arcteryx veilance

4 hours ago, branespload said:

hmm so starting FW17 voronoi AR will come in 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 36 from what ive heard. not 35. also, no 28s (im sad about this)

voronoi will still have option for 32" or 35" inseams, rest of pants will likely be 32.5" standard as usual

also pants will be made in china starting fw17…

edit: but only the pants, everything else is in canada

My only wish to pants is they can make it more friendly to shank. All pants are too tight for me and some bros in previous posts.

15 hours ago, polarad said:

Do you guys take the same size in frame tees as with your outerwear?

Yes. Its a base layer, so you want a closer fit. It drapes nicely so you can size up, but it starts looking yeezyesque

9 hours ago, bboysparrow said:

New to AV here. Coming from Acronym. I heard veilance will have sales on their older season clothes. Will that be on the main site or their stockists. I saw some of the SS17 on haven. Do they often release their collection in separate waves? I'd like to see all of SS17 before I purchase the FW16

you might find veilance on sale from stockists but never discounted from arcteryx direct.

stockists will only buy certain pieces. The veilance site will update come February usually with spring. Go back a few pages and you'll See I posted the spring 17 preview when they had it at the store.

also the offerings (style and functionality) are mostly different from FW16 to S17 so you wouldn't miss much. 

welcome to veilance 

14 minutes ago, akuma no uta said:

FW17 has some insane pieces, including the return of the 3 in 1, and a new line of tech wool blazers. Also a new pant called the Field Pant which will be a huge hit.

Prices seem to be about the same as before, but some outerwear is getting close to the $2,000 mark

Patrol IS -> Patrol Down for this year, and the wool pieces are the Haedn series with a new Italian tech wool softshell

field pant looked crazy. Windstopper a la indisce but a front pocket like voronois, w a very veilance cargo pocket

3 hours ago, branespload said:

Patrol IS -> Patrol Down for this year, and the wool pieces are the Haedn series with a new Italian tech wool softshell

field pant looked crazy. Windstopper a la indisce but a front pocket like voronois, w a very veilance cargo pocket

Is there any picture of Field Pant that you guys may be able to share? Also, based on previous replies, trousers from FW17 will be made in China? In this case, I won't be so motivated to spend the money no matter how sick the Field Pant might be..

The long wait for SS17 to go live on official site really drives me crazy.. Anyone knows if they will re-stock some FW16 pieces along with SS17 stuff on official site?

Cheers..

i think i caught a shot of the new haedn somewhere on instagram - looked sick. Is the wool cardigan lars is wearing in the concept store interview from the same season? field pant sounds like a reincarnation of the spec pant

Edited by Inkinsurgent

19 hours ago, damagedroid said:

Is there any picture of Field Pant that you guys may be able to share? Also, based on previous replies, trousers from FW17 will be made in China? In this case, I won't be so motivated to spend the money no matter how sick the Field Pant might be..

The long wait for SS17 to go live on official site really drives me crazy.. Anyone knows if they will re-stock some FW16 pieces along with SS17 stuff on official site?

Cheers..

Some pieces restocked so check now

Hi so this isn't exactly veilance however is still arcteryx, I've been playing around with some mainline arcteryx since functionality is its priority however the fits are not pleasing. The result is a pair of palisade pants that I've gotten tailored heavily and I just wanted to hear some feedback from you guys.IMG-20170130-WA0006-1.jpg

Reason why I chose Palisades over the other pants is because of the stretchy nylon (TerraTex) fabric is insanely comfortable and durable, and how the cargo pockets are visible because of the zippers but not exagerrated.

Let me know what you guys think

Edited by Toilettebun
Grammar corrections

3 hours ago, Inkinsurgent said:

awesome. i've long considered doing something similar to a pair of arc'teryx stowe pants. did your tailor run into any issues/considerations?

Stowe pants would look amazing and surprisingly no! The only issue that occurred was the seam of the pants was a regular single stitch + serged raw hem instead of the flat felled seam arcteryx uses. It has a small discontinuity around the lower knee cap area (pretty much hidden) since it goes from flat felled seam to a single stitch seam

Is the new haedn fabric similar to the limited release monitor at the veilance pop up shop in ny?

