midnight snacks with scott.m and sufu friends!

There should be a seperate low-income college student midnight snack section.

My sandwich wasn't very expensive. That whole piece of bacon was $3 and I only used about 1/32 of it, tops. Cheese was on sale at the grocery store, veg was dirt cheap, and all the condiments are basically free since I used so little. Bread was most expensive element, but only because I bought it from the best bakery in town (Super high quality crusty bread concept). All in all this sandwich cost much less than $1.25.

Holy shit that looks delicious, lak :eek:

Here's mine, really simple: Mozzarella with spinach and a little nutmeg; cheap canned puttenesca for dipping; beer. Pardon my corny plate...they just won't break or die.

grilledcheese.jpg

You guys are really throwing down, good work guys. lak, do you live in Europe? Slab bacon here would cost me like $30 for the block you pictured, and it wouldn't even be that good.

I'll check in with my concept a little later, first I gotta eat dinner and then make it home in one piece...

I live in Canada. Ontario to be specific. We got a lot of pork going on, and cause of swine flu scare the stuff is dirt cheap. Copped huge pack of pork ribs at Costco for $22 that would've run me about $250 in a good quality restaurant last week and cooked them low and slow for about 7 hours (not incl. 24 hour dry rub marinade, or hour on the bbq). Was amazing.

Anyways, I'm sure you'll come correct dismal. Surprised I even beat you in the last round, your egg folding technique is masterful.

laks sandwich made me pregnant

tg keep the baby and I will feed you both all the bbq, grilled cheese, fried chicken and frittatas you can handle.;)

back home, been drinking and ate a steak dinner so I'm kinda full for a midnight snack right now, but it's coming a bit later. Got a good idea in mind too, should be a piece of cake.

Alright, got a bit behind there, was drinking beer and taking too many smoke breaks away from the stove and it took twice as long as expected.

Anyhow, I saw all these other grilled cheeses and knew I had no hope of even competing if I went conventional, because they don't have decent bread or cheese here. This time, not so local, I just made it off the top of my head and thought it'd be dope, and it was (already eaten concept). Oven-grilled my grilled cheese open-faced, because I am sick of eating fried shit, ate like 7 eggs yesterday because of superfuture and had to take it a bit easier today.

Naan open-faced grilled cheese with a toad in the hole egg, with a side of Chicken Vindaloo for spreading.

ingredients for the curry were:

-tomatoes

-garlic, onions, ginger

-1 habanero, 1 jalapeno, both from Holland (always a Kinokuniya vegetable concept)

-curry paste

-chicken, diced

-Japanese eggplant

-potatoes

-(wanted cauliflower but mine went dodgy in like a day)

-cilantro shreddded and mixed in at the end

Naan grilled cheese

-Ready-made naan

-red onion slices

-fresh mozzarella

-Grana Padano, grated finely

-1 egg in the middle to bake

-cilantro to top when out

start with this

2mwf8nd.jpg

Saute all ingredients above and blend, then combine with these:

6dzg2x.jpg