SD-103 - 2 Months - Pics

Geowu

Quote:
Quote:

HOLY FUCK THESE ARE TIGHT

--- Original message by minya on Feb 14, 2006 06:32 PM

Your tagged 34's shrank to 32 in the waist? And which part is tight?

I went with one-wash for both the Denime and SA's, so I hope I'm covered. I should have them next week, so we'll see.

--- Original message by gunpwdr on Feb 14, 2006 08:33 PM

The hips. These are hip-crushers. Since the waist is lower than the Eternal 811, I can't wear them as high, which means.... my hips are in pain.

hopefully they stretch soon, haha.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

gunpwdr, which service did you use? djrajio has not replied yet. i guess he's busy.

--- Original message by john11f on Feb 14, 2006 08:45 PM

John,

I PM'd djrajio and he got back to me within 2 days.

Coincidentally, one of my friends is in Japan for a month, so I bugged him instead.

djrajio's fees are very, very fair though... and I even thought about getting more stuff through him, but I'm getting enough stuff.

Quote:

minya, would you recommend people going one size larger in the SD-103 than in the ET 811?

Maybe I should give them a couple of days to stretch and then ask again. icon_smile.gif

--- Original message by tangerine on Feb 15, 2006 11:26 AM

ok, after a half hour of wear last night and a half-day today -- no, they're the right size.

They're definitely stretching. Still tight in the hips, but not brutally tight, and I can sit down properly. icon_smile.gif

Leg-wise these are very similar to the Eternal 811. Very slim fitting legs, just like the 1966 501.

The upper block, however, is quite different. The 811 is a "full-waist" jean that is meant to be worn above the hips, about an inch and a half below the bellybutton. The SD-103 is designed to be worn on the hips.

Like asfberg said, the SD-103 is sort of lacking in crotch room. I still feel sort of self-conscious, like I'm displaying my package to the world. I guess it'll open up space-wise in a little while though. The 811 is very different, its' very roomy in this regard. The 811 also has comparatively huge back pockets (although the 103's aren't that small... they're bigger than APC's mousetrap pockets, for instance).

Back pockets are fairly small as well.

the denim is dark as hell and it's slightly heavier than Eternal's.

The leather patch on the SD-103 is nicer than on the 811's, IMO. It appears to be a different kind of leather altogether, actually.

Hi all,

Just thought I'd drop a few words. Congrats on the SD's minyas and for john and horrible, my apologises for not getting back to you guys sooner. Horrible, I shipped your jeans yesterday, should take 3-5 days. Work has been incredibly busy (I work in investment banking) and now have been pulling 15-18 hour days for the last 2 weeks (including weekends), so please bear with me if I haven't gotten back to you. Finally, although many of us on SF know each other by real name and are fairly open, I'd like to request people to refrain from using my real name on SF. Thanks!

djrajio

Hi all,

Just wanted to drop a few words. Congrats on the SDs minyas and for john and horrible, my apologise for taking longer to reply/ship. Horrible, your jeans were shipped yesterday and will arrive in 3-5 days. John, I didnt have time to visit the 45rpm store last weekend, hopefully this weekend I'll have the chance. Work has been incredibly busy recently (I work for an investment bank here in Tokyo) and have been pulling 15-18 hour days for the last week and a half, so if I don"t get back to you, please be patient. Finally, although I know many of you on SF by real name and trust you, I'd like to request people to refrain using my real name on the boards just for privacy purposes. Thanks!

djrajio

Quote:

Hi all,

Just wanted to drop a few words. Congrats on the SDs minyas and for john and horrible, my apologise for taking longer to reply/ship. Horrible, your jeans were shipped yesterday and will arrive in 3-5 days. John, I didnt have time to visit the 45rpm store last weekend, hopefully this weekend I'll have the chance. Work has been incredibly busy recently (I work for an investment bank here in Tokyo) and have been pulling 15-18 hour days for the last week and a half, so if I don"t get back to you, please be patient. Finally, although I know many of you on SF by real name and trust you, I'd like to request people to refrain using my real name on the boards just for privacy purposes. Thanks!

djrajio

--- Original message by djrajio on Feb 15, 2006 05:30 PM

hey, no problem at all, wouldn't say you were slow :)

my jeans arrived in stockholm today, so I should have them on monday I think. rather quick shipping, considering the distance.

dontcaretoomuchforcrap CANT SKATE!!

Quote:

minya, looks very nice on you! they have a great color don't they?...

thanks for posting it

--- Original message by Geowu on Feb 17, 2006 08:19 AM

yup, the color is incredible. They lost NO color at all after the warm wash.

In other news, I washed my Eternal 811's last night... and they pretty much didn't lose any color at all either, except for some slight whiskering.

got some 17oz samurai's as well

the denim on both is stiff and rough (much rougher than any other denim i've seen)

the 17oz ones weren't that hard to button but i did have sore fingers for the first few days

excellent jeans

think the combination of the shallow crotch and stiff denim should make your next week ... interesting

you'll survive i'm sure

good luck and never let them see you cry

whoa, you certainly have a lot of nice denim!

there is indeed some resistance around the crotch area when walking, but I like that feel.

btw, I just checked the measurements after wearing them for a few hours. The waist is larger than tagged, about 79cm. They either did not fully shrink, or they stretched much easier than I thought. I'm leaning towards the stretching theory because I soaked them for over 5 hours in a lot of water that was over 40 degrees for 3 hours and then went down to just 37 degrees over the next two hours, so that should have been enough. They also did shrink the full amount in length.

I'm going to get them hemmed and possibly tapered a little. What kind of thread do I want, 100% cotton?

dontcaretoomuchforcrap CANT SKATE!!

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on Feb 21, 2006 at 05:24 AM

Geowu, yep. I didn't do exact measurements when I first got them but I laid them on top of my Eternal 811's (which had been worn and stretched a lot) and they were even, so it was about 34" - 34.5" before the wash. Then I put them in the washing machine on warm-hot (my apt. building's machines have "cold," "warm" and "hot" -- "warm" is hot enough that the water is steaming when it 's poured into the drum, so I stick with warm...) and they shrunk to 32" in the waist...

they were really, really tight in the crotch when I first put them on. The jeans were pretty much shrinkwrapped onto my package. Felt kinda weird. Now about ten days later they have opened up a LOT and they're actually comfortable now. icon_smile.gif