arcteryx veilance

• 2 weeks later...

Was just skimming through the veilance site and noticed this comment in the description of the Partition AR coat:

" but now now in an unassuming cotton-faced GORE-TEX® fabric"

Can anyone confirm that has seen the fw16 version in person that it is a different face fabric from previous seasons?

Was just skimming through the veilance site and noticed this comment in the description of the Partition AR coat:

Can anyone confirm that has seen the fw16 version in person that it is a different face fabric from previous seasons?

Veilance recalled and replaced my cotton-faced Galvanic IS from fw14.  The recall was due to color fading of the cotton-goretex shell.  I would propose that the new material is probably more resilient to fading, as they also had to recall another Veilance jacket (Imbric) due to the same issue. While I cant concretely confirm, its likely safe to assume they are using an updated cotton-gore fabric.

That is a copy error. Thanks for calling it out I'll see that it's corrected.

Inkinsurgent is correct, the Partition AR and the Galvanic both have a 100% nylon face.

achrom mineral in XS copped :') time to save up and not buy clothes until ss17 lol

fit pic in case anyone is interested in 5'6"/124lb

tumblr_odahawWNwl1ta2iogo1_500.jpg

EDIT: wait now im rly hoping mineral doesn't get super dirty LOL. it's a really beautiful color of grey -- looks very bright under certain light, it has a tiny bit of greencast to it as opposed to purple or blue, indoors/under fluorescent lighting it appears a bit darker grey (closer to Ash than Soot). nice change of pace from black

Edited by branespload

smh can i double post in here? just wanted to show what i meant by the Mineral color changing depending on lighting

top is indoors low light, bottom is indirect sunlight. most product shots you'll see are well lit so they'll look like the icy grey in the second pic (official site & haven). no filter

tumblr_odd2qed0xY1ta2iogo1_540.jpgtumblr_odd2qed0xY1ta2iogo2_540.jpg

Selling a 2016 (w/side entry pockets) field jacket in black, essentially new without tags (I'll see if I kind find them). Worn once for a few hours, includes garment bag. 

$650 OBO.

EDIT: Forgot about the sales thread, not sure how to delete posts....

But in case anyone knows, is there a version of the Nemis in Playa that has contrasting collars and cuffs and then a version that doesn't? The Veilance stock photo makes it look like its all one color but other photos have contrasting stretch material (which I think looks way better). 

Edited by jacktru

Nah I think it's just the way the Veilance stock photos look. IRL they're slightly contrasting, here's another pic for reference:

1459824073-ema2016-04-05-11.jpg

via http://loftman.co.jp/e-ma/67674

For my black Nemis and Apparat anyway, some parts/details appear black, other parts/paneling appear more navy.

• 2 weeks later...

true to size, but slim with no stretch. size up if you're in between sizes or have a big ass or thighs.

I've never been able to fit into a pair of Veilance pants comfortably because they're too tight on my thighs and calves, even at sizes too big for my waist. They're just not designed for people that train legs, period. 

I've never been able to fit into a pair of Veilance pants comfortably because they're too tight on my thighs and calves, even at sizes too big for my waist. They're just not designed for people that train legs, period. 

agree on the cotton twill voronois. returned mine because i was afraid i'd bust out of them sitting down. the 100% nylon ones are great. also got the indisces and they're very comfortable with copious amounts of stretch.

edit: my dream voronois would be a nylon/cotton/elastane blend like acr used in their CH melange pants. the drape and weight of cotton with the stretch and resiliency of nylon. yes please.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

for those prices you're definitely not getting veilance. too bad they're not using pictures of the actual knockoff product, would've been interesting to see how close it is. 

still in shock about how closely copied that acrnm blazer was.

Love veilance. I really appreciate the versatility of the brand. It's really...self-actualized, not really noticed more intrinsic and self appreciated than other brands. Like supreme elevated basic outerwear. I don't know if that's a backhanded compliment but I love the brand, they popped my techwear cherry when I first got a field jacket several years ago.

This season I bought several veilance pieces: Field Jacket (M), Voronoi AR (33), Indisce Pant (33), and a Graph Cardigan (M).

Summary of thoughts on each piece.

Field Jacket: the veilance mainstay, it's essentially an evolved M65—same concealed hood style, pleated shoulders, and outer pocket layout. It adds side entry pockets to the front two and does away with the epaulets and deployable angled cuffs. It also features a unique cuff tightening system with pull tabs on the webbing. Office wearable, nondescript and provides a great amount of motion due to . Brilliant face fabric, it's a heavy gauge thread that has the feel of an 1st Generation ECWCS jacket, really tough feeling. My field jacket from 6 years ago feels less refined fit-wise and fabric-wise.

Voronoi AR: Let me first say I love the SS16 Voronois. This is a hardier material but this iteration has lost the stretch and airy feel of the full nylon. Like the other Voronois they have a great looking slim geometric patterning with angular scoop pockets and knee articulation that isn't super pronounced. The proprietary locking snap closes the waist with the nylon belt loops. The lines on the Voronoi remind me of panel lines on a Gundam or EVA. The fabric blend is similar to the apparats but not as peached. I think I prefer the fully nylon ones but the peat color and cut is still there so I still really like these pants.

Indisce Pant: Windstopper pants. Hard stop. Less articulated than the Voronoi but stretchier and slimmer with front slant pockets. These feel like less militarized P10-DS pants. I like them but haven't worn them in the Seattle rainy season.

Graph Cardigan: Really nondescript low profile warmth. This is my go-to office-is-too-cold sweater. Really pill resistant. Fairly slim, if you like things a bit looser, size up.

Had to finally give a shout out to the best windbreaker of late—the nemis. Reminiscent of a tanker's jacket, lightweight nylon, weird elastic cuffs that mimic thicker ribbing but are super pill resistant. Really interesting side entry pocket front pockets that allow for full access to the front of the jacket. The pockets in the front run the length of the jacket's front panels.