SD-103 - 2 Months - Pics

Geowu

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:

you can get them either dry or one wash.

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Feb 12, 2006 04:20 AM

Is it fair to say that either should be bought in your true size? There's mention of the dry ones shrinking to tagged size in another thread. Then there's the model in the Bears page listed at 5'10" and 154lbs (I'm 5'10" and 165lbs) wearing a 32". I was leaning towards the 31"... so any feedback is appreciated.

Quote:
Quote:

you can get them either dry or one wash.

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Feb 12, 2006 04:20 AM

Is it fair to say that either should be bought in your true size? There's mention of the dry ones shrinking to tagged size in another thread. Then there's the model in the Bears page listed at 5'10" and 154lbs (I'm 5'10" and 165lbs) wearing a 32". I was leaning towards the 31"... so any feedback is appreciated.

--- Original message by gunpwdr on Feb 12, 2006 01:58 PM

they will measure what they're tagged at after a warm wash/soak(cold wont do it). just go crazy with the tape measure around your hips and you'll have your size!

If you measure 32" you might want to go with a 31 so you wont have to use a belt and because they may stretch.

dontcaretoomuchforcrap CANT SKATE!!

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on Feb 12, 2006 at 02:11 PM

Quote:

measure yourself

go with that size

they stretch less than other jeans

unless you're really slim they'll be tight if you go a size down

--- Original message by asfberg on Feb 12, 2006 03:04 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the stretching.

I did measure myself and I'm even more confused. My waist measures 34", but the largest pair of jeans I have is a size 32 (DH 21cm) and the smallest is a 30" (Nudie RRDS). The waist on the DH measures 16.75" laid flat and those ride down to my hips, while my RRDS measure 15.5" laid flat and sit right on my waist nice and snug. I guess I had a big lunch when I measured myself... but it sounds like the SD-103 one-wash in 32 is a safe bet (listed at 30.4" on Bears) if it stretches even the least bit.

gunpwdr, I'm with you -- the "measure yourself" thing really doesn't work.

If I measure where I wear my jeans, it measures almost 36" around. But my Eternals are a size 34, and when I first got them they measured 32" in the waist. And I know they haven't stretched 4 inches.

I ordered a size 34 SD-103, it should be here soon. I'll provide measurements.

Quote:

I'm quite certain that the waist measures very close to tagged size. Bears measure the back of the waistband and multiplies by two, that gives a rather big inaccuracy.

Check out Studio D'Artisan's own measurements http://www.dartisan.co.jp/size.html#SD-103

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Feb 13, 2006 08:14 AM

So... would it be fair to say that the Bears measurements are on the small side?

I'm caught in between a 31 & 32 now... so I'm back to where I started, probably getting a 31 and expecting it to stretch a little and be perfect without a belt.

Quote:
Quote:

I'm quite certain that the waist measures very close to tagged size. Bears measure the back of the waistband and multiplies by two, that gives a rather big inaccuracy.

Check out Studio D'Artisan's own measurements http://www.dartisan.co.jp/size.html#SD-103

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Feb 13, 2006 08:14 AM

So... would it be fair to say that the Bears measurements are on the small side?

I'm caught in between a 31 & 32 now... so I'm back to where I started, probably getting a 31 and expecting it to stretch a little and be perfect without a belt.

--- Original message by gunpwdr on Feb 13, 2006 09:17 AM

Yes, Bears measurements are smaller than what the waist actually measures.

If you measure 32 without pulling the tape measure very hard I think you should definitely go for a 31, otherwise you will need a belt.

dontcaretoomuchforcrap CANT SKATE!!

Quote:

Bears' measurements were actually on the large side, with my ETernal 811.

they say the 34 811 measures to about 84 cm in the waist -- mine was about 81.5 cm.

--- Original message by minya on Feb 13, 2006 09:38 AM

Fun, fun, fun.

Maybe I'll be posting in Supermarket after the jeans show up.

I'm switching gears and getting SD-101's instead, along with a pair of Denime 66Lowrise... I'm pretty sure both in 31". I would order the 811's as well, but I'm almost positive I'd need a 32", which isn't in stock.

Thanks for the sizing help everyone... so tough to nail down.

ok, they're out of the washer

Waist measurement is nearly identical to my Eternal 811; they're about 82 cm / 16" when laid flat, measured, and doubled.

Front rise is 10" measuring from the bottom of the J-stitch

Denim is insanely heavy and starchy. The selvage stripe is all brown now due to the starch leakage icon_smile_sad.gif ah well.

The leather patch is beautiful.