Vintage/Inspired Military & Workwear Clothing Center

technicolor

if anyone is interested, im selling the mono workwear edition vol1

ming, id like to see some fit pictures of the Buzz Rickson peacoat. I'd love to pick up a BR or Real Mccoys peacoat. Is the BR more blue or black like?

ming, id like to see some fit pictures of the Buzz Rickson peacoat. I'd love to pick up a BR or Real Mccoys peacoat. Is the BR more blue or black like?

ok, i'll see what i can do today, although i only have the iphone handy. will post them when i get home.

the color is a very dark blue, close to black.

i'm 5'7" 155lbs, wear a 40 or 42 in shirts and jackets, a 40 in the peacoat and a L in the buzz rickson sweatshirts (the M was a bit too tight in the shoulders for my taste.)

Buzz Rickson Peacoat. This thing looks a LOT darker then these photos. It was hard for me to believe it was even blue the first time I looked at it. Even when you hold it up to a black garment, the rich deepness of the indigo still makes it feel black. It's a trip. At any rate, great cut on this coat, I got a sz. 38. That's also the size I am in the Buzz Rickson CPO. The arm length is shorter then most other coats, which is perfect for me since I'm short. The quality of fabric is very very good. At 36 oz. I was surprised I was even able to get through taking all the photos. The thing is damn heavy, great for the cold wether, which is why I bought it in the first place. If you are looking for the heaviest, best constructed peacoat you can get, it's definitely this one. The only minor aesthetic qualm I had was that the pointed segment right after the collar wasn't bigger ( I forgot the actual terminology ). But hey, I can't really argue since it's a repro. and they can't make any design modifications. Pictured are shots with the coat open and closed, collar popped and not popped. Thus far I think I am a fan of the collared popped while jacket closed. Makes an interesting statement when you've got this massive collar just accenting the top of your outfit. ( And in my place leading the viewer to the point made by my cornhawk : P

--Markmont.

4196400132_e5707bc6cf_o.jpg

4196403892_efa1f18f20_o.jpg

4196399918_81e5016741_o.jpg

4196399758_71bc341119_o.jpg

4196399614_d53bfd2307_o.jpg

--Markmont.

Wait, that peacoat is indigo dyed? Sounds interesting... I have never heard of an indigo dyed peacoat (other than the denim MFSC).

Markmont, thanks for sharing those fit pictures; peacoat looks downright amazing. Sizing info also helps me out a lot since i also own the CPO BR.

Anyone own the Real Mccoys peacoat? I wonder i theres any difference in quality or material? You wont hear me badmouthing Buzz Rickson at all but when I handled the Real Mccoys N-1 jacket, I immediately regretted buying my Buzz Rickson N-1. Especially the difference in quality of the liner was obvious. (BR used alpaca, RM used wool)

Markmont, thanks for sharing those fit pictures; peacoat looks downright amazing. Sizing info also helps me out a lot since i also own the CPO BR.

Anyone own the Real Mccoys peacoat? I wonder i theres any difference in quality or material? You wont hear me badmouthing Buzz Rickson at all but when I handled the Real Mccoys N-1 jacket, I immediately regretted buying my Buzz Rickson N-1. Especially the difference in quality of the liner was obvious. (BR used alpaca, RM used wool)

The N-1 is still around. The materials have changed to synthetics, but the look and fit is very much the same. They're actually still made by spiewak; who I believe was one of the original suppliers. In the fleet they're like gold, it's pretty hard to get one issued ( stencil your name big and hide that thing when you're not wearing it on the ship) Most people just end up wearing thier pea coat. However, in warmer climates or shore stations a lot of them end up getting sold to surplus stores for some extra cash. Just some food for thought. Unfortunately, a lot of this cool old pattern stuff is rapidly being phased out of the fleet, we're trying to "modernize" I guess.

here's my BR peacoat as promised. sorry about the image quality, bad light.

waywt12162.jpg

ming; fit looks great; how is the coat holding up in those frosty environments? do you need to layer a lot underneath or is it warm enough?

i have a lightweight fleece and a scarf on, and that's it. no long johns or anything like that. it's a very warm coat for sure, and that collar helps more than you might expect.

i have a lightweight fleece and a scarf on, and that's it. no long johns or anything like that. it's a very warm coat for sure, and that collar helps more than you might expect.

yeah, when you button it up all the way and get the chin strap goin, you dont even need a scarf.

You are lucky,

My kneck is too big to get the strap fastened. Need to get the button tailored if I want it to work. My kneck is 16.5 inches, my proportions are odd : (

--Markmont.

if it makes you feel any better, in judo i have found guys with big necks to be much harder to choke unconscious. (i bet that won't make you feel better at all.)

how about this: i like your taste in coats! :)

thanks man. the wwII coats are significantly trimmer than others I've owned. I still have my vietnam issue pea coat also in a 40 and that thing is a whole lot bigger.

I didn't know that until I bought my 67 peacoat... it's a 44 but huge! It's good to know that if you buy a wwii one it should be spot on but a late 60's run big...

i have a 81 pea coat that fits perfect, but i think it has been washed and dryed.... the arms are a little bunched and the fabric feels even thicker than usual and doesnt have the smooth hand of most govt issue pea coats.

ill post a pic sometime soon...

actually, all of my jackets are us mil... except my denim.

Anyone looking for an inexpensive but decent wool blend CPO should check out Gap's version. Someone (tvshooter?) posted a fit pic and it looked great. It's on sale for $50, and an extra 20% off through today (GAPEXTRA20).

Anyone looking for an inexpensive but decent wool blend CPO should check out Gap's version. Someone (tvshooter?) posted a fit pic and it looked great. It's on sale for $50, and an extra 20% off through today (GAPEXTRA20).

I have one of these, theyre awesome id recommend it for sure. Its pretty heavy too.