Caught a shoplifter...persue it?

Orion

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a response back! Too good.

shoplifter-pt2.jpg

She's sorta right and you're being an ass. You should say you're sorry and wish her luck. Heroin's no joke son.

Orion got shit jacked but you just wanted to harass someone cuz it's the internet and it's funny.

I don't want her thinking it's me contacting her. I haven't talked to her or sent any messages, just letting the police do their thing. Please make sure you let her know that if you reply. Better yet, I'd rather people not contact her. If she wants to come apologize to me that's fine, but I'm not into people harassing her...

Xchen is my new hero.

Stealing is wrong and stupid and fucking shitty, BUT! since polo got brought in the picture, your not a real LO head if you purchused any of it... ya had to steal it to be a real LO LIFE.... not just my OP, its part of the whole love of lo thing... thurstan howl and all those cats... nuts. also kinda where street wear in its current form came from, but whatever, thats whole other thread now.

fuck this ho. she should do time... probobly oxy's though.... that would be my guess.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife just caught this dork in ed Hardy jeans trying to lift a tee. He took it behind a rack, folded it up and stuffed it up his shirt, and she was standing next to him. She's like, "Really? I'm standing right here kid" and he gets all spooked and says, "nah, I'm just holding it here, I was gonna pay for it". She tells him he's full of shit and that he's really bad at trying to steal, and then we kick them out (him + 3 friends). I was dying...so funny...

• 2 months later...

Some dude just lifted some Naked and Famous jeans...grrrr. He had them on under his others and ran out the door across the parking lot. I chased that motherfucker full speed but his boy already had the car running. I don't think he expected me to come after him and he was tripping when he saw me running. I don't think they're coming back... Fuck though...I wouldda beat his ass.

Nah, it's actually the other way around. If you detain them while in the store, they technically haven't "stolen" anything. When they leave, and you know 100% for sure they have something, you can escalate to whatever level you feel is necessary to get the item back or protect yourself. In the retailer's favor once they step outside.

Nah, we don't actually get all that many, I just post 'em here when something interesting happens. I've worked at other stores where it was a daily hassle, for me, it's every couple months some shit goes down. I'm trying to make it so word spreads it's not easy to lift from us, but I know it's gonna happen from time to time. Most shoplifters in our area are just so bad at it...

So this is a first. One of the guys that was with the kid that stole the jeans just came in and apologized. Said his friend won't shut up about how bad he feels and he wants to bring the jeans back, he's just really embarrassed. Told him to have the guy come in and I'd be cool to him. We'll see what happens...hopefully he does the right thing.

the most i ever shoplifted was a chocolate bar when i was 11 and i felt bad about it couldn't keep a straight face, and haven't stolen anything at all since i got caught breaking and entering at 13.

however all through high school i was friends with a group of guys who all stole stuff to varying degrees, there was one who was so innocent looking and knew how to talk to store owners that he would ask what jeans you wanted and then get them in your size for a small fee, he also stole pairs of shoes i still don't know how.

another friend looked dodgy and as i didn't and liked talking to people i would get in a conversation with someone behind a counter and when we left the shop he would show me all the spoils, i never knew what he was up to until after as i would have given the game away.

i have known other professional shoplifters usually to fund drug issues, these guys and the guys i knew at school were mostly proud of what they did worked hard thinking of new ways to get goods and get away with it, and fully prepared to face up to being caught and facing charges, i guess it is an occupational hazard.

in a few shops where i live (in rougher places). when people walk in the shop, the assistant takes all the customers shopping bags, and belongings from them, puts them in a basket, and then puts them all in a safe place behind the till. when the customer has finished doing their shopping, they get their bags etc back......this way people wont steal stuff, because they would leave their belongings behind. also, if peoples come in with no belongings or bags......its probably best to keep an eye on them......

i detest thiefs......i think they deserve everything they get......they know stealing is wrong, if they get hurt in the process, so be it...maybe next time they will think twice about stealing stuff.