Near Death Experiences

i was driving back from albany with my ex girlfriend back from her grandmothers house, weather was miserable, rain was coming down in sheets and we were going around 65 mph around a corner. then a tree falls right in the middle of the fucking road as we start turning, and i hit the breaks as hard as i could, still hit the tree. i guess cause of the rain plus the speed it was able to break the tree but it fucked up my front end a bit, scared the shit out of me.

only real near death experience i've ever had.

i was driving with some friends high and drunk the other night to go get food. needless to say i was starving so i blew threw a stop sign and the car coming through the intersection missed me by a foot. scared the shit out of me and made my heart stop for a sec. i was probably going a lot slower and it was most likely a lot less near death in real life but goddamn it was intense. drugs fuck witchu.

ran out of air once while self-contained underwater breathing aparatus diving. my first stage had a leaky o ring. but it was really my own damn fault for not keeping a good enough eye on my computer. stupidity. but my buddy was close by so no big deal (always dive with a buddy, kids).

that's about as close as i've gotten.

A close friend of mine got knocked up pretty bad recently in a car accident.

Tell me about your near death experiences.

I too know someone who was recently in a terrible car accident. There was internal bleeding. He said the pain made him want to die and was unbearable. Luckily that person is alive today.

hey i think death is trying to tell you something!

when I was like 2, a car crashed into my sister's room while I was on the couch against the wall

when I was like 4, car crashed into my g-ma's living room while I was on the couch adjacent to the wall

when I was like 8, a car crashed into my sister's room again but I wasn't there

fuck driving

Driving on 280 north, dark and rainy night, doing about 80 for some stupid reason. Suddenly 3 cars appear on the road, no lights, just sitting there. I swerved so hard I have no idea how I didn't lose control.

Biking no handed I stupidly make a left turn without checking to see if there was a car next to me. Missed it by inches and it never even slowed or honked. I honestly think it never saw me. I was hauling too - the car must've been doing over 35.

when I was in like 5th grade there was this really steep hill I was finally brave enough to skate down, except there was a speedbump at the bottom I was still too scared to go over. So I would take a hard right. Thing is, you couldn't see that street until you had already turned. I'm going scary fast on my board I turn and nearly graze a car going maybe 30ish. I probably would'nt have died but I remember the womans face still.

I think I've posted this before but the scariest thing to ever happen to me was

I was driving home from school about a year ago and it was raining like crazy of course. I was in the right lane but I couldn't get over because there was a semi to my left. Well someone cut in front of me too quick for me to think it through and instead of braking I slammed the gas and tried to get in front of the semi. I feel a bump across the left side of my car and I remember thinking FUUUUCK I hit someone and before I can look back I had spun sideways so that I was now facing backwards on the freeway. Luckily I was going fast enough that when I hit the semi I continued left while backwards until I hit the median. I have a picture in my head of the people in the cars coming at me but I don't think I actually even saw them...shit was so quick.

It was so quiet too, my music had just stopped and then when I hit the median all my windows shattered and I could hear the rain and all the cars going by. Still creeps me out thinking about it.

Went skiing for the first time when I was 15. The second day we were there my ski got stuck on something and flung me in the air. I did a few flips in the air, landed, rolled down the slope, went through a barracade, and ended with my body partly over a cliff facing down the side of a mountain. People were screaming and running to come get me. Luckily I was fine (just scared shitless). Haven't been skiing since.

for a friend's bday we went to some city to some restaurant/bar to celebrate. on the way back home, instead of catching a ride back with the one who drove me there-- i got swapped into another friend's car. i forget why but main point is

i told her that was our exit

she didn't hear me and was going to miss it

my stupid ass told her again and she hears it but had passed the point where you exit

she decides to go for it anyways and jerks the car in

at like 75ish mph the car goes into a tailspin

and when she finally got it to stop we were right in front of one of those sign poles.

funny part was she told me she has incredible luck when it comes to driving and she is more careful when there are others in the car.

