Djrajio Dating Thread/Advice Column

I guess you guys are right in a way, even do you of course cant know all the  shit said and felt. I think she really likes me (for several reasons), but apparently not enough to be able to commit to something. I pushed her pretty hard previously if she wants to get together with her ex again, which she really denied (and sounded sincere about), but in another way I guess it could be expected.  Really wish I could just shrug it off and not hope for her to comeback , but fuck how do you do that when you really like/love someone?

Edited by superBobo

I guess you guys are right in a way, even do you of course cant know all the  shit said and felt. I think she really likes me (for several reasons), but apparently not enough to be able to commit to something. I pushed her pretty hard previously if she wants to get together with her ex again, which she really denied (and sounded sincere about), but in another way I guess it could be expected.  Really wish I could just shrug it off and not hope for her to comeback , but fuck how do you do that when you really like/love someone?

Its hard dude, broke off with my ex 6 months ago startet to talk and meet each other many times (dates in my mind) then she said it was just as friends for her. Didn't speak to her in over 2 months then she text me and tells me her grandmother died, just replied that I was sorry and hoped everything was okey, but she starts to text again but I am not answering. You can't let them do whatever they want it is a douche move to keep you on the lawn just making it harder for you to looking forward. Just like you, my ex knows I want to get back together but if she can't commit just try to get by. U never know whats going to happen in the future, but from now its better to just hang in there.

a girl i was dating said a lot of similar stuff. i was cool with it for awhile (like 30 hours) and being on a break was whatever, but then my irl friends told me to have some self respect. broke up with her after a fight about the break (was mutual). not even 2 weeks later she was dating another dude that had been hanging around.

regardless of what she said about how much she likes you/not wanting to get back together with ex, shes probably full of it. people are insecure, its a defense mechanism so you dont hate he cause she "cares about you" people only really care about themselves and then family on superficial level. there have been too many movies where girl says, i dont care about the past and all the shit i said, i need to do whats best for me. being a flake is glorified.

i wouldn't let this bother you, being upset about a girl is the worst, but is easily remedied by going out and actively trying to meet new people. i found that most people are the same (there too many people for the whole snowflake thing to be true) and at a certain point looks dont really matter. youll be good dude.

a girl i was dating said a lot of similar stuff. i was cool with it for awhile (like 30 hours) and being on a break was whatever, but then my irl friends told me to have some self respect. broke up with her after a fight about the break (was mutual). not even 2 weeks later she was dating another dude that had been hanging around.

regardless of what she said about how much she likes you/not wanting to get back together with ex, shes probably full of it. people are insecure, its a defense mechanism so you dont hate he cause she "cares about you" people only really care about themselves and then family on superficial level. there have been too many movies where girl says, i dont care about the past and all the shit i said, i need to do whats best for me. being a flake is glorified.

i wouldn't let this bother you, being upset about a girl is the worst, but is easily remedied by going out and actively trying to meet new people. i found that most people are the same (there too many people for the whole snowflake thing to be true) and at a certain point looks dont really matter. youll be good dude.

kAFs on the fuckin money  they all do exactly the same thing. 

rather than speak the truth and risk your anger or contempt the self defence kicks in and they say something/anything/everything to keep u around for emotional support so for you my friend (bobo) get rid of her from your life and thoughts and do your thing BECAUSE

if she isnt full of shit she'll come to u and if she is then you'll soon know. 

advice given from an internet stranger, sure, but one that wishes he'd done this on multiple occasions and currently chasing a girl in a long term relationship  :P

^ to put perspective. homie is just saying that, hey its ok to be idealistic "have some self respect etc," but love is hard and being logical is fine and good, but at the end of the day whatever is gonna make him happy is ok and it doesnt have to be logical.

usually we act illogically in regards to relationships. i know i do, i look back and think "wtf is wrong with past-self that made him-me do that shit" done some stupid shit tbh.

thanks guys. After the first wtf feeling its a little better, but I still of course think about it constantly. Ruminating if I should try to get in touch with her and make her clarify things in hope forcing some "closure", or if I should just let it be (and perhaps contact her in a couple of months if I still feel like it then). Not sure of the life situation of you guys of course, but im 30 + and really saw this going somewhere, which is why I take it so bad and hope she´ll come around (even though I understand that a harsher/"more realistic" analysis of the situation suggests this will never happen).

(if anyone here was chasing her, I murder you!)

Not a "dating" story but I would regularly run into this lady on my way home from work and we'd have interesting conversations, so I asked her for her number the other day. Texted her about grabbing some coffee...and a couple days later she responds with a message saying that her religion prohibits her from spending one-on-one time with people of the opposite gender. Um....ok. I knew she was baptist and pretty hardcore into that, so not really all that surprised. 

That was the first woman I've ever asked for their number. Being 29, I realize that's odd, but I'm also physically disabled (gait abnormalities w/ partial seizures from time to time) and that's sort of hampered me from "normal" male activities involving the opposite gender. Oh well, gives me more time to sit in front of a computer and code the night away.