Still wanting an indisce but debating if I should wait for new haedn now..

Also, quite a few more stuff from the new season released today at Haven

49 minutes ago, logit said:

Is the jacket on the left the Patrol Down? Looks like some sort of 3-in-1 jacket. Pic from https://www.instagram.com/p/BPvC5KMjouX/

yes

3 minutes ago, Xal said:

Is the new haedn fabric similar to the limited release monitor at the veilance pop up shop in ny?

Still wanting an indisce but debating if I should wait for new haedn now..

Also, quite a few more stuff from the new season released today at Haven

re: haedn fabric, no. it's an actual wool softshell made from italian wool. the monitor down special make up was a polyester blend that mimiced a heathered wool, but was still fully synthetic

the haedn blazer is the same (or maybe just extremely similar to) cut as the indisce blazer. so you'll have to prioritize protection vs warmth (indisce has better wind and water resistance, haedn should be warmer from what i can tell)

On 1/29/2017 at 4:04 AM, Inkinsurgent said:

i think i caught a shot of the new haedn somewhere on instagram - looked sick. Is the wool cardigan lars is wearing in the concept store interview from the same season? field pant sounds like a reincarnation of the spec pant

if it was at pitti uomo/imagine then yea, thats the haedn. lars's cardigan thing isnt there -- the haedn series is an overshirt (a la the field from ss17), blazer (like the OG haedn but updated to match more closely to last season's indisce blazer), and a jacket (wool bomber a la nemis or older AV bomber designs with a collar closer to the dyadic cardi than the graph cardi). field pant sorta like spec pant, but spec pant's cargo pocket is closer to the way apparat and align pant do it. think of the pockets that you see on the field jacket and overshirt, but on a pant.. somehow.. lol i didnt get any pics sry

5 hours ago, labdeal said:

Have there been any changes to the bags?

i think the seque has super minimal changes if at all, maybe improved zipper and thats it. visually, not that i can tell.

the nomin gets redesigned, but damn its expensive lol. i dont know if its an upgrade, depends on ur use case, but basically it removes the side handle and vertical internal pockets, so using it 'briefcase style' is over. the problem with this for me is i dont like taking my bag off, instead i like to draw the bag under my arm and access everything while the bag rests horizontally in front of me on my belt buckle or whatever.

in the new nomin its dump pockets are oriented horizontally across the top of the bag like a traditional dump pocket, but that means (maybe) you might have to take the bag off to more comfortably access its contents. you could draw it and reach into it from the side, but its not as secure or as intuitive. also, its like a hundred dollars more expensive lol

on the plus side, the capacity of the front compartment and rear compartment are basically reversed. bigger, full zip with one internal pocket on the front (easier access, feels roomier), while the smaller 3/4 zip pocket contains the laptop divider thing, which has been redone. this is better imo because you want your laptop to have less room to move around, and a smaller compartment acts more like a rigid slot/organization panel. that means no more bungee cord and cobrax snap to keep stuff in place! instead, it uses hidden internal magnets and more clever layout as described to hold everything more securely.

straps around the yoke area seem to be slightly redesigned too.

that said, idk if it's an upgrade. its just different

4 hours ago, Inkinsurgent said:

them f17 colors

basically its a lot of colors we've seen before: peat, ash, soot, black, dark navy. then some ss17 returns: utility, mid navy. douro becomes straight up maroon as you can see in that gram, and you get more of a spectrum of navy with a true navy instead of too dark or too mid like past seasons

2 hours ago, branespload said:

if it was at pitti uomo/imagine then yea, thats the haedn. lars's cardigan thing isnt there -- the haedn series is an overshirt (a la the field from ss17), blazer (like the OG haedn but updated to match more closely to last season's indisce blazer), and a jacket (wool bomber a la nemis or older AV bomber designs with a collar closer to the dyadic cardi than the graph cardi). field pant sorta like spec pant, but spec pant's cargo pocket is closer to the way apparat and align pant do it. think of the pockets that you see on the field jacket and overshirt, but on a pant.. somehow.. lol i didnt get any pics sry

i think i know what you mean re:field pockets on a pant. positioned a la the apparat/align pocket position but flapped like the jkt/shirt. 

