canada :: vancouver :: general

effohbeee

• 2 weeks later...

hey all,

Thanks for the tips. I ended up at templeton and sandai. I went to cactus club for dinner one night (food was pretty good but crowd was pretty douche-baggy) - I had a lot less time to do personal stuff and ended up doing more work related things. Hopefully I can make it back soon.

Lata gatas,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

w 4th is gay. connies and wins ftw. everything else gets the gasface. maybe hells kitchen on a good night. stay downtown. kits aint worth nothing til the summer hits. broadway for bc suchi, nothing else.

wheres the absolute pinnacle of fresh sushi in this town? everywhere i hit is just as useless as ontario sushi. if your on the coast you have to capitalize, i cant settle for frozen tuna. wheres the real shit at?

w 4th is gay. connies and wins ftw. everything else gets the gasface. maybe hells kitchen on a good night. stay downtown. kits aint worth nothing til the summer hits. broadway for bc suchi, nothing else.

wheres the absolute pinnacle of fresh sushi in this town? everywhere i hit is just as useless as ontario sushi. if your on the coast you have to capitalize, i cant settle for frozen tuna. wheres the real shit at?

If you want something real trek over to ajisai in kerrisdale... well worth it

ive driven down commerical twice, im sure im missing something, but i dont see what the hype is abotu that neighborhood. pretty removed, and it didnt look like much was going on.

broadway is impossible to know whats good, i went for pho yesterday around broadway/cambie, it was good. ill keep hacking away at it i guess.

some might not agree, but i love havana on commercial drive in the summer.

off-topic but does anyone carry BoO shirts in van?

holt renfrew carry b.o.o. but didn't see any there on the weekend, maybe s/s hasn't come in yet? their current stock was super shitty.

• 2 weeks later...
ive driven down commerical twice, im sure im missing something, but i dont see what the hype is abotu that neighborhood. pretty removed, and it didnt look like much was going on.

broadway is impossible to know whats good, i went for pho yesterday around broadway/cambie, it was good. ill keep hacking away at it i guess.

Naw, that's just Commercial.. about as wack as Yaletown in a totally different way. Lots of cafes/hippies/flakes/punx/people with bongos, not much of interest. All the worst meals I've had in Van have been there. The summer Farmers Market is killer, but otherwise I rarely have a reason to be there.

Broadway – Saravanaa Bhavan is really good. Tojo's is supposed to be great but I've never made it down there. Fuloi was very disappointing. For sushi, Minato, Shin Ju and Tomokazu are all okay but nothing special. Habibi's used to be good but the menu was completely revamped when they reopened so I don't know..

• 1 month later...