Djrajio Dating Thread/Advice Column

Brags about some non kosher shit and posts personal details.

You seemed a cool dude and don't want to get all high school but small world and all that...

Rep is all fun and games but this is some serious fucking lack of judgement. check yourself a bit man

*edited bc misunderstood which fri

Edited by fals3

How lame would it be if I used someone's academic email address to ask them out?

I don't know anything about this girl other than the random tidbits she has told me in class (she hates coffee, for example). We get along very well in class and are constantly flirting but it could be just the setting.

Midterms are coming up though and I don't really want to ask her out during that week because that's annoying.

I've been attempting to find an angle in which it would be appropriate to email her but I've got nothing.

If you can see her in person, ask her in person. Asking someone out via facebook/email is really a last resort if you won't run into the person in the future. Even then it's really risky..

Just something like, 'hey, would you like to go out for tea (she hates coffee lolol) sometime?' can't hurt.

How lame would it be if I used someone's academic email address to ask them out?

I don't know anything about this girl other than the random tidbits she has told me in class (she hates coffee, for example). We get along very well in class and are constantly flirting but it could be just the setting.

Midterms are coming up though and I don't really want to ask her out during that week because that's annoying.

I've been attempting to find an angle in which it would be appropriate to email her but I've got nothing.

Spoke to this chick today after lecture. She has a fiancé. They've been together for eight years and they're getting married when she graduates next term.

She's 23. He's 32. Eight years ago she was 15 and he was 24, right? Weird.

She invited me to tea with her fiancé. I think I'll pass.

She also doesn't wear her engagement ring because "it's too flashy".

Edited by hahapete

^ if there's anything you can learn from that it's that girls flirt with guys even though they're not interested because that's just what girls do. as a way of "keeping their options open"; just in case the deal with fiance falls through, she'll already have dudes linin' up to take his place.

In America, are "let's grab a drink" and "grab some food" acceptable?

I've said those things before and I've been rejected on multiple occasions.

Do women back out because they think I'm trying to lay them?

No problems in Asia.

FYI, my pick-up line is "you are super cute and you are single...?"

I know, for a fact, this does NOT work in the US.

I kinda feel like American girls have become too casual, not too "good" or "picky", and are probably intimidated a lot of the time, and I think that's originating from shitty guys hollering shitty stuff at girls. Puts them on the defensive all the time. I've always thought the "hey there, you're really attractive and look really interesting, I'd love to take you out to get a drink sometime and get to know you" line is the way to go also, but a lot of girls I know rarely if ever hear that.

I'm lucky enough to have a considerably attractive girlfriend, and she gets hit on all the time, even when we're together, and the fucking lines these du's use are a joke. Shit like (from 30 yards away) "aye babycakes (that word actually gets used) come over here for a min so I can get your number". How's a guy expect that to actually work? These guys sound like fucking predators most of the time, and I think that's kinda becoming the standard. Good guys are too pussy to actually approach women in a real way, and just these assholes keep yelling dumb shit at girls, so they inevitably start getting bitter and guarded, and probably wouldn't have any idea what to do if they actually got a flattering line from a genuine guy.

You make a really good point.

One concept that is pervasive in America is that it is socially unacceptable for women above the age of 18 to be single. A lot of single women want to be in a steady, stable relationship, rather than experimenting and finding what works. They can only see men as relationship material or nothing else. I presume this is one of major factors that contributes to a high divorce rate.

I digressed. I work in healthcare. Most people i come in contact are prudes. Also, it doesn't help that I live in a very small city. I'm too "Hipster" for most cwgs anyway. I kinda stopped talking to women in general. I only talk about work and nothing else, unless they express some kind of interest.

The only girls who are down with my steez are girls who work at whole foods and trader joes.

Or those house wives who shop at mitsuwa.

I kinda feel like American girls have become too casual, not too "good" or "picky", and are probably intimidated a lot of the time, and I think that's originating from shitty guys hollering shitty stuff at girls. Puts them on the defensive all the time. I've always thought the "hey there, you're really attractive and look really interesting, I'd love to take you out to get a drink sometime and get to know you" line is the way to go also, but a lot of girls I know rarely if ever hear that.

I'm lucky enough to have a considerably attractive girlfriend, and she gets hit on all the time, even when we're together, and the fucking lines these du's use are a joke.

...I think dudes are just more fucking pathetic than they used to be. Some guy grabbed my girlfriend's hand when I was holding onto her other one at a bar. What the fuck. As far as girls go, you guys just need to up your game and do something classy, like whipping out your dick and pointing at the girl...with your dick.

The only girls who are down with my steez are girls who work at whole foods and trader joes.

Or those house wives who shop at mitsuwa.

I'm down with Mitsuwa housewives.

Checkout girl at Trader Joes asked my wife for my # because she thought she was my sister. Of course when I asked her how she looked she said "all amerikajin look the same to her" <_<

Then again I didnt notice, she was probably a dirty crusty.

this is true. while it's generally almost always a good thing to take charge of any situation (apart from rapist moves), making an effort can sometimes be misinterpreted as a sign of aggression, despite any honest intent -- hence your point on a girl's defensive impulse.

from what i've noticed, indifference can be an effective, yet unpopular, friend. i mean, it goes without saying that girls are more receptive when they don't feel the risk of being creeped on. not to be confused with disinterest... just saying that focusing on your own thing and not on poon already speaks volumes to ladies.

Edited by deafmetal

not gonna quote my original mini-novel, but I posted a few weeks back about some shit that was on my mind with the GF...stuff about our age difference and some different viewpoints. I did it pretty cautiously, but was able to talk to her about what was on my mind, in a non threatening way, and it actually went really well. I think I was wrong in that I was expecting her to "keep up" in a way, maybe not doing everything because I wanted just to make her happy, but because I thought it would push her to do more...which was definitely not the right perspective. She definitely understood where I was coming from tho, and things have been quite a bit better since we talked. I never wanted to really tell her what to do, I just wanted her to get it and want to give back...and somehow she got that without me having to say it too bluntly or push for it. I'm glad it got brought up. Just being able to talk about what was on my mind, and her reacting positively and bringing up some of her thoughts also really reaffirmed things between us and made me more confident in our future. You guys all gave great advice, def appreciated.

i sent an email to a girl from my email account at the bank i worked at

she was a client and i emailed her to tell her i was leaving and to call me at my home number

i got invited to a fashion show and a sleepover with the hottest girl i've ever met out of it. just fucking go for it.