arcteryx veilance

Thinking about picking up a Field jacket. Does anyone know what's the difference between the Field IS and the regular Field? Is it just the thickness?

Thanks!

Insulated is warmer than the regular field

Insulated below

s-l1600.jpg

Regular Field Jacket below

s-l1600.jpg

Anybody try on the F/W 2015 Monitor Down coat? The white looks great  :D

Monitor-Down-Coat-Dendrite.jpg

http://veilance.arcteryx.com/product.aspx?language=EN&gender=mens&collection=Veilance_Collection_Fall_2015&model=Monitor-Down-Coat

Edited by JasonLee

That difference - insulation or not - makes a world of difference, by the way. The IS is good (around freezing) for just wearing a shirt underneath and easily too warm when it's above freezing; the regular does the opposite and pretty much requires one to wear a sweater or blazer underneath as soon as temps get towards freezing (which would easily get too hot under the IS).

(Of course, YMMV.)

A few quick questions about the Mionn IS Vest. Is the material similar to that of the Arc'teryx Atom Lt line. Also in comparison how thick is the insulation in the Mionn.

In terms of fit, I wear a Partition LT in small (with a blazer underneath) and a Node IS in XS.

Based on the measurements in MR Porter I'd be a small but was wondering if someone who owns one could comment on how the fit. Thanks.

mionn is vest - 40 g

atom lt vest - 60 g

mionn is jacket - 80 g in uper back and upper chest, 60 g elsewhere

atom lt jacket - 60 g

atom ar jacket - 80 g and 120 g - not sure of mapping/layout

in terms of fit,

call me an anomally,

call me an idiot

for i take xl in veilance

and xl in the regular shit

Edited by merzbot

Can't believe all the love of Ordesa Green, he said,

standing there in a Graph sweater in Ordesa Green,

looking at Stealth Shirts in Ordesa Green,

trying to convince himself that the Indisce Blazer

(on sale a few months back) would have been

a really bad addition in Ordesa Green...

:-p

One of the dudes at the DC store knows me well. Popped in to get some tech wash because I ran out and didn't feel like schlepping all the way out to REI. "You're a medium, right?" he asks. Turns out they got a single Indisce blazer in a delivery this week and it was my size. 

So, anyone had experiences with the Anode Pant yet? I just asked The Bird about its durability, and they told me they haven't heard of any issues, but the material is the same as on the Voronoi - which disintegrated within a few months in all the worst places.

I'm reminded of choice words I heard from Conroy Nachtigall...

Not good, that. (Or is nobody having issues?)

One of the dudes at the DC store knows me well. Popped in to get some tech wash because I ran out and didn't feel like schlepping all the way out to REI. "You're a medium, right?" he asks. Turns out they got a single Indisce blazer in a delivery this week and it was my size. 

That's awesome! Been eyeing the Indisce too.

I went in yesterday and asked about the indisce and they said they didnt stock it. I guess I should become better friends with them and they wont hold out on me.

I went in yesterday and asked about the indisce and they said they didnt stock it. I guess I should become better friends with them and they wont hold out on me.

I think they got it by accident; they didn't have any other sizes, just one size M. 

Will Veilance ever make a leather jacket? Should they?

I'd be suprised if they hadn't explored their options re: leather. 

Can any arcteryx gurus help me out with naming the model of this jacket / softshell ?

arc%203_zpsjuaoh1zq.jpg

arc%202_zpsdaird6kl.jpg

Try emailing arc'teryx - they're pretty cool about stuff like this. Looks like it'd have to be a very, very early piece as there's a lot of stuff going on there that they haven't done for years.