midnight snacks with scott.m and sufu friends!

kimchi based salsa?

ding ding ding, yes, with Korean analogs and metaphors that I will put forth. A Korean based salsa cruda and then a Korean salsa rojo as well. Rice is obvious but I'll keep it's execution under wraps, and beans fit into the theme as well.

Meat, lots of choices, but I actually like chicken burritos anyway so I might forego the obvious galbi/bulgogi route, or maybe delve into the pork a bit.

The rest of it may or may not be completely obvious.... ;)

I may source some of the stuff from restaurants as I don't have a charcoal grill at home and I have a taste profile in my head already...

since lak doesn't seem to be coming with a chicken dish, can we close up the chicken theme now, that's been 2 weeks...

Let's have everyone go in on the burrito theme, Faded should be able to do this one pretty well I think, but there are the dark horses.

didnt have hardly any materials at all but i just whipped up these tacos ..

didnt have supplies for salsa so i just made a puree out of habeneros and onions

79332323.jpg

i threw in some taco bell sauces lol

36264946.jpg

brown rice and green beans

49055176.jpg

so good..

97605624.jpg

20733591.jpg

75382398.jpg

Thanks don't often eat snags (sausages) but seeing the wall full of prizes and titles that these tings have won made me a little bolder. These were amazing, one was a thicker Boer War Sausage? (A south African style sausage) The other skinnier one was basil, sundried tomato and garlic. A sausage that i actually enjoyed (take that as you will haha).. Elderberry Salad Dressing btw.

back to Burritos:p

last night

0727092238.jpg

0727092052.jpg

spring rolls and

0727092052a.jpg

nuoc mam

so I got some herbs and sprouts from the Chinese supermarket and then just boiled some beef and steam cooked some shrimp, then did the whole thing where you dip the rice paper into the hot water ----> there you have it

this morn

0727091719.jpg

threw leftover ingredients together and stir fried w/ an egg

I used too much oil but otherwise was satisfying

Guest Phrost

not up on that tortillas from scratch tip but soon. maybe. i see you dismal

heating up tortilla so it gets a little crispy on the edges

2pr7gvt.jpg

canned cannellini? beans and yellow rice with spicy sausage. rice came out soggy but has a lot of flavor

1059kb5.jpg

pan seared chicken with sauteed yellow onions and red and green bell peppers

fo1xtw.jpg

shredded nacho cheese courtesy of america's choice (always a starving college budget concept)

o05ahc.jpg

popped it in the microwave to melt the cheese a bit

68uae9.jpg

i haven't eaten it yet :(

dpvblu.jpg

a little chunky mild tostitos salsa on the side

2u89kk1.jpg

how can this thread continue existence without its progenitor :( :( :(

i have never posted in this thread since vodka based beverages dont compete with the likes of mexi wonders and seared salmon, but i must agree, this thread should get deleted since scott can no longer be a part of it. we should all flag it as inapropriate and see what they do...

that said we should delete wetsides threads too, but a lot off them are too fun for me to really mean that... ;)