Djrajio Dating Thread/Advice Column

anyone who says that getting laid immediately isn't a good idea is a fucking retard also

i had agreed with basically every point you made except this. if you just got out of a long term (years) and serious relationship, i'd say its a terrible idea.

and mharcl; its over, you know it is but don't want to admit it. i've been in the same position as i'm sure many others have been. shit sucks, but stop making excuses and start the process of moving on. the longer you drag this out the worse you are going to feel. its done.

I know this is a dick move, but I promise I'm not doing this solely for the 'i told you so':

Maybe she will. Maybe she won’t. The in-between scenario? She will come back; partly due to her feelings for you, but also partly out of guilt for hurting you. You will stay together for a few months -- half a year if you’re lucky. But the same reasons she wanted to leave in the first place will still be there. They’ve been there the whole time. It will end again. You will feel this way again.

That was from last summer. So, okay, I undershot a little and you got more than half a year out of it, but see where it ended up? I know we all have to learn these things on our own, the hard way, but hopefully it'll make it easier to recognize the next time.

I can't tell the future -- this is just some concrete proof that there usually is a rule, and you're not usually going to be the exception to it. Good luck moving on.

yo, after reading this thread in 2 days (i have no life lol) i'm agreeing with most of the people here. Mharcl i dont wanna be mean but you dont seem to learn but it's indeed sad and i dont really know what to do besides the already mentioned reply.

I think this girl is trolling me. Met homegirl through some friends and got her number. Some mutual friends says she was bout it and into me. Few days passed by and I decided to shoot a text to see whats up and all that jazz. Asked her if she was up to anything over the weekend and she said how some mutual friends were going to some club, told her to send me the details when she can. Yesterday I sent a text asking if she found out where the klub would be at. No response. Decided to wait a day and give homegirl a call but no call back and I didnt leave a message.

I figured she'd contact me back but its no worries. I could care less. Other fish in the sea. Never thought I'd be trolled on though.

I think this girl is trolling me. Met homegirl through some friends and got her number. Some mutual friends says she was bout it and into me. Few days passed by and I decided to shoot a text to see whats up and all that jazz. Asked her if she was up to anything over the weekend and she said how some mutual friends were going to some club, told her to send me the details when she can. Yesterday I sent a text asking if she found out where the klub would be at. No response. Decided to wait a day and give homegirl a call but no call back and I didnt leave a message.

I figured she'd contact me back but its no worries. I could care less. Other fish in the sea. Never thought I'd be trolled on though.

come on, if you weren't worried at least somewhat you would not post this into the thread.

but anyways, it's cool, just give it some time, some people are flakes so there's the possibility that she's not trolling. and if she is, like you said, you could care less.

So anyway, this is what went down when we got together on Sunday.

At first when she got there, I said to her something along the lines of, "You know, I was doing some thinking the past couple of days, and maybe you are right, and we can't be together."

Then we talked some for a little bit, and says she still feels like she needs some space and some time, I told her I simply can't do that, you have to respect me and how I feel about this, you can't just prance around taking all the time in the world, while i'm sitting here in some fucking limbo. You either let me move on with my life, or you stay and we work things out.

After this she kept stressing she needs time, she doesn't know if we can be together etc, a couple of times she got up, and it seemed like she was just gonna walk out, KNOWING that I would really sever all ties with her, but she didn't believe I would do that.

She said she didn't appreciate how i'm sort of making an ultimatum, which it really wasn't.

Long story short, in the end she agreed that we would stay together, but she doesn't necessarily feel right about it, she said she trusts me when I say that everything is going to be alright, and she still loves me.

This was Sunday night...we're going to see each other tomorrow.

I'm not going to lie, I don't know if I really feel better, I feel like I convinced her to stay, and she didn't do it on her own accord entirely. But then another part of me thinks that if allowed herself to be convinced she still wants in.

She said she felt like she was going against her better judgement, but at the same time she doesn't think she stayed 100% because of me, or what I said or did...so some part of her still wanted to stay

I'm just really fucking confused at this point, I don't have much hope, and I think I feel worse than before. Really what are the odds of her coming back to stay for good after all this? Should I just let her go know, or should I just let it ride out again, so at least in the end I could say I tried. Who knows what will happen...?

