Opinions on cuffs from the non denim world

setterman

I've got three pair of jeans I'm currently wearing, two pair of LVC and a pair of Full Counts. All sport a 3" cuff. I've wanted jeans like these for years, and I'm glad to finally have them. I know I'm not the height of fashion (at least in Erie PA), but was dissappointed the other night to a have a friend basically say my cuffs suck and they're part of the reason (along with the rest of my fashion sense) I don't get laid as often as I'd like. My response was, "These are 30s style jeans, their supposed to be worn like this. Fuck you, I'll wear what I like." He said he needed to take me shopping and my response was "I know what to buy to look like a metrosexual douche."

So, anyone else get negative feedback on their cuffs?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chiquita_chaser

In my town people put their jeans into their socks. You know when people on bikes put the right jean leg into the sock to not get oil on them? Here they do it for styles and with both legs.. Anyway, my point is that I look so fucking cool and awesome with my cuffs standing next to these teenage-rip-offs. It's the feeling of being chronically overdressed.

In my town people put their jeans into their socks.

i saw a lot of that amongst hockey players back in high school. add a lacoste pique shirt with collar popped, some hideous diesel kicks and you got yourself a bonafide douche.

must be some weird scandinavian thing.

As somebody who has cuffed for god knows how long. (((How cool am I? (10))) I can easily say that my cuffs have got me laid on many occasions. Hell I wouldn't be with my wife if I didn't wear cuffs. Just a rockabilly thang.

The size of your cuffs is proportional to your testosterone level, just as the size of a taper is inversely proportional to one's testosterone level... More taper = less manly. Also, the amount of time one folds their jeans up (ie double cuff, triple cuff, etc.) it begins to go up by a power ratio. So if you have a double turn up then the masculinity ratio is now raised to the 2nd power, so one really needs to decide, do I want a single 3in cuff or a double 2in cuff. The double 2in is actually better. Also 1in cuffs are not allowed. They look too goofy.

In all honesty, though. I do sometimes get some negative comments about my cuffs. They usually come in the form of passive aggressive tones. Like, "Wow, those are some big cuffs." But these people I couldn't care less about. But if a broad ain't gonna through some of that sweet stuff your way, cuz you got some turn ups, then she probably ain't worth havin.

If you're into the whole denim thing in hopes of meeting a girl, you're hopelessly out of luck. Start explaining selvage to the finer sex, and unless her mother was a seamstress, you'll be able to set your watch by how quickly her eye's glaze over. But it is a bit like all things men of a certain age waist their money and time on — talking about vintage muscle cars or motorcycles won't get you laid, showing up in one will. Basically, the ladies notice your cuffs— leave it at that. Don't use a line like, "These are '30s-style work pants, this is how you should wear 'em." Just wear 'em.

It must be tough for the rural denim head.

On one hand, you get great fades from well.. doing whatever rural folks do. (I'm guessing that's walking.) On the flip side, everyone thinks your a nut. So hey, you win some, you lose some.

Back to topic. Cuffs are awesome and multiply your manliness exponentially.

As somebody who has cuffed for god knows how long. (((How cool am I? (10))) I can easily say that my cuffs have got me laid on many occasions. Hell I wouldn't be with my wife if I didn't wear cuffs. Just a rockabilly thang.

The size of your cuffs is proportional to your testosterone level, just as the size of a taper is inversely proportional to one's testosterone level... More taper = less manly. Also, the amount of time one folds their jeans up (ie double cuff, triple cuff, etc.) it begins to go up by a power ratio. So if you have a double turn up then the masculinity ratio is now raised to the 2nd power, so one really needs to decide, do I want a single 3in cuff or a double 2in cuff. The double 2in is actually better. Also 1in cuffs are not allowed. They look too goofy.

