Introducing Tellason Denim

M.O.A

^interesting. probably super starchy interesting to see if they feel thicker after a wash.

Edited by satchelbmoore

good question. it doesn't say inside? i know tellason prides itself on how their jeans look inside out. could be either or neither. if you're really curious just send pete/tony an email. also, i assume it doesn't have the 'legal' red tab in the back right pocket.

Edited by satchelbmoore

yeah it's awesome. i love putting people through the frustration of finding it at the shop.

• 1 month later...

see how taut they are in the thighs and where the "fades" are

now compare that to the natural creases in the top block created by the fifth pocket.

anyways..... what model are these? is it the 12 13 14 or 16 oz fabric?

give some details on the belt too while you're at it. messed up to just tease us with the buckle and burnishing

Edited by llvlaglne

He's implying that I pinched my creases or otherwise "modified" them to achieve better fades. Which is unnatural.

Gotcha. Good sport about it as well :). I'm guessing that as they fade, it'd be diffucult to notice anyway.

I'm about 3 months into a pair of 16.5 oz Ankara. I'm considering the JGM's next time around. They are a tad baggier than I'd hoped and being sanforized don't shrink. However, I've been wearing them a lot and I really like the feel and look of their 16 oz denim. I think they are a great value and I corresponded with Tony a dozen times over the course of my research and purchase. He provided a level of customer service that's rare these days and I'm happy to support them with my money.

Unfortunately, I'm in business attire during the workday so I can only wear them after work and weekends. Fortunately, I don't work very hard so I can put them on at about 3 every weekday :)

Edited by patrick_b

i hope they do another run of the double indigo ladbroke groves..... this guy on styleforum isn't replying to my msgs about purchasing them

They won't. That fabric was discontinued by Cone and replaced with something else which isn't quite as nice.

Which size are you looking for? We have a couple pairs left in the JGM...

http://www.woodlandsshop.com/products/tellason-john-graham-mellor-indigo

Considering a pr of Ankara 16 oz .I've seen the following measurements a for a 31 waist at Woodlands / Unionmade respectively :

Frnt Rise:11"

Back Rise:15.5

Frnt Rise:12 .75"

Back Rise:17.75

Considerable differences IMO.Maybe they each use different measuring methods?

I am looking for a High Rise relaxed fit and these are a consideration along with SDA 101 or Roy's 04Any other suggestions appreciated

Tellason site is of little use for detailed size info.I just emailed them.

Any input /1st hand experience would be appreciated.Believe it or not ,the best fit i've found to date is a pair of old (pre Liz Claiborne) Lucky 2000 -17 Vintage Fit ! Anyone know what they were based on?

So, I'm new to raw denim. My first pair was a pair of Tellason John Graham Mellor. After a few months of wearing I decided I need to to switch to the Ankara because the Mellor's were too tight in the thigh... I could never comfortably bend over to pick things up or sit.

I've had the Ankara's for a couple weeks now and they are much better. The fit is great, with one exception. After wearing for a few minutes, the back up near the waist gets all bunched up. It's like it's folding over itself from underneath. This also happened with Mellor's so I'm not sure if it's just something with the Tellason cut.

Here's a picture to show what's happening. Is this something that can be fixed if I had them tailor it or would it make the back look strange?

bunch.jpg?t=1360552511

Edited by 1957GoldTop