arcteryx veilance

Can anyone comment on the difference in fit between these and the Indisce's, esp how the changes in articulation read when worn?  Looking to pick a pair of those up but I think the voronois look extra flattering because of the way the leg is cut.

So the Indisce are more of a slim fit throughout rather than the Voronoi's looser top block with the taper past the knee. Like in your side profile you'll see how the Voronoi knee bulges out a bit, there isn't much of that in the Indisce.

You'll have less range of motion in the Indisce because it's slimmer through the thigh, but the Windstopper softshell textile does have a tiny bit of stretch feeling to it (3% elastane) that helps with mobility.

Here some pics I had of me in a new pair of Indisce (28) and my washed/dried Voronoi (28 x 32) which shrink down a lil. You can see from the back view of the Indisce how much slimmer it is, then in the next two pics you can compare the thigh/knee room compared to the Voronoi.

imo, the indisce are more flattering on me, and would prob look even better after hemming it a lil. of the two, i'd say the voronoi would prob get the most use out of me year round. the indisce are still amazing but a bit on the technical side because of the softshell feel (also makes swishy noises). definitely worth looking into though, i think they're different enough to warrant owning both lol *extremely enabler voice*

5LBjCsz.jpg

Edited by branespload

i had the opposite experience: the voronoi ar was way too restricting for me. couldn't even sit down in it. i contemplated sizing up but the next size up was gone already. then i got the indisces (also sized one up) and the range of motion in these is great. just the right amount of stretch.

the swishy sounds are indeed a thing, i've already had two people comment on it.

interesting. i've gone back and edited my post to clarify that both my voronoi AR and indisce were sz 28 (voronoi AR was a 32 that shrunk a lil bit/drapes better after wear + wash/dry, indisce i believe is the standard 32.5" inseam fresh.)

since they're both the same size i can't really attest to sizing up or down on these, so my comparison is between the two. i do squat/deadlift or whatever but not as heavy these days… i wouldn't consider myself a tall/lanky type of build either.

i'd say of this season's pants, the anode is most restricting to me, even though they look similar to the voronoi. it tapers aggressively and is pretty long so the calf gets tight + stacks like crazy on me haha

the voronoi is a great pattern but it either needs stretch or some more room in the ass and thighs relative to its sizing. i also think the pattern would work well in a slightly more relaxed silhouette. would help with the knee bags too. 

I love my FW16 Voronoi AR, don't find them restricting at all. However, no pants in my closet get as much wear as my black Apparats. These are my two most worn pants overall, even more than acrnm P20-S. 

My only gripe with the Voronoi is the length, which I wish was just a little bit shorter. Seeing branespload mention that a wash/dry shrunk his a bit I  might give that a try. How hot did you dry them? I usually hang dry all my good stuff... 

Hmm, I feel pretty confident about the durability of the Voronois so I did a cold wash with Granger's tech wash and low tumble dry.

For good measure I also tossed in a Frame SS in the dryer on low and it made it fit me better with that little bit of shrinkage. If you like the fit of it new then just do a cold/gentle wash and hang dry.

That said, I should note all the pants from this season can be hemmed fairly easily, since once it gets past the knee articulation it's just that one seam down the back of the calf. The Voronoi comes in 32 and 35 inseams for convenience but even the longer ones like the Anode and Indisce at 32.5" can be hemmed

edit: also, idk, would wanna hear your guys opinion on this, but i think the Voronoi look nice cuffed. I do that sometimes. But you can't do it on the Indisce as nicely since it has that soft fleece type lining that'd contrast weird with the softshell exterior

Edited by branespload

Hmm, I feel pretty confident about the durability of the Voronois so I did a cold wash with Granger's tech wash and low tumble dry.

For good measure I also tossed in a Frame SS in the dryer on low and it made it fit me better with that little bit of shrinkage. If you like the fit of it new then just do a cold/gentle wash and hang dry.

That said, I should note all the pants from this season can be hemmed fairly easily, since once it gets past the knee articulation it's just that one seam down the back of the calf. The Voronoi comes in 32 and 35 inseams for convenience but even the longer ones like the Anode and Indisce at 32.5" can be hemmed

edit: also, idk, would wanna hear your guys opinion on this, but i think the Voronoi look nice cuffed. I do that sometimes. But you can't do it on the Indisce as nicely since it has that soft fleece type lining that'd contrast weird with the softshell exterior

I cuffed my voronois all the time in the summer (and still do in this weird weather DC has been having), and I agree that they look good like that, just depends on the look you're going for. 

Have em cuffed in the pic I posted and love how the hem is canted towards the back due to the knee articulation.  From the front they look extra tapered too.

Have em cuffed in the pic I posted and love how the hem is canted towards the back due to the knee articulation.  From the front they look extra tapered too.

