Introducing Tellason Denim

M.O.A

The JGM's I bought were hard to button when new and the waist stretched out to a comfortable width after a couple months of wear.. If use my thumb at my side and gently pull out I have about 1-1.25" of room. The Ankaras were looser to begin with so there was less stretching but after two weeks of daily wear they are at about the same 1-1.25" of room.

I was going to take them to get taken in after a bit of wear (and frankly shedding a few lbs). I'm just worried that might not fix the problem since it doesn't seem like they are really too lose (the JGM's did it even before they stretched). Or, that the back might look funny after.

it looks like the waist band is folded/gathered under the belt. a hot soak would bring them in a little. if you like the jeans, wear them. otherwise it might be time to try something else.

^ it's worth a shot but it might be less effort to just try a smaller size. they should be somewhat tight to start.

in other news: fresh tellason trucker jackets just rolled into the shop. solid and dope as expected. there's some pictures floating around the net even though the jackets aren't up online yet at tellason. i'll try to take a picture or two tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

go a size smaller than your usual size. solid low rise slim cut. much better than the jgm or ladbroke grove IMO.

here's andrew, one of the three of us at BlackBlue rocking the 16.5oz gustaves about 6 weeks ago. he's about 4 months in and they are fading and breaking in beautifully. he got them true to size because he's too small to get them a size down.

963884%2012LUMBERJACK0131.jpg

Edited by satchelbmoore

exactly. it's not just going to grab you in the thigh and be too big everywhere else like the JGM or ladbroke.

• 1 month later...

Thought I would put up some evo pics of my Gustave Slim Tapered 16.5oz.

Soaked once after 3 days of wear then i would say 5 full days of wear a week for just under 4 months. My tellasons will be on the back burner now as I am in the HWDC 2 for the next 2 years.

_DSC5783.jpg_DSC5806.jpg_DSC5785.jpg

Edited by ToddjColey

the tellason 16.5oz is fantastic. fun to see a cone denim with a little bit of heft.

Sheffield has the same top block as the ankaras and they have a slight taper to them. I have a pair of ankaras, and the top block is pretty snug. I sized down one and I really like the fit but sometimes I find myself wishing the leg opening was slightly smaller.

I love my Ankaras but sometimes I wish I would've went with the Sheffield because they do taper a bit.

Edited by mnw1990

Yeah the fit pics for the sheffields on tellasons website are honestly pretty bad lol. They are the same as the Ankara in the top block and they taper from the knee down.

I think the Sheffield/ Ankara is a pretty universal fit. Depending on how you size, you can get a slim to a looser fit.

For example, I normally wear a 32 in most brands. 31 in some, and I just looked at the size chart on the woodlands website and determined that I needed a 30. The ankaras/Sheffield run slightly large in the waist.

They were tight(but not uncomfortably tight) when I first got them and have stretched for a perfect fit.

So if you want a slimmer fit for sheffields, I would say size down 2 from your normal size. But check the size chart on the woodlands website for ankaras(because they don't carry Sheffields and sheffeilds have the same top block as ankaras) to make sure that you can size down that much and they'll fit you.

I'm really tempted to order the 16.5oz Sheffield but I'm currently waiting on a pair of Roy's to arrive in the mail.

Edited by mnw1990

mnw1990 has it down. i'm a big fan of both the ankaras and sheffields. the two, the sheffield is one of the best. most versatile cuts there is.

Yea, the fit pics of the sheffields on the tellason site are pretty bad. I wouldn't even be considering them had I not read that the top block is the same as the Ankara. I've actually got the tellason for ACL and was told that it's the same fit as the Ankara (though some say there's some slight differences). I think I would appreciate the taper on the sheffields, so I'm hoping to get those in the coming months. Still can't get over the customer service with this brand. Free hemming and then sent it back to me priority mail.

i threw on some 16.5oz sheffields for fit. this is down 1.5 sizes.i've been between a 31 and a 30. this is a size 29. these are snug and i could do a 28 but they would be pretty damn tight and we don't have any in the shop. might order one from pete and tony for the winter.these need a hem to get some fabric away from my feet and help them sit better below the knee.this is a great fit. E726C071-FA7B-4469-87F5-B95B623F66C4-13254-00000B403390050E_zps822f25b0.jpgADF803F5-BF5A-4FEC-B605-2AB388B3BFBE-13254-00000B4289736E3E_zpsaa3f20e9.jpg

Edited by satchelbmoore

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone that has experience w/ the Gustaves care to post some fit input or pics?

Late reply, but I've been working on some Gustav w31 since Feb. I'm regretting not sizing down at least one.

The taper is great, but the vanity sizing at the waist is a pain if you go TTS. Plus, the thigh and waist are far too big for the degree of taper. It's not a slim cut at all, bit a tapered fit. If you have big thighs, it would make a good cut. Someone with skinny legs like mine it only makes for a slightly awkward fit (again, if worn TTS). Otherwise, the denim and quality are top-notch.

• 1 month later...