canada :: vancouver :: general

effohbeee

Well, last time I went there the F/W stuff was 50% off.

Seriously? Shit... their stuff is really nice but damn expensive. Do they have sale info on their website? I might head up next time there's a sale. Also, don't go there unless you have (at least) 4-500 to blow.

Ok, let's see, we've got a Vancouver shop list thread somewhere...

Here goes: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=10100

Also, definitely recommend Komakino -- F/W 06/07 stuff is on sale for 50% off, previous seasons are 60-70% off. It's an expensive store, but they have fair prices compared to most of the other stores in Vancouver which madly mark-up their stuff (compared to US, even taking inflated exchange rate into account).

Also, I would recommend visiting Dutil if you're in the market for jeans (please don't get Diesels).

^I was there today, they have James the third and Sally Crate jeans on sale. 78 for the James and 90 for the Sally's. Unfortunately, I just can't fit into those.

On a side note, a little off topic, can anyone refer me to a good tailor for denim?

Thanks.

Rob at dutil told me to try Alberts Tailor, Suite 1 - 712 Robson St. 604-683-2890

Also, I would recommend visiting Dutil if you're in the market for jeans (please don't get Diesels).

I agree. Rob is great. I don't know of anywhere else in Vancouver that you can get Sugar Canes - NOTE: he says that he is getting some 1947s in with tabs and arcuates intact in the next few weeks - it will be interesting to see if that is the case.

I agree. Rob is great. I don't know of anywhere else in Vancouver that you can get Sugar Canes - NOTE: he says that he is getting some 1947s in with tabs and arcuates intact in the next few weeks - it will be interesting to see if that is the case.

wow they actually have canes?

never been there but thats really cool, I thought no store in vancouver actually sold any japanese denims. do they carry any other denim brands that are discussed here in detail besides sugar cane?

i have to check out their store sometime now, before i thought they only carried brands like tr and diesel there..

never been there but thats really cool, I thought no store in vancouver actually sold any japanese denims. do they carry any other denim brands that are discussed here in detail besides sugar cane?

i have to check out their store sometime now, before i thought they only carried brands like tr and diesel there..

Haha, I don't think they ever had Diesel and TR...

In any case, I think they've got some other japanese brands, but I can't really remember which ones—been a long time since I've been there and they change the line-up quite often. Meh, just go check it out... it's definitely a cool place, though I have to say stuff is overpriced.

Btw Goodfoot seems to have a fairly nice selection of W+H hoodies these days, so if anyone is looking for one—go check it out, also decently priced at $160.

I just got an email from Rob and he says that he just spoke to Sugar Cane and everything is being shipped - everything being unwashed 1947s, unwashed 1955s, and more Okinawa's - should be arriving soon.

I have never seen Diesels or TR there - they carry Imperials, APC, Sugar Cane... stuff like that. I actually picked up some Hiro Itos on sale for fun (just for something a bit different).

I just got an email from Rob and he says that he just spoke to Sugar Cane and everything is being shipped - everything being unwashed 1947s, unwashed 1955s, and more Okinawa's - should be arriving soon.

I have never seen Diesels or TR there - they carry Imperials, APC, Sugar Cane... stuff like that. I actually picked up some Hiro Itos on sale for fun (just for something a bit different).

cool I need to go there sometime now. Ive been wanting to get some Okinawas .

Haha, I don't think they ever had Diesel and TR...

In any case, I think they've got some other japanese brands, but I can't really remember which ones—been a long time since I've been there and they change the line-up quite often. Meh, just go check it out... it's definitely a cool place, though I have to say stuff is overpriced.

Btw Goodfoot seems to have a fairly nice selection of W+H hoodies these days, so if anyone is looking for one—go check it out, also decently priced at $160.

Where is this store? The one that sells japanese denim.

thx

Rob said (in an email) that the Okinawa's unwashed and the 1947's will be about $268 -$298 CDN and that his Levi's 1947 deadstock were about the same. BiG has one wash Okis for $295 USD, so it sounds pretty good. One good thing is that you can actually go in and try them on (if you are here in YVR) - not to mention no shipping. I would recommend at least dropping by to check the place out sometime. The other thing is that he was lead to believe (by Sugar Cane) that he was getting his 1947s with arcuates and tabs intact, which you can't say for SF or BiG.

I am not sure what the cost would be if one were to go after these from 2000db - you would have to PM him to find out. I know I ended up getting 40400Ns through 2000 because they couldn't get them here. Hope this helps.

Rob said (in an email) that the Okinawa's unwashed and the 1947's will be about $268 -$298 CDN and that his Levi's 1947 deadstock were about the same. BiG has one wash Okis for $295 USD, so it sounds pretty good.

sounds great, really fair prices. i will go there to buy some canes in the future if they sell them for those prices.

Rob at dutil told me to try Alberts Tailor, Suite 1 - 712 Robson St. 604-683-2890

Thanks gannonyu.

I noticed Heaven's Playground was mentioned in the original post, I get the impression that their items tend to be overpriced after talking to a few people. I also heard the denim is not that great. What does everyone think?