arcteryx veilance

On 14.1.2017 at 3:49 PM, branespload said:

lmao i didnt realize my camera is that hd wtheck anyway hope this helps

Hi branespload 

thanks for the video. 

Can you say something on the weight for the field shirt and the conduct?

Is the conduct lighter than the arris?

is the field shirt like one of the frame shirts? S/S or L/S?

And by the way as I was asking about the achrom previously. I decided to get another field is jacket as it's longer and better covering  the neck. 

8 hours ago, droffen said:

Hi branespload 

thanks for the video. 

Can you say something on the weight for the field shirt and the conduct?

Is the conduct lighter than the arris?

is the field shirt like one of the frame shirts? S/S or L/S?

And by the way as I was asking about the achrom previously. I decided to get another field is jacket as it's longer and better covering  the neck. 

re: weight

conduct is lighter than the arris, but it's like, by a few grams

field shirt is not like the frame shirt. in the video i mention many times it's a thicker structured shirt, and you can see it compared to my frame tee underneath. it's not a drapey merino type like the composite, component, frame ss or frame ls at all.

and yeah, achrom has a shaped collar specifically designed for mobility, access, and comfort (shaped collar and shorter sleeves and body / notched hems / goretex c-knit, respectively). it comes at the cost of protection and coverage.

Quick Q: I sent my Actuator Jacket(s) back to Arc'teryx (Veilance) for repair due to the cuffs losing all their elasticity over the years and apparently at least one of the two cannot be repaired anymore & they offered to replace with one of the newer Arris jackets.

Does anyone know how the Arris Jacket fits compared to the Actuator ones? I wear / wore a Medium for the Actuator and it did fit spot-on.. but I never tried an Arris one on.. and maybe someone knows first hand how those compare?

i havent tried on an actuator but from my research before deciding on the arris, my understanding is that the arris is just an evolved version of the actuator with better goretex and a few more features. the fit (as far as sizing) should be the same as they're both meant to be spring/summer shells you dont really layer under with come fw (unlike the monitor, which is roomier throughout). hopefully someone with both can chime in though

I hear a lot about people washing their clothes using grangers, but does anyone have experience with nikwax cotton proof concentrate? Seems like it would work better than just using a regular tech wash for cleaning and (minimally) improving water resistance on cotton garments.

Thinking about using it on my Voronoi AR and apparat...

Seems that the nikwax cotton proof concentrate you are talking about is a so called wash in waterproofing. 

So means you have to clean your clothes before with a separate cleaning detergent and as a second step using this nikwax stuff to re-apply the water repellancy. 

Just received a Cerium SL jacket from their standard collection. For a very reasonable price  

I thought I'd like it as layering piece. But I cannot say exactly

- dont like the cut, design, fit

- dont like the materials especially the mixture of core loft at sleeves and underarms and the outer fabrics  - feels and looks like a plastic bottle

- Arcteryx logo isn't as stealth as Veilance 

Once again a reason stick to Veilance and pay the premium. 

On 11/01/2017 at 11:53 PM, Shuyuan said:

Hi, anybody feels the sleeve of Veilance product is always too long? My monitor coat and Arris and Component Shirt fit me perfect except the sleeve.

Not sure if it's more flexible in SS17 products?

i was told this by a friend in jp, and also get this impression when looking at various stock photos over the years (whether it's accurate or not is a different story). i have shorter arms than most other 6'1 dudes so its one of the main reasons why i've always hesitated taking the plunge. no stockists in australia and most online retailers have fairly strict return policies.

Edited by conqueror

6 hours ago, droffen said:

Just received a Cerium SL jacket from their standard collection. For a very reasonable price  

I thought I'd like it as layering piece. But I cannot say exactly

- dont like the cut, design, fit

- dont like the materials especially the mixture of core loft at sleeves and underarms and the outer fabrics  - feels and looks like a plastic bottle

- Arcteryx logo isn't as stealth as Veilance 

Once again a reason stick to Veilance and pay the premium. 

Not really sure what else you were expecting when you purchased that jacket...I can't imagine "puffer" jackets to be Veilance's thing.

i still think there's room to mix mainline arc and veilance. a lot of mainline covers holes (functionality wise) in some of the veilance offerings.

for example that cerium SL paired with like, a monitor coat can get you theoretically similar warmth to the monitor down, but you have the versatility of having just a shell for year round use. the heaviest standalone insulator in veilance would be the mionn IS, but that wouldnt compare to 850 fill down on the cerium.

on its own, yea the cerium wont look as nice. also its down, so i'd worry about getting it wet.. hopefully you've got a nice shell you can throw over the cerium lol

7 hours ago, branespload said:

i still think there's room to mix mainline arc and veilance. a lot of mainline covers holes (functionality wise) in some of the veilance offerings.

for example that cerium SL paired with like, a monitor coat can get you theoretically similar warmth to the monitor down, but you have the versatility of having just a shell for year round use. the heaviest standalone insulator in veilance would be the mionn IS, but that wouldnt compare to 850 fill down on the cerium.

on its own, yea the cerium wont look as nice. also its down, so i'd worry about getting it wet.. hopefully you've got a nice shell you can throw over the cerium lol

Cerium SL plus monitor coat is a really perfect combination. Wearing them nearly all winter and can deal with various situations.