In all honesty, though. I do sometimes get some negative comments about my cuffs. They usually come in the form of passive aggressive tones. Like, "Wow, those are some big cuffs." But these people I couldn't care less about. But if a broad ain't gonna through some of that sweet stuff your way, cuz you got some turn ups, then she probably ain't worth havin.

sometimes I rock some quad 3 inch cuffs, what does this mean to me?

i think a single 1-2 inch cuff is the best. i occasionally get comments about getting jeans that have the right length... my dad said cuffs make ppl look like farmers :(

sometimes I rock some quad 3 inch cuffs, what does this mean to me?

Oh my god... baddest mofo around...

Wait let me get my calculator out... carry the two... divide by Plancks constant raised to (Avogadro's number divided by the molecular weight of indigo). Holy shit dude my calculator just blew up.

your friend is an idiot. Its not your cuffs that are preventing you from poon, its probably your swagger. Maybe you look like a goof wearing the cuffs with the rest of your outfit.

I dunno what type of chicks you go after, but i can almost guarantee most chicks dont think dressing like the 1930's is cool. If you have swag you can overcome that

Guest Ark Sakura

With cuffing, it's really important to have a safe word. Oops, wrong forum. ;)

In all seriousness, to my eye cuffing doesn't look great on tapered jeans (eg 05BSP, 19cm cuts), but with straighter legged selvedge it ranges from pretty cool to amazingly cool. If you can pull off the Wild Ones look, respet to ya.

Greaser is a compliment where I am from.

Flared jeans with triple 3 in cuffs; some next level steeze

i think a single 1-2 inch cuff is the best. i occasionally get comments about getting jeans that have the right length... my dad said cuffs make ppl look like farmers :(

My room mate gave me the farmer comments as well, haha.

Oh my god... baddest mofo around...

Wait let me get my calculator out... carry the two... divide by Plancks constant raised to (Avogadro's number divided by the molecular weight of indigo). Holy shit dude my calculator just blew up.

:cool:

^wait wait wait.... that means only a 26 inch inseam assuming 34 inch overall length. Either you wear them short (way cool) or you are a dwarf (not so cool).

Im no dwarf I just wanted to rock some high cuffs and branesload posted a fit with the same so I figured id try it out, dunno how it looks to other people but I like it, and feels great on the ankles mayne

I've gotten the "you look like a farmer" comment too, from none other than my dear old mother. Which made me think "So, did you and dad look like farmers in the late 50s when you were cuffng your jeans?"

I don't expect my jeans to get me laid. Only thing I expect out of them (beyond making me happy) is to project the message to the rest of the world that "this guy is into the 50s".

I guess I started this thread because I'm dissappointed that in my neck of the woods personal style is either unrecognized, unappreciated, or even looked at as a negative. And I'm betting in a more metro setting, someone with greased hair and clothes that look like they came from the 50s/BiG/Selfedge blends right in with all the other styles.

Flared jeans with triple 3 in cuffs; some next level steeze

Actually I should correct myself. Any deviation from a straight leg jean (flare, taper, etc) inversely affects masculinity. In the above example, the flare might actually cancel all the coolness generated by the cuffs.

Also, people should look for my forthcoming book, "The mathematics and science of masculinity and coolness." I have my masters in coolness and I am hoping to get my PhD, in masculinity. One chapter is completely dedicated to the laws of cuffing, with some focus on the "high-water effect." Very interesting stuff that Newton had started, Einstein continued, and I plan on nailing out the final details so I can close the book on this once and for all.

String theory? Fuck your strings, catch a rope effect.

But really, the only comments from my friends I get are about how they can tell it's me coming down the steps because of my boots + cuffs.

You really do need cuffs if you're going to be riding motorcycles and don't want to look like a dork ass with your socks showing.

Also, people should look for my forthcoming book, "The mathematics and science of masculinity and coolness." I have my masters in coolness and I am hoping to get my PhD, in masculinity. One chapter is completely dedicated to the laws of cuffing, with some focus on the "high-water effect." Very interesting stuff that Newton had started, Einstein continued, and I plan on nailing out the final details so I can close the book on this once and for all.

Lol, I want a signed copy of that shit