kids complain that their parents want them to work and pay some of their own bills. then again, that could be how they were raised.