Introducing Tellason Denim

M.O.A

from my instagram:

in January, old friend mr john james  came into BlackBlue to announce he was getting married and having a kid. sometimes it's many years between visits and knowing the rigors of his train riding, odd-job, guitar playin' lifestyle, I gave him the best wedding/dad gift I could imagine --a pair of 16.5oz tellason Sheffield jeans. there was a condition: he had to come back with the kid, wife and jeans. here is the complete set with a new pair just to compare. he now works demolition in new orleans so he washes them frequently. they have "only ridden trains once".

FC7F0A6C-0287-41C7-BD7E-82BE729733D4-170

2920ED01-8C72-409B-84B9-147474BEA4BB-170

F0FD0DF8-3660-4BA9-A628-648242F055BA-170

• 4 months later...

Cool, the fit looks great. I'm a 30 as well. I was told by them to go TTS, that the specs are the same as the tag size give or take .5", but after seeing your pictures id be almost tempted to size up. Good grab on your first pair, enjoy.

I also snagged the coverall chore coat in 16.5 oz off a fluke before it hit stores or was up on their website. It's on their site now and it's beautiful. It's served well as a winter jacket so far for this unusually cold ass season.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

my tellasons gustave 12,5 oz. i wore these for 3,5 months. washed once, soaked twice.

first small holes in the crotch-area appeared already after two months and i reinforced the whole area pre-emptively.

LfV8uuc.jpgMAT20Bt.jpg

SBjFZnJ.jpg

Looks like a nice hand darn! I recently did my I+W Cone denim as well. After one year with no soaks or washes, they were getting a little thin in the crotch area as well.

thanks! it really took some time but it was worth it. i always wonder why some people wait so long before repairing and end with such horrible crotch blowouts.

Edited by tsi

this was my first pair and they were on sale, so i went with them.

in hindsight i think this was a bad decision. the 12,5 oz denim takes forever to fade/fades more like black denim, no electric blue for me. 

they will probably look amazing with some more wear and washes. 

Edited by tsi

thanks! it really took some time but it was worth it. i always wonder why some people wait so long before repairing and end with such horrible crotch blowouts.

Yep, I've invested too much time (and like them too much) to let my I+W's blowout. Your rationale is the same as mine.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I have a very lightly used 16.5 oz jean jacket in XXL that I want to sell. Type II's have really grown on me so I want to move this along to someone more interested.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thinking of picking up the 12oz coverall or the 7oz topper shirt to wear year round. Obviously one is a jacket and one is a shirt my main concern is the summer months. I want to be able to get a good amount of wear out of it. i guess i can't go wrong with either. I LOVE the look of the coverall.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...