Starting FW17, The Voronoi AR pants will be stocked in size 31 and 35 (not sure about 29).

30 has always been too tight, while 32 being slightly too big. I'm so glad 31 will be produced. I'm definitely gonna instakop once they drop without any hesitation - such a great pair of pants.

No plans of the Align Shell Jacket to be rereleased as of yet... :-(

Edited by dawn

2 hours ago, matthewcng said:

Not Veilance, but I came across this Oshman's Black Edition Arro 22. What do you guys think?

It was a limited edition of 50, only released in Japan, to celebrate opening of Oshman's store.

sim.jpg

Can you show more detail of the logo on the bag? Is it also pure black?

Also is there any other limited edition of mainline product in Japan? Can I find them in Osaka stores? Oshman is not in my travel plan.

Thanks~

1 minute ago, Shuyuan said:

Can you show more detail of the logo on the bag? Is it also pure black?

Also is there any other limited edition of mainline product in Japan? Can I find them in Osaka stores? Oshman is not in my travel plan.

Thanks~

I don't own this bag, but I ordered one when I came across it on gilt.com. When I receive it, I will take more picture of it and post it here.

I came across the blacked out logo on gilt.com, HERE , and was curious about it and i did some searching on google.

Below are some links talking about this bag.

- Official Annoucement of the bag, ¥30,240, 2/3 of the page down, http://www.oshmans.co.jp/category/shopblog/tachikawa

- Someone did a review to this bag, but his has the white pull tab, http://whattodotomorrow.net/en/arcteryx-arro-22-backpack-review-2/

- Yahoo Japan Auction, selling at a premium, range from ¥39,000 - 45,000, http://closedsearch.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/closedsearch/arro+22+別注/0/

Pulled a picture of the black logo from one of the yahoo japan auction listing.

hitmanlab-img450x600-1481099156zcsbnp8830.jpg

2 hours ago, dawn said:

Starting FW17, The Voronoi AR pants will be stocked in size 31 and 35 (not sure about 29).

hmm so starting FW17 voronoi AR will come in 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 36 from what ive heard. not 35. also, no 28s (im sad about this)

voronoi will still have option for 32" or 35" inseams, rest of pants will likely be 32.5" standard as usual

also pants will be made in china starting fw17…

edit: but only the pants, everything else is in canada

Edited by branespload
clarifying detail

3 minutes ago, branespload said:

hmm so starting FW17 voronoi AR will come in 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 36 from what ive heard. not 35. also, no 28s (im sad about this)

Serious? No more size 28?

Are they shifting the whole Veilance line to be made in China as well?

Very sad hearing about it.

37 minutes ago, branespload said:

voronoi will still have option for 32" or 35" inseams, rest of pants will likely be 32.5" standard as usual

Hmm, the info I was given was from a rep I spoke to on the phone recently.

Made in China? Well, that changes everything.

In other news, my Mionn IS Vest has been getting a lot of use this  winter. It's a very great layering piece. I used to have the Mionn IS jacket, but I needed something more versatile that would work under my tailored jackets, and this thing is perfect.

2 hours ago, matthewcng said:

I don't own this bag, but I ordered one when I came across it on gilt.com. When I receive it, I will take more picture of it and post it here.

I came across the blacked out logo on gilt.com, HERE , and was curious about it and i did some searching on google.

Below are some links talking about this bag.

- Official Annoucement of the bag, ¥30,240, 2/3 of the page down, http://www.oshmans.co.jp/category/shopblog/tachikawa

- Someone did a review to this bag, but his has the white pull tab, http://whattodotomorrow.net/en/arcteryx-arro-22-backpack-review-2/

- Yahoo Japan Auction, selling at a premium, range from ¥39,000 - 45,000, http://closedsearch.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/closedsearch/arro+22+別注/0/

Pulled a picture of the black logo from one of the yahoo japan auction listing.

hitmanlab-img450x600-1481099156zcsbnp8830.jpg

Cool, man! Appreciate for the info.!

3 hours ago, branespload said:

i know full well the pants will be every bit as good made in china, and still some part of me feels like it makes the line just a little bit less exclusive.