midnight snacks with scott.m and sufu friends!

Alright, 2:30 here. Decided to do it up local, fuck your cheeses and meats.

Omurice with demiglace, my chicken rice got some chicken, green pepper, zucchini, onion, a lil garlic, mushrooms, tomato sauce, a lil ketchup, half a Japanese bullion cube, a bay leaf, and white white to deglaze before I put the rice in.

2qsz4gh.jpg

Demiglace that I saved when I made the beef stew. It's simmered down from like a gallon of bullion and red wine and cooked for 6 hours.

2hci3b7.jpg

Opened up to show them chicken rice guts

2hnmlp4.jpg

So here it is. Definitley nowhere as complex, or as good looking as Lak or Dis, but pretty simple. The coffee cup omelette. It takes no more than 3 minutes from start to finish if you have some ingredients pre cut and is great if you have a commute.

In the skillet, bell pepper, onion, portabella, and linguisa.

egg1.jpg

In the cup, the secret ingredient.

egg2.jpg

Toss in the cooked ingredients.

egg3.jpg

and hit it in the microwave for :30.

egg4.jpg

pop it out, stir it up quick and throw in some tomato and cheese. Another :45 sec and it's done.

egg6.jpg

Best part is that the coffee cup fits in a car cupholder so you dont gotta think about balancing a plate on your lap. Lazy man's meal (no dirty dish concept).

Thanks dus, I admit I planned it out a bit and pulled the demiglace and the rice from the freezer ahead of time, but the cooking did only take about 15 minutes...

I am gonna try out that coffee cup omelette and lak's frittata though, those look legit and I don't even like eggs.

BTW I vote no on a fish theme, I don't eat fish or seafood, and only Faded shops at 24 hr supermarkets and most of yous don't really get good seafood selections anyway... and I agree that making a certain dish like a grilled cheese the theme is kind of lame too though, there's fewer surprises to be had...

yea i dont really care about it being a fish theme, i was just thinking about something other than the grilled cheese idea. im down for whatever.

but i was feeling the fish idea tonight so i hit up wally world (only 24 hour place to go) for some shrimp...

grilled half and deep fried half

the soon to be grilled ones in the marinade

yeshirmp.jpg

grillin

shrimpsq.jpg

used this for the breading on the deep fried ones

yest.jpg

about to be submerged

shirmpps.jpg

finished product

shirmppspsp.jpg

used cocktail sauce for the grilled ones (ignore the breading on my fingers .. lol)

wowza.jpg

used sriracha sauce for the fried ones

fried.jpg