canada :: vancouver :: general

effohbeee

• 4 weeks later...

komakino moved a few stores down. look for the shop with LARGE white brand names like "ann demeulemeester, rick owens, raf simons" etc painted on the window. i meet campbell and graham (both very cool guys), and was helping them move merchandise/boxes/furniture. the new place looks awesome...everything is in black and white.

btw, campbell has plans to open another Komakino in Berlin this coming Jan.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest sousvide
Which Chinatown has better food: downtown or Richmond?

I'd say richmond probably has better food, But I'm a noob when it comes to richmond, hopefully someone can fill us in.

Chinatown, I'd definetely check out Phnom Pehn on E.Georgia, Best cambodian food around, also has vietnamese dishes. Also the boss bakery is pretty good (clean) on main st. Other than that I wouldn't recommend much, there's a good chinese grocery store on Gore and Powell. And a couple dim sum places, but I wouldn't recommend.

• 8 months later...
Also, going back to Dutil, I dont know what it's like now, but I was there about a month ago and it was ALL junk. They've sold out to mainstream. All they had was R&R's and True Religion jeans. Nothing good anymore. Maybe some Fall shipments came in though.

nup doesnt seem like they've gotten anything new in a while...

Anyone know places which stock suits in 34?

I had a hugo boss jam (modern two button slim-cut ) on hold at harry rosen during the sale, but someone sold it and now i am left with paying full price ($1100) for a similar suit from the toronto location

ive been searching everywhere and it seems impossible to find a suit in my size

should i just go to modernize tailors and get a custom suit made?

should i suck it up and just buy the suit from harry rosen?

any other ideas?

My price point is around $1500 including shirt/tie/shoes

thanks charles, i just called the shop and voicemessage told me the new location.i like the new location in chinatown district,the sign outside advertising the labels cracks me up, very dope. i think it met jonathan a the shop,very cool dude. i was very tempted to get the small julius bag..=\

special thanks to the canadiens that introduced me to some spots to check. wish i had more time! maybe next time ill try to come for the winter olympics.! thanks

Komakino is here:

komakino6sufu.jpg

(this is an edited photo of the actual front door)

I just got back from the Fringe circuit in Victoria, but I don't think we should be closed today... haven't been able to contact Jon via txt though.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am heading to Vancouver for work-related things next week. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good bars/pubs downtown? I am staying at the pan pacific and generally will have to wake up early-ish so if someone could suggest some places in that area it would be great.

cheers.

Burgers and great fries and $10.00 pitchers Tuesday/Thursday at The Templeton (1087 Granville Street)

Nachos at The Foundation (try the Bohemian Lager) (2301 Main Street)

Sandwiches and etc at So.Cial (332 Water Street)

Everything in that area is pretty tourist-y. Dunno about bars but for lunch/dinner, there's decent ramen at Sendai (Hastings & Seymour), killer Lebanese food at Nuba (Hastings & Hamilton), and mediocre-to-decent sushi absolutely everywhere.

If you want to venture further away from the waterfront (but still downtown) I could give some more suggestions.