Introducing Tellason Denim

M.O.A

Really psyched to see these new Kuroki Tellasons. Are they in shops (i e Unionmade) already?

I should get some pics up of my JGMs - the crotch has been massively reconstructed by the Self Edge guys, and they are looking pretty nice for about 8-9 months wear. The non-crocking Cone denim has become really interesting - weird "non-blue color", very yellow-y fades, and tons of vertical action.

I'll get some pics when SF weather decides to stop being a bitch.

my JGM's have had zero crotch issues, but the seat isn't fading at all. nice fades from the wallet and "legal", but other than that, not much else. I haven't washed these yet, but I definitely get the not blue thing color, it'll be interesting to see what they look like washed.

mkaro0.jpg

21kecqq.jpg

These days, there’s a lot of denim to choose from. In fact, there’s probably more high quality denim around than ever. How does a pair stand out? For us, it’s a simple recipe. First we looked to our friends at Tellason, Tony and Pete to guide the project. Then, we began with superior materials, in this case 15.5 oz denim made especially for this run of jeans by Kuroki Mills in Okayama, Japan. Then, we added the kind of details that elevate something to a more considered product. These include half lined back pockets to ensure durability; copper rivets and a copper donut button fly; two-toned chain stitched hems (one thread color yellow, the other an indigo dyed cotton thread); fully lined selvage coin pocket; and like all Tellason jeans, fully lined front pockets. The rear pockets feature the same tonal indigo dyed cotton thread as the hems, only here they are single needle stitched into the back pocket to form a simple “T†shape. Subtle yet striking.

bfrpk9.jpg

Next was our special contribution: The patch is hand constructed from natural un-dyed leather by the fine folks at Tanner Goods. The leather has been hand oiled prior to being sewn onto the jean, in order to ensure a long and richly aged life. We've also only sewn the top and bottom of the patch, to allow a belt to slide through easily. Frankly, we love this patch.

2ujgu9f.jpg

Like all jeans, over time these will evolve. Unlike other jeans, these have subtle yet striking differences. Beyond the rich natural hand-dyed indigo of the Kuroki denim, the indigo thread, the contrast thread and the hand oiled patch will change over time, displaying characteristics unique to the owner and the pattern of use and care. We feel that this level of attention to detail is what sets Tony and Pete's product above and beyond others in the market. Paired with the fair price and the fact that they are assembled 100% in the USA in San Francisco, we’re justifiably excited to offer these jeans for sale.

The fit is modern straight leg cut, neither too slim nor too loose, designed to look excellent on a wide range of body types and builds. All Tellason Jeans come in a 34 inch inseam. The denim is Sanforized but you should still expect 1-3% of shrinkage after the first wash.

This run of denim is limited to 24 pairs at the Woodlands Supply Co. Each pair has been hand numbered 1-24 by Tony.

Size 28 - 38 available HERE

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We re-upped the Tellason for Woodlands denim in the original John Graham Mellor Slim Straight cut and just like last time, there are only a limited amount of pairs available with our custom Woodlands patch. These sold our pretty quickly last time so be sure to snag a pair if you missed out on the first run. This round of denim was produced with 12.5 oz Cone Mills denim. Perfect and light for summer living.

1zdq1wy.jpg

2gv0zzl.jpg

We've also added the all new Ankara Straight Leg on the web-shop. We've only produced a small amount of the Ankara in Cone denim for Woodlands, about 1 size run so move quick if you want to own one of the few pairs available.

14ttx1e.jpg

59zozb.jpg

As always, please send an email to [email protected] if you need any assistance with sizing. We're here to make your shopping experience as easy as possible. Our staff is always prepared to offer measurements, sizing tips and the like. All you need to do is ask.

Shop Tellason at the Woodlands

Any Idea when Tellason will next produce their next regular/straight-leg Jean.

Slim and tapered fits are not for me, but I really like how the Tellasons look.

The reason i ask is that i'm not too sure about the ANKARA FOR WOODLANDS - 12.5 OZ CONE MILLS. Is this still available? Or are there any other straight leg models in heavier denim? I' Love a 15oz pair.

Thanks

Thanks Grooveholmes They look good, but this now begs the question...

Whats the difference in fit between the two; The Ankara for Woodlands which is 12.5oz Cone mills or the ACL Tellasons which are 12.5oz cone mills too.

Im thinking they must both be the same Cone Mill White Oak 12.5oz Sanforized denim? Right?!

I wonder how different the cuts could be? And they are the same price $198 so whats to choose from?

I still really like the look of the 15.5oz Kuroki Denim used for another Woodlands Supply Co Jean. There were only 24 Pairs though at $225. This is what i'd really like.

Thanks

This is where it can get tricky. The Ankaras are based on the ACLs, I believe, but exactly to what extent, I'm unsure. I'd email em (Tellason) directly or shoot measurement questioms to the Woodlands crew. I think the Ankaras have a higher rise, slightly wider thigh, but smaller leg opening than the ACLs.

Agreed there are subtle differences; Here are the sizing charts for both

ACL x Tellason:

http://shop.acontinuouslean.com/collections/tellason-x-acl-co/products/tellason_acl 2nd Photo - Size Chart

Ankara for Woodlands:

Screen_shot_2011-06-23_at_5.43.45_PM.png?100654

And heres my Reference point: Roy RS1:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=88&products_id=620

I have them in 32" - I have BIG measurements post soak of mine for comparison. (to be fair i should have ordered a 33" or 34" in the Roys)

Not too much in it - i'd typically prefer a slightly wider leg opening but both the ACL and Woodlands are wider than the Roys anyhow!

Decisions, Decisions.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The arrival of a new pair of high quality denim is like a first date—a mix of excitement, a touch of nervousness and plenty of anticipation. And for good reason. Jeans are a relationship and you want to start strong. We’re currently feeling that excitement about the new denim from Tellason. Our friends in San Francisco have collaborated with the masters at Cone Mills Denim on a 14.75 oz fabric that is exclusive to the Tellason brand, and we’re loving the make-ups they did for us. The new denim is a deep, dark indigo that’s super saturated in color. In short: they dark, friends. Expect high contrast fades when worn with love.

This run maintains all the details Tellason is known for, with one notable difference: For this batch, we have switched the patch to our Saddle Tan leather instead of the hand oiled natural patch previously used. We love the indigo and tan contrast, and wanted to mix things up a bit. In addition, we are now only stitching the top and bottom of the patch, to allow a belt to be worn underneath it. This feature is unique to our collaboration: No other Tellason jean has this.

The Woodlands x Tellason model is available in three fits:

Ladbroke Grove: A slim tapered fit, with the same top block as John Graham Mellor. Limited to 9 pairs at Woodlands.

Ladbroke14.75-A.jpg?100989

Ankara: A true straight leg fit, with a medium rise. Limited to 9 pairs at Woodlands.

Ankara14.75-A.jpg?100989

John Graham Mellor: The classic slim cut we all know and love. Limited to 38 pairs at Woodlands.

JGM14.75-C.jpg?100989