Vintage/Inspired Military & Workwear Clothing Center

technicolor

my father gave me pretty similar pants when i was kid. they were called 'kopřiváky' (nettles because they were unwearable without baselayers).

these were 1950s eastern germany/czechoslovakia/poland uniform pants used by police forces.

on the other hand nothing created back than did not use size 34, not to mention military sizing is much complex than just a number. and nothing in the eastern block used english company names.

to sum it up this post is no help at all:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone knows how to date old Pendletons? I bought this vintage Pendleton shirt for a ridiculous sum of money (50€), it's way to big but the plaid pattern is one of the nicest I've come across. I'm guessing it's not very old, maybe 70's.

I recently found another place that sells them for 20€, which I think is a fair price.

Edited by carlanton

Mine has the woolmark label, so that means it's mid 70's to late 80's. What models are most desirable by collectors? The older the better?

The lady who owns the store where I found them for 20€ mentioned that she regularly gets Pendletons from the 30's and 40's, and that they are probably worth a lot more than whatever she's selling them for. She also sells big E type 3 jackets for 30€, which is a steal as most vintage stores around here will charge you around 200€ or more (even up to 250€ at Beyond Retro). I'm just waiting for her to get one in my size!

Edit:

http://www.facebook....id=382834033348 more info on Pendelton labels.

Edited by carlanton

• 2 months later...

just got my father in laws old parka that he wore playing football in high school back in the late 50s... but it turns out that it was from WWII... a reversible ski parka... od on one side, off white on the other. ill get some pics tomorrow in the daylight.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

hope this is the right place for this.... i was walking past christie's auction house in south kensington, london last night and saw these in the window:

8066235417_33976ee0d8_z.jpg

8066236763_b298d37cb7_z.jpg

8066236074_850c02a8ed_z.jpg

Ernest Shackleton's pullover and medicine cabinet. It was closed when I was passing, don't know if there's anything more inside, but I thought this might be appreciated here!

I picked this up from a thrift shop last week. I waxed the jacket a bit with Fjall Raven Greenland Wax, especially the shoulders, chest and upper back.

7616128702_6d343829a3_c.jpg

7676168262_d8eaa3bc32_c.jpg

7676170778_37131e6502_c.jpg

7676168976_92b784aaa9_c.jpg

7676172038_bf0055188e_c.jpg

7676171496_d0e6278da5_c.jpg

7676169628_e96102c868_c.jpg

Nice coat crat, but does not look right with dress shirt & shoes

• 8 years later...
56 minutes ago, aho said:

Super bump! Anyone wearing repro HBT or general military inspired trousers? Looking for a good M-47 for example

I've been wearing military-style baker pants in HBT from both Bronson and TCB. But I wonder if you've taken a look at Brut? I noticed some nice military trousers there the other day...

https://brut-clothing.com/product-category/clothing/military/pants-military/