midnight snacks with scott.m and sufu friends!

I only eat Great Whites tyro. (10)

I hear poptarts and pringles are expensive as fuck down under. I toured with this Aussie band in the winter and all they wanted to eat was sour cream and onion pringles and rocky road poptarts.

And crissy, there are tons of dif kinds of tuna. Chicken of the sea is albacore I believe.

Yeah I grew up in Tasmania, so we get all good kinds of fish down there, love the shit. But yeah pringles are sort of pricey, dont even know where you can buy poptarts other than US food importers...

aw, dude, i'm so sorry, i wish i wasn't the one who had to break this to you, but tuna's not actually a vegetable. it's a real animal, it even breaths and craps

:(

:( i know i shouldn't eat sea things but i dont think i could ever give up sushi

i just dont like to eat animals i can pet and hug :(....

except turtles

would never eat a turtle

do it, i won't take offense, i actually enjoy your posts and would plus rep you for having the nerve to neg me, swear to god (0)

you're a cool motherfucker. if you do come to sf, i'll sneak you roofies and force feed you tuna, among other terrible things.

and i'm in a pretty high / drunken stupor right now. this thread is in no way helping me get rid of my hunger btw.

ALright, hammered already, it's past 11 here so close enough... this time I had to pull out all the stops so lak doesn't beat me again..

Anyhow, had been thinking on the theme, beef, and realized I have two above-all favorite ways one enjoying it, those being burgers and pho. So naturally, I decided to combine the two, and make the world's first Pho Burger. (sup poly800rock)

To my own surprise, the finished thing turned out fucking great, it really did taste like pho as a burger. I recommend you all try it at home if you can.

Ok, first step, collect a bunch of ingredients:

kby7oy.jpg

Second step, mix meat and make patties, so they can chill and marinate a bit. To ground beef, I added: half an egg, half a clove of minced garlic, some minced onion, minced cilantro, ground pepper, and then a couple small spoons of instant pho concentrate.

55qe8n.jpg

Third step, create an onion herb slaw; julienne into threads: some mini english cucumber, some carrot, green onions, red onion, and 4 herbs: cilantro, Thai Basil, mint, and some Vietnamese sawtooth leaf herb. Douse in juice of one lime and add black pepper before mixing.

fvk85x.jpg

Fourth step, finish up pho rice and make buns: To regular sticky rice and a regular amount of water, I added: some pho concentrate, then I steamed. Once it was done I opened it up, added a few spoons of sriracha, couple spoons of potato starch to bind, and then juice of one lime. I formed the buns in the bottoms of small round cylindrical bowls lined in saran wrap, and then toasted in a dry pan over low heat.

34snlmw.jpg

2rz30a9.jpg

(continued)

FIF step, season burger patties and do in the fry pan. I used regular black pepper and some Fleur de Sel.

if8kme.jpg

Sixth step, assemble, and eat. On the buns I spread some more Sriracha, added some iceberg lettuce, placed the patties on that (smelled really good), added a handful of onion herb slaw, and then placed the top bun on. Ready to eat, and consumed mine with a huge margarita on the rocks.

24omtes.jpg

i just landed in la and im living in my dads friends house so right now im enjoying dinner at good restaurants that theyre paying for. once they leave for vacation (friday) itll be just me and the (vegan) dog sitter so i'll be cooking again.

if i get lucky i might get french laundry in a few weeks