Introducing Tellason Denim

M.O.A

• 3 weeks later...

I've had my JGM's for about a month now. I got them in a size 29, they fit a little big in the waist and legs so I should have downsized one more from the get go. I wore them for two weeks and then put them in for a hot soak. The legs shrank considerably and they fit perfect now, but they are still slightly big in the waist and have a little bit of hip flair and gaping. Will a second hot soak cure this?

I've had my JGM's for about a month now. I got them in a size 29, they fit a little big in the waist and legs so I should have downsized one more from the get go. I wore them for two weeks and then put them in for a hot soak. The legs shrank considerably and they fit perfect now, but they are still slightly big in the waist and have a little bit of hip flair and gaping. Will a second hot soak cure this?

wont hurt

give it a boiling hot soak

Gave them another hot soak, took care of the hip flair and some of the gaping. They're still kind of big in the waist but I can live with that, I just need to upgrade my belt.

if they are still loose around the waist, they will only get MORE loose over wear & time.

youll be dealing with oversized jeans in the long run. Unless you plan on gaining weight, id sell them :(

• 3 weeks later...

Tellasons for sale on Huckberry. Also:

We all picked up a pair ourselves and thought it would be fun to compare notes in six months. Do a before and after kind of thing, with the most unique wear pattern taking home $50 credit.

We’re offering free shipping, returns and hemming on all Tellason jeans. You’ll also receive $60 Huckberry credit towards your next purchase with us!

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got a chance to take some pictures I've been wanting to take for quite a while.

A Transcontinental Tellason Triumvirate.

Three pair of Tellason Strummers, as lived in by (from left to right):

- a civil engineer in Orange County, for about six months

- an development researcher in Uganda, for about six months

- a teacher in Honduras, turned graduate art student in Los Angeles, for about one year

IMG_5806.JPG

IMG_5808.JPG

IMG_5818.JPG

IMG_5819.JPG

IMG_5820.JPG

IMG_5821.JPG

And yes, pair #2 are clean... or as clean as a machine can get them!

Pair #1 are the ones for sale in my signature.

Edited by dkatz

• 1 month later...

Well it's been around 6 months of pretty much daily wear raw but since these only see VERY light duty (none of the usual salaami stone masonry/demolition type work) due to me just watching a store all day they haven't faded much at all. Surely nothing worth pictures . Just a bit of knee fade from praying 5x daily. I gave them their first soak this weekend in hot water with pine-sol to get all the critters out. I decided to go against habit and never wash, just hot soak in pine-sol with absolutely no agitation every few months. I literally layed them in the water. And a few hours later I emptied the water out of the tub and poured water over them several times to rinse. No rub, no scrub. No indigo was in the water. I turned them inside out and baked them in the hot Virginia sun till dry. The pine-sol got out the sizing, but they were somewhat stiff due to the sunbaking. With the light duty work they get and the synthetic thread they should easily last years. Any real work is done in Atzecs Eternals. I'll throw pics up whenever they actually fade significantly. I've shown what man-work can do to the worlds finest denim, so I'm not in a rush with these....why Pinesol? It gets out dirt wonderfully, and I'm addicted to its piney smell

Whoa Katz ! You've done a service to this brand, they should name a cut after you. Superb work young sir. This , ROY and the LVC thread prove that cone still makes great denim that fades a well as the top MIJ DENIM. Good stuff is good stuff.

Edited by salaami

• 1 month later...

I love my tellasons. My Ankaras are my go to jean for work. I typically sport my 3sixteens at night. But my day to day are the Ankaras for sure. The personal customer service they have is amazing. Pete sent me a hand written thank you note when I bought from they're online store. I have the 12.5 oz and the 14.75.

Hey,

Just to let you know that you can get a pair of Tellason 'John Graham Mellor' jeans for half the money by contributing to a new Joe Strummer film via crowdfunding:

www.indiegogo.com/ineedadodge

Thankyou to fellow Clash fans Tellason for the generous donation!

Strummer would have worn Tellason

www.ineedadodge.com

Has anyone picked up the 16 oz denim yet?

we got a couple pairs of 16.5oz gustaves. solid stuff.

Edited by satchelbmoore

• 1 month later...