so, i'm having a pair of jeans made . . . .

mizanation

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mizanation: Would you please PM me the contact information of Kuniyoshi-san and his workshop. I have a Japanese friend who can help me communicate with him. Thanks!

Thanks for a great thread and pictures.

Surreal

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
there was a time in japan when they couldn't chainstitch the entire waistband. the technology at the time allowed japanese denim makers to only stitch till about two inches from the edge.

DSC_0667.jpg

I follow this thread with much interest. Today I passed your posting miz and it's remind me of my old Levi's 557 made in USA jacket. Interestingly, at the back of infamous single stitch loop I found the chain stitch that end the same way you describe in your posting.

19082010706.jpg

The chain stitch of my another Levi's jacket just finish at the end of the edge. I think depend on the machine in thr factory, the chain stitch of the jeans or jacket not finish the same.

I was wondering if you would please repost various details about the ordering of his products, and other information about customization and such in one single post; or better yet, in a new thread.

Has he changed anything about how he's running things? Has he expanded the cuts from the 47 and 66? Does he have any new denims available? Are new options available for leather details and hardware? Has his prices changed? From his blog I read he has some limited organic cotton denim lying around; is this still available?

My wish would be that he would create for me a pair of similar fit to the Evis 2504 or Warehouse 700; gotta have that classic denim cinch back.

I'm glad to see you're back and willing to do this; and I hope you're getting something in return for it.

Surr.

Have you thought of making a website for this, customer picks the options and has a way to order online?

since all efforts to find a bilingual denim expert have failed, i will be once again helping people order jeans from kuniyoshi-san. just send me a pm to get things popping.

please see below.

I was wondering if you would please repost various details about the ordering of his products, and other information about customization and such in one single post; or better yet, in a new thread.

ok.

Has he changed anything about how he's running things?

no.

Has he expanded the cuts from the 47 and 66? Does he have any new denims available?

yes, he has a cut based on the dior homme MIJ 19cm.

also, he can modify cuts to mimick other cuts, like the levi's 1955 and lee rider's, etc...

Are new options available for leather details and hardware?

umm, yeah. he orders stuff from okayama, so if they have it, he can get it. someone just ordered copper UFO rivets.

Has his prices changed?

don't think so.

From his blog I read he has some limited organic cotton denim lying around; is this still available?

don't know, maybe. if you want to order, send me a pm and i will ask him.

Hey miz - I sent him an email but he replied once and never got bak again. Perhaps my knowledge is lacking? (I'm a bilingual Japanese American)

he is not really technically savvy. if it doesn't have a motor, he doesn't really know how to operate it. thus, his ability to email customers is poor.

send me a pm if you want to order and i will handle the transaction.

Hey miz - thanks for the reply. I'm on my phone, I can't seem to get to the pm function at the moment.

I messaged regarding the case about taking orders, not making an order - since you mentioned you were looking for a person who could do that. Perhaps I should mail him again? I didn't want to come off as too pushy at the time.

Hey miz - thanks for the reply. I'm on my phone, I can't seem to get to the pm function at the moment.

I messaged regarding the case about taking orders, not making an order - since you mentioned you were looking for a person who could do that. Perhaps I should mail him again? I didn't want to come off as too pushy at the time.

hey man. yeah, don't know what to say. he's kinda like the mad hatter, that is to say scatterbrained. i will ask him if he got the email. right now is the o-bon holiday in okinawa so i will get back to you in a couple days.