canada :: vancouver :: general

effohbeee

a day stroll around gastown/ robson street will be pretty fun.. check out richard kidd, livestock, goodfoot while ur there since those ar teh 3 shops that have all the hype

I can't believe you actually left out Komakino and Dutil (and Obakki)... oh, man.

With that said, check out Gastown it's a nice place to see and there's a bunch of stores (Richard Kidd, Komakino, Goodfoot, Livestock, Obakki, Dutil, and some others).

After that head back up to Waterfront Station and visit Leone on corner of Howe and Hastings (Dior, Prada, Margiela, Kris van Assche, etc.). Then you can visit Holt Renfrew (kind of like Nordstorm or Barneys, although worse selection of brands, not sufu style apart from Dior and Filippa K).

Then I would check out Vancouver Art Gallery, if you're into that. Visit Kartel on Robson, or not... it's not that great of a spot, but they have some interesting Chucks, Nikes + hypebeast clothing.

If you prefer to shop a bit more head over to Main St & Broadway and visit Jonathan + Olivia, Lark, and north of Broadway there's a sneaker store on left-hand side (mostly Vans), don't remember the name but it's pretty cool. Then you can take a bus about 10 blocks down (south) the Main St and visit Eugene Choo and a couple of other stores.

If you prefer to just see Vancouver on the other hand, then go through Robson or Davie St towards the other side of Downtown and check out beach and take a stroll through Stanley Park. Or you could go and check out Granville Island instead... always fun.

If you do a google search for the places I mentioned you'll easily find where they are, so I didn't bother including address for any of them.

oh don't forget to hitup sophia's books, it's on hastings (and richards if i remember). they have a lot of japanese magazines there ie. non-no, smart, tattoo mags, etc. but in general it's just an awesome store and the people there are really nice and speak a million languages.

no seriously, you're a fucking douchebag

people like you make me want to leave this city

dick

I'm trying to desperately figure out what your problem is... I just pointed out it's "Monet to Dali", because "Money to Dali" would suggest quite a different exhibition.

As to my other comment, Komakino is pretty much the best and most innovative store in Vancouver. If you're going to mention an overpriced Richard Kidd then you should mention Komakino.

I don't see what your fucking problem is. I wasn't even being rude to either of them... geez.

But I guess offering the most info of everyone in this thread counts as being a dick.

Antisocial?

Yup. Thanks, always forget...

I've heard some good things about Moda from my friends, plus it's like 3x cheaper than Opus... I never really saw the appeal of expensive hotels, unless somebody else is paying for it.

Money can be spent much better on other stuff.

Then again it's hard to advise on hotels in your own city since you don't really use them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys, I'm going to Vancouver this Saturday for one day, and I'm looking to do/find the following:

- shoes / boots (think leather, oxfords, brogues)

- denim (anything japanese, and definitely want to try on some new cures if possible)

- high sufu fashion in general (guy below has suggested richard kidd and komakino)

thanks for any help you guys can provide, i'm hoping to maximize my time to get the most out of the day

- shoes / boots (think leather, oxfords, brogues)

Holt Renfrew, Leone, Fluevog, Gravity Pope... that's the places that have fairly nice stuff. I prefer Holts since they have N.D.C., Dior, Paul Smith, etc.

- denim (anything japanese, and definitely want to try on some new cures if possible)

For japanese denim you should check out Dutil Denim in gastown (I think they have APC, but I'm not sure), Eugene Choo on Main St. also has APC

- high sufu fashion in general (guy below has suggested richard kidd and komakino)

Richard Kidd (overpriced, but on sale now) and Komakino as suggested before, also Holt Renfrew and Leone

Also I would definitely recommend you to check out Jonathan + Olivia on Main St, it's one of the best stores in Vancouver. They carry Acne, Umbro by Kim Jones, Surface 2 Air, Filippa K, and other nice brands.

All stores are on sale currently, with most being around 30-60%, J+O only at 10-30%, and Komakino 20% or 35% with some stuff not being on sale and older collections being 50-60% off.

wow, thanks for all the help, will richard kidd and the other places you mentioned still be on sale this weekend when i'm there?

Richard Kidd should definitely be on sale, Komakino too, J+O too. Holt Renfrew and Leone will be on sale, but they've got pretty low stock... well, that applies to HR mostly, Leone still has a bunch of cool stuff (Dior, Margiela, KVA, and some shoes).

The only problem that you could encounter is that Komakino is moving sometime this month and I have no idea when, although I've heard something like July 17th, so (hopefully) you should be fine.

I dropped by Komakino yesterday and the sale is still on. The guy didn't give me an actual date for the new store, but he did say that it would be this month and that it would have some windows - it was stinking hot downstairs there in the red room.

Also, Livestock is having a warehouse sale this weekend. You can see the info here.

Hi ppl,

I've just moved from Cali to Vancounver 5days ago. I used to wear size 38 ,but i've lost so much weights and now i'm 33. I need to size down my jeans and having trouble looking for an alternation shop in Vancouver, BC. Please spot me with nice one. Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...

I've had bad experiences at JD's, but I think that barber is now gone. There's a girl that works there with a tat on her arm.. holy jesus am I in love or what. I get my hair cut every week just so I can talk to her for 20 minues. Sounds pathetic, but she has me all :eek: :rolleyes: