Djrajio Dating Thread/Advice Column

i mean fycus, i'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that wife beaters and wide legs was what i wore to the date (because i never ever mentioned it) but if you have to know; a white collared blouse with no buttons, worn tucked in into black dress trousers and a pair of leather sandals. maybe that should give you an idea about whether i should be friend-zoned even though i don't see it as any sort of thing to be ashamed about if i do.

i'm sure anybody who ever matched with me can make some sort of accurate guess as to the sort of person they might meet. i'm not shady about it and i guess that makes it easier for me to not be so worried about what i should wear or what i shouldn't other than whether i feel good and confident in whatever i'm in for that day. to be a compromise of your own self would be such a shame for the sake of a woman who would definitely not be right person for you, if she felt uncomfortable about the way you presented yourself.

anyway, she was surprisingly interested enough in what i wore and complimented me so i guess that's that.

and besides, i had a good date.

the friend zone is made up. it doesn't exist. it isn't a thing. if you 'get friend zoned' (which still isn't a thing) you done it to your own damn self. 

not saying it's right, but schad's right. when you swipe based on a headshot & and someone shows up "internet approved" it may illicit a "huh, wha?"

how is this the same thing? "Internet approved" was reference to dress, i thought. Your headshot is capture of yourself. Two different types of attractions, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And I referenced the same thing in my post about looks being a factor more so than dress if you are going to judge someone solely on appearance. 

howl was not wearing a wife beater and wide leg trousers anyways, fycus was being smartass 

she was surprisingly interested enough in what i wore and complimented me so i guess that's that.

yo post d8-fit.

verbatim how exactly did she compliment you (yr jawns/fit)?

how did yr tinder girl dress?  

tumblr_o38o1o1FQW1qbx7o6o1_1280.jpg

we were talking about yoga. but then asked 'what do you think of the way you dress?'

i said it would be uninteresting of me to talk about how i dressed so i asked what she thought of it.

she said, 'i think you have good posture and that what you wear makes me think of you as a calm and collected person'.

she wore a black t-shirt, those summery ethnic printed full-length skirts and sandals.

aka when you get older.

IDK what Coffee Meets Bagel is serving up for you where you live, but here in NYC it's basically the most "really serious about their career" Christian Asian women you can get that aren't really uh.. working for me. I'm sure they're all wonderfully nice women and I really hope the best for them, but after giving a few slightly more promising women a chance, I don't think the service really delivers that great. That and it's deathly slow.

I've had met much more interesting people on other services (OkCupid mostly).

At least Bumble gives you korny white girls almost 24/7. Go Florida State University!

not saying it's right, but schad's right. when you swipe based on a headshot & and someone shows up "internet approved" it may illicit a "huh, wha?"

Isn't the american king of hookups dressed like an emo victorian wizard?

we were talking about yoga. but then asked 'what do you think of the way you dress?'

i said it would be uninteresting of me to talk about how i dressed so i asked what she thought of it.

she said, 'i think you have good posture and that what you wear makes me think of you as a calm and collected person'.

she wore a black t-shirt, those summery ethnic printed full-length skirts and sandals.

was her analysis of the way you dress accurate or at least satisfying in yr opinion?  

um did u smash yet?

The last five consecutive women with whom I have gone on a date have revealed to me that they have boyfriends, either just prior to, or during the first (and last) date. And I checked the stories out; it's true. What the fuck is going on here?

Testing the waters for something new.

imagine bein a lady and the first thing that u feel when ur kissed is the fuzz from his soul patch

imagine bein a lady and feeling an immense sense of dread

imagine bein a lady

Edited by Dr. Dog

imagine bein a lady and the first thing that u feel when ur kissed is the fuzz from his soul patch

imagine bein a lady and feeling an immense sense of dread

imagine bein a lady

i can only imagine being your lady  :(

tumblr_o38o1o1FQW1qbx7o6o1_1280.jpg

i hope you were striking this exact pose when you were waiting for her to show up.

howl i'm not gonna post the shit you wrote on tumblr about your last tinder girl, but honestly it was very fucking cringe inducing, and you need to take a step back and really think about how you present yourself to these women. you're acting like every single interaction is as important to them as it seems to be to you. this will never be true. you need to learn the appropriate level of contact.

tbh im not much for internet bullying, im sure howls a nice guy. and who hasn't scoped a chick's facebook profile or something after you  got a name or whatever. i do think the thinking aloud and then relaying it to a complete stranger is a recipe for disaster. 

Edited by Fycus

“today, i added her on ICQ. and i can’t make much of her profile - it says ‘no suprises.’ which is as vague as it sounds. it says she’s a sales assistant at an independent video game retailer, they carry some import snk, squaresoft and a bunch of others.

here is what i had in mind as an opening message.
'i think we’ve crossed paths just where the EB games is, and i recall being taken by the fantastic legend of dragoon shirt (which makes sense now), generous breast proportions and great sense of 'eccentric' quirkiness you had as we walked our different ways'.
just really wanting to know of any person’s consensus about how they might construe it. my own wish is that it comes across as a genuinely honest observation that might be taken as a compliment as i can only think how heartwarming (to me) to have a person remember how you were on some particular day.
or am i miscalculating, and that this is a terrible idea (i mean this is why i’m horrible at chatting..)?"

me, aged 12, asking for advice on ign.
Edited by conqueror