once again, fuck driving

I wasn't going to die, but this shit made me scared of knives forever

when I was like 5.5, I was at the grandparent's house chillin fucking around. I ended up finding a huge switchblade that was my gpa's. me and my bro fought over the knife (@ this time he was about 3.2). so we end up in the backyard by the huge koi pond, in between this huge gate with the ferocious dog. so anyways, I had the knife, and was running around the koi pond with my bro chasing. I opened the switch blade and then the dog scared the shit outa me and I tossed it high in the air. I tried to catch the knife and I don't remember if I actually caught it or not, but I ended up with a huge cut/gash on my hand, and I was bleeding like.... splurtting blood everywhere. so anyways I didn't really freak out right away. I actually just was hella scared of getting in trouble for playing with a knife, but I showed my gma after like 2 mins and she was like, "lol dumbass" and then she took me inside to the bathroom and put some brown powder Chinese medicine crap on my hand and bandaged it. all I remember is waking up at my house with the bandaid off, and my hand was completely healed

word up to the local Chinese herb apothecary

whitney.. if you dont mind me asking.. how did you deal with the cancer thing? did you think it was all going to be ok or tailspin?

no i don't mind! after the doc told me i had cancer i pretty much stopped thinking. everything the doc told me to do i did, i literally put my life in his hands. my mom would visit me everyday and stay with me at nights when she could. i remember being frustrated and mad all the time like why me..until i saw babies and toddlers with cancer and kids younger then my then seventeen self walking around with a SMILE on their face. a fucking smile. at that point at least i had lived a little and done my fair share of hell raising but man, they were younger then me and i was the one brawling my eyes out.

on a funnier note, i had a wonderful male nurse that told me to stick my chest out to relieve the pressure the needle..in my chest..feeding drugs into my system..cos if not the needle would pop out and stabbing that shit back in without elma cream..well i guess thats how vampires feel right before they're made dust.

Driving on 280 north, dark and rainy night, doing about 80 for some stupid reason. Suddenly 3 cars appear on the road, no lights, just sitting there. I swerved so hard I have no idea how I didn't lose control.

it freaks me out driving 280 to sf and back because i fear for deer jumping infront of my car. they say the best way to handle that is to just hit the fucker

Deer are plentiful in the area of the country I grew up in. Once my uncle hit one while we were driving, and it lodged itself into the windshield when it went through. We had to drive into town with it still half spilling into the cab. I still remember brushing glass out of my hair when I got home.

I've had 2 near death experiences at traffic lights.

First time, I was at a traffic light that was a yield. It was during the night, probably around 7-8ish. The light then turns green. I was almost towards the middle of the intersection about to make a left waiting for another car to go straight. Then outta nowhere, this car runs a red light about half way in the intersection. The car then realizes and breaks hard and comes to a complete stop. If I was at the middle of the intersection, I would've got hit on my side. The car that was going straight was also lucky. If it approached the middle of the intersection at the same time the other car ran the light, that car would've been hit on the passenger side and it would've most likely hit me as well.

Second time was just recently during the day. I had just picked up my sister and friend from the airport. I got off our exit and was the first to wait at the light. The light then turns green. As I was about to go, I see this car at the corner of my eye that just kept going and didn't stop. If I didn't look, I would've got hit on my side, again. Thank god for peripheral vision.

Both experiences still freak me out till this day. Since then, I've been more cautious around my surroundings, not that I wasn't before the experiences. Espcially at traffic lights.

same shit happened to me, except it was like 2am. it's green, and seemingly no car in sight so i pass through the intersection, out of nowhere a car runs the red and flies at me, i hit the gas and it barely misses the car. shit was fucked.

i think i was maybe 4.5/5 yo

was in queensland for a holiday

dad takes me to walk along the beach. cant remember how i got in there, but i made it into the water

nearly drown until my dad drags me back out

also this one isnt a near-death experience, more a near-blind-in-one-eye experience:

when i was 14/15 my friend had a BB gun that looked like a 9mm. this thing fucking hurt, even plastic BB's broke the skin and made you bleed. right, so i take out the cartridge of BB's thinking its empty, and i shoot the trigger just fuckign around like a few times. of course nothing comes out cos theres no BB's.

so i point the gun straight into that gap between your eyes, like as a test of courage. cant bring myself to pull the trigger, so i aim it away from me and shoot it thinking nothing gonna come out anyway. BAM a fucking BB comes flying out bouncing off the fuckign wall. somehow a BB got stuck in the chamber or something.

