yet another bbc thread.. anyone seen ther stuff in the streets yet ? didnt they hav premier in nyc ?

ndnyc718

• 2 weeks later...

"Pharrel and Nigo should be ashamed of themselves, bringing "streetwear" to this level...it's an embarrasement to the rest of the industry..."

You can't be serious can you? As much as I don't like the clothes, I think this kind of statement is just silly. What exactly should they be ashamed of (aside from making crappy clothes tsk,tsk)? Building and running a successful enterprise? Hell, it's a business after all isn't it? You make it sound like they have commited some kind of sin against the great religion (oops, I mean industry) "streetwear". Remember it's all an image that YOU are being sold, every brand does this. The difference between this one and all the others is that it's too mainstream and therefore BUYING and wearing this stuff won't make you feel "special".icon_smile_shock.gif

I feel you marksound. You know how much of the "streetwear" that's coming out now doesn't look anything special, but they're making mad money off of it. I don't like the SCarters or the GUnit sneaks either, but I'm not mad at them. It's strictly business baby. And if some chump wants to drop a couple bills on these ice cream sneaks, let 'em.

You had to know these sneaks would look off the wall anyway, look at Pharrell's style. I'm not hatin', I'm just not paying to dress like him.

Mecca72, and I'm out... icon_smile_blackeye.gif

marksound, i understand what you're saying...

all i'm saying is that you have to respect what you're part of...the same way visual artists have to respect the history in what they do, and the same way hip hop artists have to respect the culture and music that came before them...you have to pay homage respect to the game...i understand cats wanna get over, but if the culure means as much to them as they say it does, they wouldn't bastardize it...you're always gonna have those that wanna blow up and make a buck...and even though Nigo started out almost exploiting the concept of "hype"...i expected a bit more from him...

don't hate the player, hate the game??...sorry, in this particular case i gotta hate the

player(s)...

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen the line and it makes me wonder...

So much much talent and money and this is the best you can do?

Basically those dudes put no time and effort into the project. I was told that Skatething, the graphic artist for BAPE, was rushed to do the ice cream and bbc logos in less than an hour. It takes weeks to develop logos.

The end product should equate to the dedication put into it...

FETT OUT

SHIT IS WACK