midnight snacks with scott.m and sufu friends!

made this tonight ... i know you guys are tired of seeing my same tacos everynight

always a good sight!

habes.jpg

making the tortillas

massss.jpg

flat.jpg

first time roasting the salsa

roasted.jpg

salsa.jpg

also made some pico for the hell of it

picop.jpg

meat

meat.jpg

added some queso fresca and then ate a shit load of them

minitaco.jpg

ive been making alot of mini tacos .. they are not as messy and you can just make a bunch of them with different topings

the homemade tortillas, shit just got real. Mini is always better as well.

I think you should look into getting different beef though, I know that is Wal Mart top round just by looking at it, and I know that shit has no flavor whatsoever and turns into rubber. Get something fatty and red.

put this in the random thoughts thread already but figured this one would be appropriate too since there's no cooking thread. anyone have a good recipe for chocolate chip cookies? getting tired of making toll house ones. tried a few other recipes and wasn't impressed

the homemade tortillas, shit just got real. Mini is always better as well.

I think you should look into getting different beef though, I know that is Wal Mart top round just by looking at it, and I know that shit has no flavor whatsoever and turns into rubber. Get something fatty and red.

yeah i know, i need to get some better meat for sure. thats publix "greenwise" selection. which is honestly the best i can find when im in ocala. ive been trying to find a good local butcher to get some high quality stuff.

and WayneGibbous thats a spot called shooting star. its in downtown gainesville and reallllly does the trick at 2am after a few beers and some herb smoking

yeah i know, i need to get some better meat for sure. thats publix "greenwise" selection. which is honestly the best i can find when im in ocala. ive been trying to find a good local butcher to get some high quality stuff.

and WayneGibbous thats a spot called shooting star. its in downtown gainesville and reallllly does the trick at 2am after a few beers and some herb smoking

Wards grocery in Gainesville has solid meat department. Also, Fresh Market over on nw thornebrook plaza is decent.

I've never gone there myself but you can go to the UF meat facility where they kill the cows and store/prepare the meat on site. Good prices usually and my friensd have enjoyed it. Another option you might want to check out if you are in gainesville.

http://www.animal.ufl.edu/extension/meat/documents/map%20to%20retail%20store.pdf

http://www.animal.ufl.edu/extension/meat/documents/Retail%20meat%20prices.pdf

Also, the food at Shooting Star sucks ass. They normally have decent drink specials and ish and the fact that you can get food till 2am is nice.

put this in the random thoughts thread already but figured this one would be appropriate too since there's no cooking thread. anyone have a good recipe for chocolate chip cookies? getting tired of making toll house ones. tried a few other recipes and wasn't impressed

http://www.crumblycookie.net/2009/04/04/cooks-illustrateds-perfect-chocolate-chip-cookies/

Those are fantastic.

Photo1-15.jpg

my late but still existent entry, sorry it took so long boys.

tonight we have an all time favorite of mine, the cluckin' russian.

consists of 3 breaded chicken cutlets, a slice of provolone, 3 slices of turkey bacon and of course, russian dressing. it's nothing too special, but the flavors are fucking amazing.

dismal, could you please produce your interpretation of a korean burrito? like this one from john's snack n deli ... http://www.snackanddeli.com/

jsd_burrito.jpg

jsd_kimcheeburrito.jpg

always, with photo documentation if possible :)

just make a burrito with bulgogi

and kimchi

that's what that one looks like, anyways

the rice looks like its cooked with sesame seed oil (?) ..

i think dismal could pull off a nicer lookin one i think... maybe add some gochujjang ? bibimbap in a burrito?

dismal is good with the fusion concepts

dismal, could you please produce your interpretation of a korean burrito? like this one from john's snack n deli ... http://www.snackanddeli.com/

jsd_burrito.jpg

jsd_kimcheeburrito.jpg

always, with photo documentation if possible :)

Nice idea, will do that for you. I have seen Momofuku NYC's Korean burrito before, and I was not impressed with its execution.

personally, I think kimchi in a Korena burrito is not only too obvious, but also a bit wrong, as a traditional burrito doesn't really have a pickled element in it. Ok, maybe a sour/tangy element, but pickled sour is not quite the same. I will mull over this and collect ingredients.

personally, I think kimchi in a Korena burrito is not only too obvious, but also a bit wrong, as a traditional burrito doesn't really have a pickled element in it. Ok, maybe a sour/tangy element, but pickled sour is not quite the same. I will mull over this and collect ingredients.

pickled jalapenos wouldn't be out of place on a "traditional" burrito.

But I was mostly joking, anyways.

Interested to see what you put together.

kimchi based salsa?