SD-103 - 2 Months - Pics

Geowu

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know what i mean by feel but they're different in a way i wasn't expecting. i know that doesn't help, but maybe this will - my 34's are now 33.5" in the waist after a 2 hr lukewarm soak and drip dry, followed my about a week's worth of wear. they were probably 33" right after drying, so if you were to wash them in hot water you may well get them below 33" in the waist. don't worry about washing them, i don't regret doing it. the leg measures 35" now but feels shorter than other looser jeans with 34" legs (maybe because they're so stovepipey).

Quote:

minya so now you'll have a pair of eternal 811s and sd-103s, just the two i've been trying to decide between.

let me know your valuable opinion! djrajio again?

--- Original message by nairb49 on Jan 30, 2006 05:46 AM

sure thing. They look fairly similar, but that's good. Yep, Rajiv's hooking me up again.

Quote:

minya, when was the last time you were in contact with rajio? I sent him a pm last wednesday but I haven't heard from him yet. Maybe he just hates me.

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Jan 30, 2006 10:37 AM

he was on vacation recently, and he's swamped with work. He just got back this weekend. I'm sure he'll get back to you soon.

think i'm starting to realize the difference in "feeling" is mostly just the shrinkage ... i probably liked them better after the 1st shrinkage (cold spray just to soak them through and a drip dry, minimal shrinking) than the way they are now after the lukewarm bath. somehow even though they have a 35" inseam they seem on the short side because they're stiff and tight. i liked the fit even before i washed them.

that said i still really like them and can see they'll be looking good in a few months.

so minya - try them on when you get them and don't be too hasty to wash them (the crotch is a bit "shallow")

yes I removed the stitching... it's the synthetic version, which I believe is better considering the fade. the weight is not all that noticeable, because they are very compact. still they are quite tough. the waist is low, even for many western jeans.

mass, are the shoes ugly? they're whoop'ee' 9643

Edited by Geowu on Jan 30, 2006 at 09:59 PM

Quote:

yes I removed the stitching... it's the synthetic version, which I believe is better considering the fade. the weight is not all that noticeable, because they are very compact. still they are quite tough. the waist is low, even for many western jeans.

mass, are the shoes ugly? they're whoop'ee' 9643

Edited by Geowu on Jan 30, 2006 at 09:59 PM

--- Original message by Geowu on Jan 30, 2006 09:56 PM

not at all. i was just curious because i thought they looked pretty nice.

My SD 103s didn't shrink much after my cold soak.

I've also washed them once and they haven't shrunk much after the wash either.

I ordered a size 31...normally a size 31 - 32, they started off snug, but loosened up to comfortably snug. They are my favorite jeans thus far. Really like the way the creases form in the front and around the ankles. I think you'll really like them Minya...Don't forget to give us a comparison of fit compared to the Eternals.