Introducing Tellason Denim

M.O.A

• 4 months later...

Bumping a pretty old thread...

I got a pair of these for a buddy who lives and teaches in Honduras. Saw him over the holidays and took a few stealth-photos:

IMG_0991.JPG

IMG_1002.JPG

IMG_1020.JPG

I love in that last one that you can see the outline of the "legal" tab through the back pocket.

I also have a pair of these sitting in my closet waiting for the end of the SExDBxS09 contest. Anyone have any pics of how these are wearing?

Pulled out my Tellasons yesterday while the SExDBxS09 were drying.

The fit on these is kinda peculiar. Given how low the rise is, I'm always surprised by how not-super-skinny they are. A unique combo. I also had the waist taken in a bit.

IMG_0116.jpg

• 2 months later...

I'm currently about a month into a pair of Mellors; they're currently out getting hemmed.

Some thoughts:

Loving the cut, except the rise is preeeetty low. I'm 5'7" and it's still dangerously low for me.

Interesting denim. I bought the Mellors because I wanted a pair of Cone jeans, and this denim had a more interesting raw texture than the various Japanese denims used for the Strummers that I saw. The strangest part about it is that I've had NO smurfing at all. Usually i end up with white shoetops, fingers, etc., but nothing here yet.

Overall, I'm digging them, though. I'll post some evo pictures eventually, probably.

Hm, and apparently they added 3/4" to the rise for the Mellors.

Also Strummers are Cone White Oak denim as well, like the Mellors. The Mellor denim is apparently much blacker than the Strummer denim (which are a pretty rich navy blue).

How about some fit pics and close-ups of the denim, mholmeslinde?

• 2 weeks later...
Hm, and apparently they added 3/4" to the rise for the Mellors.

Also Strummers are Cone White Oak denim as well, like the Mellors. The Mellor denim is apparently much blacker than the Strummer denim (which are a pretty rich navy blue).

How about some fit pics and close-ups of the denim, mholmeslinde?

sorry about the late reply - stuff's crazy lately.

The denim is muuuch blacker. Had the chance to compare it to their Kaihara and other Japanese denim Strummers, and it's pretty different.

I'll get some pics next time I can steal my roomie's DSLR.

The rise on the Strummers is LOWER?! Man, those must be pretty intense, because I'm 5'7" and this rise is LOW.

Sort of a crosspost from Cone thread, but does anybody have any good info on the Cone White Oak denim from the Mellors? It's very interesting, but I can't find any specifics. I'll get some nice pics up one of these days...

Almost two months in, really liking them so far. Was very skeptical about the indigo-dyed threads used on back pockets and hem, but the they look pretty cool as they are aging.

How'd you manage that?

No idea. I just looked down the other day and noticed it. I don't even use the coin pocket much...

On another note, my buddy who teachers in Honduras, for whom I bought a pair of Strummers, sent me pictures (and rights to show them to the internet). He's had these since Augustish, but I don't think he wears them most days (I think it's hotter there than even here):

TELL%20ASS%20ON%203.jpg

TELL%20ASS%20ON%202.jpg

TELL%20ASS%20ON%201.jpg

I'm getting my pair of Mellors in the mail tomorrow.

30 inch waist - ordered a size 29.

Will put up fit pics for sure.

I'm the same - wearing 29s, and they are perfect. Waist stretches a bit as usual, but they're great in the thighs and below, so I am sure you will be great.

On another note: it's crotch reinforcement time! No stitching or structural damage, but fabric is wearing quite thin, but that's par for the course for me. I am definitely a destroyer of crotches.

This is quite a question to ask, but Dkatz, how is your crotch holding up?