wool bomber might be the thing lars is wearing in the interview pics. has a riri zipper unlike the cardigans. this also reminds me he appeared to be wearing heathered grey full-wool pants in the older intelligence interview.

edit: fifth, sixth and seventh item from the left in that instagram pic appear to be cardigan-collared jackets with a noticable texture. 

also: the new 3-in-1  in the same pic was snuck into some of the intelligence interview pics and is supposed to retail for $1950.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

ehhh i caught lars at the store opening and i caught the new line at liberty fairs in nyc last week and i dont think the haedn jacket is what lars was wearing in that interview. he was wearing wool pants but they were pilling like crazy at the pockets so idk how old those prototypes were lol

the haedn bomber does have detailed cuffs and a ykk excella zip like the monitor coat and cardis.

the 5-6-7 you pointed out are graph cardis

here's a photo of the booth when i swung by on the last day of liberty fairs, didnt get to snap detailed pics

X0iI8eP.jpg

Thanks branespload, great answers, as usual.

Interesting re Nomin. I like the horizontal layout on the current version, but the new laptop compartment sounds good. 

Did you handle the Haedn pieces? How did you like the fabric?

On 1/29/2017 at 4:04 AM, Inkinsurgent said:

12 hours ago, branespload said:

if it was at pitti uomo/imagine then yea, thats the haedn. lars's cardigan thing isnt there -- the haedn series is an overshirt (a la the field from ss17), blazer (like the OG haedn but updated to match more closely to last season's indisce blazer), and a jacket (wool bomber a la nemis or older AV bomber designs with a collar closer to the dyadic cardi than the graph cardi).

Here's the Haedn pic from Pitti that I found on IG (https://www.instagram.com/p/BPLVZfTDeif/). Can't really figure out what's going on with that neckline/collar. Anyway, glad to hear that the Haedn is coming back in multiple forms -- the OG Haedn is probably my favorite Veilance piece.haedn f17.jpg

Okay, it seems like the production move to China for all the AW17 trousers, even including some jackets, is now certain. I felt like the principle they have been sticking with is now conveniently ditched. Really, really disappointed about this. What's everyone's thought on this?

23 minutes ago, damagedroid said:

Okay, it seems like the production move to China for all the AW17 trousers, even including some jackets, is now certain. I felt like the principle they have been sticking with is now conveniently ditched. Really, really disappointed about this. What's everyone's thought on this?

Better from China than no Veilance at all. The quality of the mainline is still great.

From a quality standpoint it doesn't matter. QC requirements won't change.

From a brand positioning standpoint, "made in vancouver" fits a boutique image and comes with a definite sense of romance. However, AV has slowly been moving away from the uber-niche boutique image and towards a more accessible brand position. Essentially trading exclusivity for scale. This is apparent both in the streamlining of the seasonal collections and in their retail presence. 

This may take some getting used to for longtime enthousiasts, but on the other hand they're showing some of the strongest designs yet and that's what counts. 

Quality no doubt will remain very high even being manufactured in China.

I have been a longtime user of their mainline when everything was made in Vancouver and when they switched over to be manufactured abroad I had concern over their quality. Since then, the quality has remained extremely high and if there is a defect, the warranty team is very prompt to resolve it.

As for Veilance starting to shift its manufacturing to China, I am afraid there will be an increase of fake Veilance in the market. We will have to be more stringent when buying second hand. At the same time, the quantity of Veilance items will be far greater now, making it easier to find small sizes. I wear XS, most of the times, this is the first size to go and takes a long time for it to re-stock, leading buying most items full retail, which sucks. Large and XLarge seems to linger around during sales.

Only time will tell, if this is for better or for worse. Hang-on tight everyone.