This just really fucking sucks all around.

she's using you plain and simple. she knows you'll be there waiting (and have been) so she chooses to not give you closure and tell you its over (which I think your waiting to hear). The fact is your getting used and the decision on whether or not to break up is for you to make, not her, so stop thinking that way.

or

your smothering her and she needs some time alone. but imo "breaks" never work so don't expect anything.

Should I

the only thing you should do is stop asking for advice on this forum

highlights of my post above:

we dont know you, her, or what yall been through

i would recommend you:

1) get off the internet

2) do some soul searching; this may involve a long night with your record collection and/or a bottle, long solo walks (you are lucky in that nyc is an ideal setting for these), etc

3) make a decision, stand by it, and don't beat yourself up regardless of the consequences

even if you come to define that decision as a mistake, thats life man; making mistakes and hopefully learning from them

good luck

know thyself, make a decision, own it

agreed with OD. i'm thinking she's just baiting you until she can find someone else, hence the time part. and you didn't convince nobody, kinda did give her an ultimatum and forced her to choose something she's not entirely comfortable with. you gotta be decisive and don't give her option to stay in or opt out.

not that i was ever e-dickriding but for whatever reason this post (2 + a hlaf yrs ago, i realize) has always been stuck in my head

Bro wear.

Seriously.

Nudie jeans. Sneakers. Muscle shirts.

Axe body spray.

My NY jacked-friends are rubbing off on me.

But they get bitches.

You can't get bitches with Rick Owens or Julius.

I already asked bitches about this.

They said "no".

can you verify if this is/was (10)

so last night, in my drunken stupor, i sent messages to 2 older chicks that i thought were down for my cause back in the day. i also followed up with a "im sorry i was drunk" message... The results

girl 1: zubin boobin ur funny. I thought it was probably a drunken message. Dont worry I didnt think anything of it. I was just flattered.

girl 2 sent me 3 messages:

1. No worries at all, good to hear from you! How are things?

2. Ps I thought ur msg was sweet

3. :)

So girl 1 has low selfesteem and im pretty sure i could actualy take her out on a date. Im thinking about hitting her back with "drunken words are sober thoughts" and shmooz her a little.

Girl 2 seems obviously down, right? When I was 16 and she was 19, we worked together and she would let me touch/fondle/see her boobs all the time at work. And she had a BF at the time and he hadnt gone that far w/ her. This was only after she found out i drove an M3

your thoughts?

so last night, in my drunken stupor, i sent messages to 2 older chicks that i thought were down for my cause back in the day. i also followed up with a "im sorry i was drunk" message... The results

girl 1: zubin boobin ur funny. I thought it was probably a drunken message. Dont worry I didnt think anything of it. I was just flattered.

girl 2 sent me 3 messages:

1. No worries at all, good to hear from you! How are things?

2. Ps I thought ur msg was sweet

3. :)

So girl 1 has low selfesteem and im pretty sure i could actualy take her out on a date.

Girl 2 seems obviously down, right? When I was 16 and she was 19, we worked together and she would let me touch/fondle/see her boobs all the time at work. And she had a BF at the time.

edit* am i not allowed to give advice?

your thoughts

fondling of boobs with that age difference and while she had a boyfriend is a good sign.

text her aka bone her before girl#1.

my friends that own m3s have always told me an m3 would automatically let you put it in them guts, but...

i still want an e39 wagon :(

that's what i drive, with a V8 :D. and having three other e34s in the family made me not want to drive our 3series ever. we also have a mini.

bmwhaaat?

bumping this thread

saw a girl that i used to like a few years ago on campus today, i was a chump back then so of course she denied me like a few times but she saw me today looking good and everything talking to a few cute girls during my class break and she just inboxed me on facebook saying we should catch up over drinks next weekend

a part of me says to not go while the other says to go, take my revenge and fuck her

update: i fucked her last weekend, roger out