I don't see the seam tape in that pic. How do you have them rolled? Or is it just hidden?

I don't see the seam tape in that pic. How do you have them rolled? Or is it just hidden?

Veilance pants are paneled/constructed in such a way that there's only a seam down the back of the calf. From the front and side you won't see em

Veilance pants are paneled/constructed in such a way that there's only a seam down the back of the calf. From the front and side you won't see em

Yes, that's true. I guess the light strip of the tape could look ok on the back of the cuff. I may give it a try with mine. 

You can turn up the lapels on the Gabrel and button up. It's not leisure-suit really, is more like Veilance's take on the 'Jean' jacket. Hence the short length. That said, I'm also surprised to sell it return as only two retailers bothered to stock it last season. Well as long as it's around there's hope that a future iteration will use a straight collar

field shirt is a must buy

curious what the new lightweight pant pattern is - maybe just the old voronoi ar pattern with the vertical hand pockets

suprised to see the gabrel return

pant is rumored to be like a veilance take on a carpenter/utility pant with lots of storage in a sleek, unobtrusive layout. pockets in pockets type deal, i think there'll be interesting intersections of front, back, and cargo pockets.

also, did you guys hear about the leather goods at the NYC store? i was literally the first customer lol and picked up the card case. havent put it to use yet but will soon. intelligence piece on them

Veilance-laminated-leather-2.jpg

http://www.intelligencemagazine.com/news/2016/11/2/arcteryx-veilance-low-profile-leather-goods

pant is rumored to be like a veilance take on a carpenter/utility pant with lots of storage in a sleek, unobtrusive layout. pockets in pockets type deal, i think there'll be interesting intersections of front, back, and cargo pockets.

also, did you guys hear about the leather goods at the NYC store? i was literally the first customer lol and picked up the card case. havent put it to use yet but will soon. intelligence piece on them

Veilance-laminated-leather-2.jpg

http://www.intelligencemagazine.com/news/2016/11/2/arcteryx-veilance-low-profile-leather-goods

want the bi-fold! been looking for a wallet like this for ages! had to be released only in one store on the other side of the planet.

pant is rumored to be like a veilance take on a carpenter/utility pant 

Is this going to be comparable to the old Canvas Jean pant? Wasn't ltwt, but I've been hoping they'd re-issue for the last 5 (?) years.

SuE's point about wearing the Gabriel up is the only way it looks ok. But, there shouldn't be notched lapels in a 'jean' jacket. Period.

the gabrel's pattern seems to be primarily based on the m41 field jacket, which is in line with their other items reimagining military classics.

that sounds amazing (because lets face it, we're all about that pocket life in here), but it's not the pant in the pictures. it looks like a minimalist summer chino/trouser in the LT nylon fabric.

also, i will literally sell over the rights to my firstborn child to have that veilance billfold. 

also: what's the guy handling the billfold in the pictures wearing? the cuffs tell me it's definitely dead bird.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

Is this going to be comparable to the old Canvas Jean pant? Wasn't ltwt, but I've been hoping they'd re-issue for the last 5 (?) years.

i havent been put onto veilance that long ago so i cant confidently compare

that sounds amazing (because lets face it, we're all about that pocket life in here), but it's not the pant in the pictures. it looks like a minimalist summer chino/trouser in the LT nylon fabric.

also, i will literally sell over the rights to my firstborn child to have that veilance billfold. 

also: what's the guy handling the billfold in the pictures wearing? the cuffs tell me it's definitely dead bird.

lol well this is veilance we're talking about here. if it looks like a minimalist summer chino in an LT nylon fabric, but it somehow unzips and you have a ton of storage and organization hidden in plain sight, then that seems pretty veilance to me (but i could be completely wrong here lol)

dudes cuffs r veilance, prob a sample/prototype cuz its lars in the interview w/ intelligence

Do you know how much is it for the leather card holder?

And could anyone proxy this item for me.

retail is 150 on the cardholder, i think after tax i paid 163? its even less expensive than a frame SS which kinda blows my mind lol. theres only 50 wallets total IIRC (across all 3 styles) so there might not be any left by now

edit: "THAT POCKET LIFE"

IANmwoE.jpg

Edited by branespload

branespload: could you share some detailed pictures of the card case?

thanks

CT4LKNA.jpg

DftgRWl.jpg

IwvOv6D.jpg

06uForW.jpg

br68Zkp.jpg

Stcm9uX.jpg

JZz9kxN.jpg

VEdUNZ5.jpg

sry some of these r out of focus, im kinda half asleep/just caffeinated so i cant really see

i have a running log of impressions/feedback of the case, but it's only day 2 of use

and i hate you guys, im prob gonna buy the bifold too now