Introducing Tellason Denim

M.O.A

The heaviest I've seen Tellason do is those right there, at 14.75.

I'm actually wearing that pair as I type, just not the Need Supply-branded variety.

NeedSupply has some stock in 14.75oz CD.

I am looking for another pair of Cone denim, might just have to spend my upcoming birthday money on these. I actually wasn't even aware Cone denim was made heavier than 14ozs, flat? Does anyone know the heaviest Cone denim?

ladbroke_grove_01.jpg

ladbroke_grove_4.jpg

ladbroke_grove_05.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

14050-alt-1.jpg14050-alt-2.jpg

Do these Filson jeans remind you of something?

You mean they look like Tellason's jeans?

They both use off-the-rack stock denim from Cone, both patches are made by Tanner, and they both have half-lined back pockets.

Are the Filson jeans also made in SF?

Yes, but the first clue was the same 2 color chain-stitch that Tellason uses.

And it's also made in the same factory as Tellason's jeans?

for the record, I like Tellason a lot. the jeans are simple but well made - the quality is on par with other American brands, especially when you consider the fact that they are under $200!

Tony and Pete are really nice to work with and provide outstanding customer service.

No hate coming from me!

I have a pair of jeans and the shirt and am very happy with both. Nice fabric, nice details and very good fit.

I can't complain.

Yeah, I didn't get a sense of hate at all. Just a discussion about a "coincidence" in manufacturing. Tellason is a testament to what great things can be achieved through great partnerships.

Oh there is no coincidence to it. You simply need to read between the lines ;)

• 3 weeks later...

we carry both the JGMs and Ankara in 14.75oz at BlackBlue. we're very pleased with both.

there has been some issues with gapping in the back on the JGMs. sometimes this is fixed by sizing down but often this leads to the thighs being too tight.

the Ankara is a great, simple straight leg jean.

all in all, they've been a joy to work with and we're proud to carry them.

Edited by satchelbmoore

there has been some issues with gapping in the back on the JGMs. sometimes this is fixed by sizing down but often this leads to the thighs being too tight.

This. I don't know anyone who's tried them on who hasn't had this problem (same with Ladbroke Grove since same top block). The Ladbroke Groves fit me perfectly from the hips down and the waist is a couple inches too big.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a pair of the 14.75 oz w36 at need supply today. I went against all of my usual denim laws with these, just to shake it up( made in us , non Okayama denim, poly thread, sanforized, low rise) and these are ok jeans. Rise is taking a bit I getting used to, especially since my weight gain( I went from a 30w to a 36w!!!) since I've already slutted myself I'm gonna change my wash habits with these as well, cold soak only until at least a year. No hard work in these , just walking around at work and chilling so don't expect anything nearly as drastic as my past exploits...

Oh yeah it's a good one. We have two other colors too that are ballin. Garment Dyed black and un-dyed natural cotton.

So proper.

chore_coat_black_d-web.jpg?102224

chore_coat_white-web.jpg?102224

I saw these in person but wasn't blown away by the construction. Would have liked more attention to detail in that regard. The styling and fit were spot on but, if it was finished to actually be worked in, it could have been a much more convincing garment.

• 4 weeks later...