Edited by amathew

i understand, but i was more coming from the angle that it was a funny way to end the post considering the context (bobo's relationship status). for all we know, bobo's girl might have been influenced by the ex giving chase ya kno? in a sense, it came off like he was trying to comfort bobo while perpetuating the cycle for some other poor dude. it's almost absurd lol.

in before thefuture was actually chasing bobo's girl.

yo i never said i wasnt a sucker  :(  

can still analyse my past situations an those ive witnessed and pass on these observations

Edited by thefuture

i can't imagine sleeping with a colleague unless you work in retail or some other high-turnover shit.

the irony is i have completely fallen for a colleague since posting this and would ask her out in a heartbeat if she didn't have a boyfriend (which i only found out today). #jimandpam

Women are fickle, they come and go so put the bottles (alcohol and pills) down and move on. She's most likely getting plowed by some other dude right now so delete and block her number immediately. Approach 10 new girls next week and report back.

i think u inverted the colors on ur icon 

Be4o4hw.png

^^ yea I know, surprised myself. Just feel stressed out as fuck, but Im moving to another country and shit very soon as well, guess that contributes.

really really like her, and was shocked by the whole thing. Guess that contributes as well. 

Edited by superBobo

ok, my point is proven.

watch Laggies with Kiera Knightly or whoever that woman from pirates of the Caribbean is. shit is exactly what i'm talking about.

edit: west quoted, but deleted on behalf of networth's request.

Edited by Kaf

ok, my point is proven.

watch Laggies with Kiera Knightly or whoever that woman from pirates of the Caribbean is. shit is exactly what i'm talking about. the best parts is the music as credits roll.

read further on your prerogative as I proceed to spoil movie. i dont know how to do the spoiler shit cause i dont sit on sufu all day so here goes. this chick been with a dude since sophomore year of HS, all her friends getting married and shes just some tumbleweed character and hasnt got her shit together, hence the title. Then tooth pick lies and lies and lies some more after something "bad" happens and hurts her emotionally blah blah blah. meets chloe grace mortez or whoever the girl from kick-ass (1 and 2) is but now this time she is older and a high schooler and is starting to get all woman bodied. anyways, she buys kick ass and her friends alcohol and they bond. she then is living with this young girl and gets caught by her single dad. (if you havent seen where this is going then you really do need this thread) anyways, i forgot to tell you all that she is really hiding from her since sophomore year BF by lying and saying she is getting her life together at a job seminar after he proposes. dude is a total dweeb, director obviously is encouraging what happens in second and third acts. obviously she develops feelings for the girls dad, as he is a lawyer and they talk a couple times and then they get drinks out of the blue and have sex and all that good stuff. she is about to run away with fiance as her spot gets blown up and young girl finds out about the fiance and then wants her to leave cause she is just going to hurt her dad etc. she calls it off before they board plane to elope in vegas, goes to prom to set things right with kick ass girl, sees that the other kids she has been hanging with are gonna be ok, their lives obviously fucked up too, and then goes to see the lawyer dad. lawyer dad is all welcoming cause he loves her after a week. then the credits are all happy go lucky and the audience thinks, thank god she finally found herself!!!!!

see what i mean? all she did was go around lying to people to get what she wanted, to be a flake, and to hide from problems. the director acknowledges that this is childish, but glorifies her finding herself, even if it means ruining the lives of people around her. doesnt even tie up loose ends of people she screwed over under the assumption that the audience didnt care about them because they were framed in a negative light, they were holding her back etc. she ends up with emotionally scarred dude and is gonna be the step mom of some girl 9 years younger than her. and the damn happy music credits tell audience, well at least she found herself. fuck all the rational people in the movie who we've made to look like total dipshits compared to kiera (it could be keira, i dont know) knightly who is so whimsical and true to herself, even if it was hard for her to be. she did tear up and feel bad when she shattered her ex fiance's heart/life etc. if film ended with a montage of that dudes new life: waking up getting coffee, trying not to kill himself in the shower, driving to work, mindlessly making photo copies for a boss that he used to tolerate because Kie®a knighly was his wife to be, eating dinner alone, going to bed after reading a symbolic book to fit the mood, and then waking up to the same shot you saw at the beginning of the montage but the shower scene's lighting is slightly darker and you see his face in the mirror and he looks more determined than the last scene and the audience knows he will kill himself this time, or attempt to, maybe ending with a shot of him with a pulse in hospital is more depressing because the audience would know that he will continue to live like this....thats what i was thinking when credits rolled. and that stupid happy go lucky music was playing, and i knew i had to come bitch on sufu in the djrajio dating thread/advice thread. because this shit is actually real life, that directors think thats what life is like, and the lens is totally wrong, and people need to grow the fuck up. im almost 21, and im not as insensitive as whoever directed that shitty movie. i coulda told you what happens by the 15 minute mark. shit is so weak.

anyways, i hope you feel better. happy belated valentines day everyone.

aren't you supposed to be an english major? make this better. goddamn goddamn.

^^ yea I know, surprised myself. Just feel stressed out as fuck, but Im moving to another country and shit very soon as well, guess that contributes.

really really like her, and was shocked by the whole thing. Guess that contributes as well. 

I mean I feel you but still, putting it all in perspective that's a really really short time to know someone. You might be (and to be honest you most likely are) in love with the image of her that you have in your head, not the real person. You don't know the real person.

• 4 weeks later...