Vintage/Inspired Military & Workwear Clothing Center

technicolor

Anyone have any experience with M65 jackets and how they're supposed to fit/look? I recently bought one from Alpha Industries but the jacket seems way too huge on me. I normally wear a small/sz36 in shirts, but the jacket is tagged size small and is measured 38-40 in. around the chest (regular med). Are they supposed to fit all huge-like or did I just size wrong?
bought an alpha M65 in large in '95 and they fit huge.even than the quality was disappointing,bad stitching,velcro didnt work properly and the inlay was way too large,even though tagged as L... wouldnt buy a M65 again,but what i learned from this forum is that the extra money spend on a japanese repro is justified.

here are some interresting pics of a very nice work jacket.

i remeber seeinh it in free and easy and i was thinking of having em custom made by aero.

the first pic is from helles cafes collection out of the free & easy issue

and the others of the new hellers fall 09collection for warehouse.

R0014571.jpg

img_0015_2.jpg

o0800060110217891853.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This weekend i found myself at the Estey Organ Museum in Brattleboro VT.

Inside they had pictures of people building organs from the early 50's. In one photo there was a close up of a guy in a vintage smock, which had a label that read Carters. I've googled it and come up with H. W. CARTER & SONS, which now makes baby clothes? Anyone have any images of their old wears?

Looks like they did the repro thing back in the early 90's...

After 133 years, the workwear company H.W. Carter & Sons has ventured beyond its functional utility wear and introduced the new Vintage Carter line of clothes for spring '93. The sportswear line consists of reproductions of authentic workwear from 1900 to the 1950s, including work coats, jackets, shirts and loose-fitting work pants. Wholesale prices are between $22 and $46.

Guest jbone45

2ljrkab.jpg

1j2ahi.jpg

r87d6w.jpg

This is my Flys Reg. U.S Patent gas station attendant jacket from the 50's that I picked up years ago. It's a size 38 and whoever had this prior to me took immaculate care of it, other then a few stains and the rust accumulating on the talon zipper over the years. It has a wool lining, so I can only wear it during the winter time..but definitely one of my favorite jackets.

picked up this guy awhile ago for ten bucks at a thrift store in massachusetts.

DSCN6097.jpg

DSCN6098.jpg

"cold weather, permeable, A-2"

manufactured by Mason and Hughes.

I don't know anything about its age, perhaps someone has info? My best guess is 70s or 80s on the basis of the wear/buttons/zipper but it's just a shot in the dark.

picked this up yesterday, apparently Swiss Army medic bag circa '40s.

anyone can verify the period this bag was from and whether it's really issued by Swiss army? thanks.

Picture031.jpg

Picture034-2.jpg

Close-up of canvas material print

Picture032.jpg

Leather straps

Picture035-2.jpg

Picture033-1.jpg

Picture036-2.jpg

Name of person the bag was issued to?

Picture037-3.jpg

Picture038.jpg

Picture039.jpg

Hook to secure bag

Picture041.jpg

That's most definitely swiss army. It's the same salt and pepper olive canvas and stamp on the leather strap as compared to a pack I was looking at.

thanks for the confirmation zissou, checked with another friend as well. be nice if someone can give confirmation on the period this bag originates from.

That's most definitely swiss army. It's the same salt and pepper olive canvas and stamp on the leather strap as compared to a pack I was looking at.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
*also posted in the Buzz Rickson thread*

My Buzz Rickson khakis have arrived. How's the fit? I'm not used to wearing stuff this baggy.

These have not been soaked.

IMG_3047.jpg

Nice, are they the 45's? If so they're slimmer than I expected. Might just go bag some.

Yup, it's good. It's warm, fit's true to size and looks the business.

Tha alpaca can itch a bit but it only whining babies bitch about it.

I'll get some measurements up from my size 42" tomorrow, it's currently residing in the loft/attic but I'll drag it out. All I can say is I'm a 41" chest and a 42" fits perfect. Nice and roomy with a tee and good with a sweater.

I love it, and on a freakery day I can sneak an A-2 underneath it for no good reason whatsoever.

Yup, it's good. It's warm, fit's true to size and looks the business.

Tha alpaca can itch a bit but it only whining babies bitch about it.

I'll get some measurements up from my size 42" tomorrow, it's currently residing in the loft/attic but I'll drag it out. All I can say is I'm a 41" chest and a 42" fits perfect. Nice and roomy with a tee and good with a sweater.

I love it, and on a freakery day I can sneak an A-2 underneath it for no good reason whatsoever.

I'd love some measurements from your size 42 as I've had the Buzz Rickson blue N-1 on my mind for a long time.

I'd love some measurements from your size 42 as I've had the Buzz Rickson blue N-1 on my mind for a long time.

This for my olive green N-1, I have a feeling the blue version may be slightly larger fitting but get confirmation on that from one of the more knowledgeable gents on here.

Here ya go......

Shoulders, seam to seam - 20"

Back from bottom of collar to hem - 27"

Sleeves along the outer edge - 25" (and they are designed to be a little long)

It's a beauty, I love it. The seawash version looks pretty neat to with the darker alpaca, if I hadn't spunked all my money on an another Good Wear and an RMNZ B-10 I'd get it now!

Hope this helps.

hey clobber thanks for the infos, i am also looking forward to ordering one, but what about the chest size, armpit to armpit?

Sorry matey... Chest pit to pit is a very healthy 23" front and back.