if i had shot that thing into my face that BB would almost certainly destroyed one of my eyes =[

my friend was sorta buzzed (okay probably really buzzed) driving 4 of us in a full car, he was speeding and i had a bad feeling about things by the way he was driving as the weather conditions were also slippery/wet.

a tire popped when he tried to do pass a car and the car spun out like crazy .. felt like a movie, did a 360. saw traffic coming in our lane. a fucking tractor trailer had to drive around us as well as other traffic.. never felt so lucky

certainly made me more appreciative of life and my limbs

i think i was maybe 4.5/5 yo

was in queensland for a holiday

dad takes me to walk along the beach. cant remember how i got in there, but i made it into the water

nearly drown until my dad drags me back out

also this one isnt a near-death experience, more a near-blind-in-one-eye experience:

when i was 14/15 my friend had a BB gun that looked like a 9mm. this thing fucking hurt, even plastic BB's broke the skin and made you bleed. right, so i take out the cartridge of BB's thinking its empty, and i shoot the trigger just fuckign around like a few times. of course nothing comes out cos theres no BB's.

so i point the gun straight into that gap between your eyes, like as a test of courage. cant bring myself to pull the trigger, so i aim it away from me and shoot it thinking nothing gonna come out anyway. BAM a fucking BB comes flying out bouncing off the fuckign wall. somehow a BB got stuck in the chamber or something.

if i had shot that thing into my face that BB would almost certainly destroyed one of my eyes =[

Wow, i also have an "almost-blind-in-one-eye" experience.

I was about 4 years old, running around the house with my sister playing tag or some shit. As i was coming down the a small set of stairs (2 or 3 steps) i tripped and fell towards a shoe rack. For some reason this shit was set up upside down and had a pointy motherfucking stick coming vertically upright out of it (about 5 or so centimeters if i remember correctly).

The stick went precisely between my eyeball and under my eyelid. To this day i have no fucking idea how i didn't completely impale my eyeball, or completely stab the inside of my head... Shit was fucking lucky (didnt even have to go to hospital).

There's a photo of me in the photo album with a severely fucked up left eye, a milo, and a confused smile on my face (taken a few hours after the incident).

I was 13 and was crossing the street when suddenly a scrambler hit me and flunk me onto the cross junction. A car crossing the junction screeched and braked like just inches away from my head. I nearly ended my life journey there if he didnt brake fast enough. Well the sad part is, the driver of the car came out to check on his vehicle instead of me and the scrambler guy stared at me angrily and drove off. I stood up and checked myself into a hospital for a dislocated shoulder. Fuck humanity....thats the ugly side of humans.

recently i was at a party and this girl was smashed on E and Coke, drinking, smoking, partying. I later find out the dude who's house it was just got her pregnant and she was wearing goth ninja like clothing to hide it (4 months in). Super fucking depressing. made me want to kill myself sad... so does that count? the kid is almost dying... bumms me out hardest core.

Crack baby pooky concept.

In 10th grade I caught meningitis. I'm lucky that my dad is a doctor as the early symptoms are fairly similar to a strong flu. I arrived at the hospital with maybe an hour left to live. I was so weak that I didn't even notice them extracting spinal fluid with the biggest needle ever. After a month in the hospital, my body had deteriorated to the point where I literally couldn't walk. Took me almost a year to somewhat recover physically, though I've never actually been as fit again as I was before.

Also, driving from Vienna to Graz in a snowstorm. I was riding shotgun, two girls were in the back. They and I were pretty drunk, the driver was completely sober. Some more friends were in another car, and they were about five minutes ahead of us. We get onto a highway right before the snow removing truck, and my idiot friend thinks that this is an opportunity to catch up with the other car. He's driving 130km/h, and we could see maybe 10 meters ahead. Suddenly the car starts spinning, he overcorrects in the other direction, we drive into a ditch, still going with quite some speed, suddenly we see a metal pole in front of us. It's literally coming right at me. He pulls perhaps the most impressive driving manoeuvre I've ever seen, somehow dodges the pole, and brings the car to a halt.

n670755556_483707_9774.jpg