SD-103 - 2 Months - Pics

Geowu

Quote:

Geowu, yep. I didn't do exact measurements when I first got them but I laid them on top of my Eternal 811's (which had been worn and stretched a lot) and they were even, so it was about 34" - 34.5" before the wash. Then I put them in the washing machine on warm-hot (my apt. building's machines have "cold," "warm" and "hot" -- "warm" is hot enough that the water is steaming when it 's poured into the drum, so I stick with warm...) and they shrunk to 32" in the waist...

they were really, really tight in the crotch when I first put them on. The jeans were pretty much shrinkwrapped onto my package. Felt kinda weird. Now about ten days later they have opened up a LOT and they're actually comfortable now. icon_smile.gif

--- Original message by minya on Feb 22, 2006 03:58 PM

Yikes! Guess that means a 32 waist would conceivable shrink down to a 30 after the inital hot wash?

They do say, however, that one must suffer for his fashion....

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

ok, they're out of the washer

Waist measurement is nearly identical to my Eternal 811; they're about 82 cm / 16" when laid flat, measured, and doubled.

Front rise is 10" measuring from the bottom of the J-stitch

Denim is insanely heavy and starchy. The selvage stripe is all brown now due to the starch leakage icon_smile_sad.gif ah well.

The leather patch is beautiful.

--- Original message by minya on Feb 14, 2006 04:35 PM

Yeah it is very heavy and starchy, and the whites on the selvadge on my jeans also turned a bit brown.

Yeah I would second just putting them in the washing machine on warm, then hang dry. Problem is, you already have some wear on them so the indigo might start fading a little more than if they were new I am thinking.

Edited by bobby alto on Mar 2, 2006 at 11:33 AM

minya, asfberg and and the others owning SD, ET, and Samurais. would it be posible to post some pictures of how they look when they are worn. cause it seems quite confusing chosing the right pair with all those different cuts and measures etc. so i thought best advice would be, to see how they fit... thanks

Got my SD-101 one-wash and Denime 66Low in 31's. Boy was I wrong on the size. I can button them up, but it is TIGHT. I don't know how much they'll stretch, but my first inclination is to sell the SD-101's and work on the Denimes... great fit in the legs on those.

Anyone interested in the SD-101's? I'll take pictures when I get home.

yo, these are classic stan smiths.thats a one of a kind shoe. this model has survived the last 40 years. thats pure sneaker history. it has influenced hedis dior sneakers , also guccis tennis line. also seen on credible celebs (chris martin, robbie williams).

that sneaker is a keeper..

i meant it another way. they are credible when comparing them to other celebs wearing ´designer´ crap ,like david beckham, paris hilton or jessica simpson..

plus, chris martin (i dont like his music) is cool for promoting the fair trade project, and r. wiliams (dont like his music either) is just a cool cat, who made it froom working class to stardom, and has the FUCK YOU ALL attitude. women, sex, drugs & rock ´n roll.

yep, I don't wear them like that, I hadn't had time to get them hemmed when I took the pictures.

btw, it's true that they wear a lot faster than for example apcs, or rather, faster than any western brand, I think it's safe to say.

This is after wearing them seven days or something. A lot of wear for that short time I think. My apcs didnt change for the first month, maybe longer.

7d2.jpg

7d1.jpg

dontcaretoomuchforcrap CANT SKATE!!

What size are your SD-103's jinx?

I managed to sell my SD-101's and I'm trying to decide between Denime 66xx (I'm keeping the 66Low) and the SD-103's.

Am I correct in assuming the SD-103 is not your classic 66 type? Looks a tad roomier in all the pics I've seen posted.

The plot sickens...

Just pulled my SD-103 drys out of the box today. They're tagged 32 waist (which I ordered). However, the waist (measuring from the back of the waist) comes to exactly 30". Inseam is just under 34". I tried them on, and realllly like the feel of them. Snugger through the hips/rear than my Sugar Cane 47's, and the lower rise is great too.

Basically, they're totally perfect and ready to be broken in, howver I'd like to get about 1 or 1.5" shrunk on the legs. Thinking a lukewarm soak, then wear them wet? I realize the waist will probably shrink down to near hip-crushing proportions, but assume that it'll stretch out to 31/32 at some point.

Overall, very very pleased. My nudies are definitely slowly getting moved closer to the back of the closet icon_smile_tongue.gif

I keed, I keed.

I think the waist stretches easily, so it will be fine. Although I would machine wash on 60C to get the most shrinkage at once. BTW, what do you think of, after the wash/soak, drowning them in liquid starch/water, and then drying?

Edited by Geowu on Mar 10, 2006 at 01:55 PM

Quote:

The plot sickens...

Just pulled my SD-103 drys out of the box today. They're tagged 32 waist (which I ordered). However, the waist (measuring from the back of the waist) comes to exactly 30". Inseam is just under 34". I tried them on, and realllly like the feel of them. Snugger through the hips/rear than my Sugar Cane 47's, and the lower rise is great too.

Basically, they're totally perfect and ready to be broken in, howver I'd like to get about 1 or 1.5" shrunk on the legs. Thinking a lukewarm soak, then wear them wet? I realize the waist will probably shrink down to near hip-crushing proportions, but assume that it'll stretch out to 31/32 at some point.

Overall, very very pleased. My nudies are definitely slowly getting moved closer to the back of the closet icon_smile_tongue.gif

I keed, I keed.

--- Original message by TB on Mar 10, 2006 10:59 AM

Thats your best bet, putting them on when damp should stretch the waist and hips a little so you can at least get a chance to let them stretch more without physical pain.

Think I'll start with the soak, and see what that does to the length, as I don't really want/need the waist to get any smaller, at least not drastically smaller.

Liquid starch/water mix, huh? What ratio of starch to water do you think? Any recommendations on brands of starch? Hadn't really thought about it....just anxious to get them out of the tub!