arcteryx veilance

Anyone picked up the Arc'teryx Veilance Mionn IS Three-Quater Jacket this year and can advise on sizing? I'm in between an M and L.

Also, which Arc'teryx blazer and pants would you recommend? I'm trying to decide between the Indisce blazer or blazer LT. Anode pants vs liminal as well.

This is for a work/professional wardrobe, thanks!

@zer0cool:  Wearing my Blazer LT (black) at work today for the first time, over my usual dark blue Columbia technical shirt, 501s, and black pebblegrain Doc Martens.  Decided to test it on animals.  Result:  Three actual wows in my first 25 feet down the hall this morning.  Jaws swinging like gates all day.  I apparently look "sharp".

Slick-looking jacket, useful pockets, classic two-button cut, comfortable to wear, not at all flashy, and it sheds light rain quite nicely.  I'd buy it again.

The indisce and lt are wildly different - the former is an outwear piece with a windstopper membrane and a low nap fleecy backer. The latter is a wafer-thin nylon ultralight hot weather piece. In a professional context it might be important to know that neither will pass for an actual suit jacket, consider them 21st century sports coats. 

I feel that Blazer LT and Liminal pants will work better in the work environment (assuming it takes place indoors). 

Still, I wish there was a blazer with sort of medium thick fabric and with less cold and synthetic hand.

Coming late to this, so can only second Inkinsurgent and Brainboy above.

Indisce and LT are pretty much opposite ends of the spectrum; LT is about as light and thin as anything can get and still look somewhat like a blazer (and they aren't wrong with the "like a fitted shirt" description); Indisce and other blazers are really outerwear that can also handle a bit of cold and wetness, but will be like a (thicker) wool blazer indoors, i.e., warm.

The Haedn actually does feel less synthetic, Brainboy - but quite hard on the outside face, very much unlike the synthetic material with its soft (if cold) feel...

Now I wonder how O1O6's jacket and coat would fit into an office setting. Probably depends on whether it's a bank or a design agency ;)

I feel that Blazer LT and Liminal pants will work better in the work environment (assuming it takes place indoors). 

Still, I wish there was a blazer with sort of medium thick fabric and with less cold and synthetic hand.

the f12 liminal blazer would fit this description. Schoeller treated cotton face, no membrane or fleece. Came in some really interesting colors, too. 

Edited by Inkinsurgent

LT is about as light and thin as anything can get and still look somewhat like a blazer

Agreed. It's cheating, but my evaluation is that it's a good cheat. The cut, the silhouette, is definitely blazer. The cloth, and the fastenings and pocket placement and details (or lack of details) definitely aren't. But all my co-workers saw yesterday was the shape of the thing. "Why are you *dressed-up?*"

Anyone picked up the Arc'teryx Veilance Mionn IS Three-Quater Jacket this year and can advise on sizing? I'm in between an M and L.

Also, which Arc'teryx blazer and pants would you recommend? I'm trying to decide between the Indisce blazer or blazer LT. Anode pants vs liminal as well.

Indisce is lovely but a lot thicker so better for cold weather. Hope to get one soon. The Blazer LT is extremely versatile and waterproof, love mine. I have a L in grey that I've worn once that's too big for me if you want one cheap.

Not Vailance but; I'm thinking of getting either a Atom AR or and Atom LT to use as an insulator under my Feild Jacket LT. Recommendations? And whats the best stand alone jacket?

Getting a Mionn IS would also be great, but on a bit of a budget.

Agreed. It's cheating, but my evaluation is that it's a good cheat. The cut, the silhouette, is definitely blazer. The cloth, and the fastenings and pocket placement and details (or lack of details) definitely aren't. But all my co-workers saw yesterday was the shape of the thing. "Why are you *dressed-up?*"

Definitely; it's an excellent cheat and I'm happy I got mine (even thinking that the sleeves should have been a touch longer) - but on first unpacking, it was a bit shocking ;)

[Funny, btw, to see that my Blazer LT video has more than twice as many views as the Haedn one...]

Sounds good to me (kinda wish I had a normal Field Jacket instead of the IS, actually); just depends on how much insulation you want/need. Atom LT is pretty thin...

the AR on the other hand is pretty bulky and cut weird. Tried both before getting the Mionn jacket, which is more like the Atom LT jacket, even cut-wise. The AR is more on the "squarred" side. I had the feeling that length and width are the same.

Anyone know any NYC stockists other than Barneys?  I can't tell if their IS Field Jackets are from this year or last year (they only carry black which is in all seasons) and I'd like to try on this season's version.  I had trouble with the older ones cutting my armpits but according to their site:

"For this season, a trademark Veilance piece has been reappraised and altered with a more refined fit around the collar and shoulders, a new hand pocket configuration and a simplified front that removes the seam lines."

I'm not suffering through another NYC weather in a peacoat...

Also, the node fits better in the pits than last year but man, they ruined it with the new hood/collar - such an ugly/boring jacket now.

Edited by fals3

Anyone been able to (in person) compare the SS Nemis Jacket and this FW's Graph Cardigan? They look to be cut exactly the same, just made from a thinner vs. a thicker material - but how thin/thick, with what feel?

(Also, how does the slim fit of the Anode pants compare with that of the Voronoi?)

apples and oranges, really. the graph is a merino wool cardigan, an insulative piece with a sweaterlike handfeel and weight. the nemis is an ultra lightweight summer jacket/windbreaker made out of wafer thin stretch nylon. You'd use the graph under your coat, or wear it indoors when it gets chilly. the nemis is the type of jacket you stow in your bag and put on when the wind picks up on an otherwise sunny summer evening. 

A few quick questions about the Mionn IS Vest. Is the material similar to that of the Arc'teryx Atom Lt line. Also in comparison how thick is the insulation in the Mionn.

In terms of fit, I wear a Partition LT in small (with a blazer underneath) and a Node IS in XS.

Based on the measurements in MR Porter I'd be a small but was wondering if someone who owns one could comment on how the fit. Thanks.

A few quick questions about the Mionn IS Vest. Is the material similar to that of the Arc'teryx Atom Lt line. Also in comparison how thick is the insulation in the Mionn.

In terms of fit, I wear a Partition LT in small (with a blazer underneath) and a Node IS in XS.

Based on the measurements in MR Porter I'd be a small but was wondering if someone who owns one could comment on how the fit. Thanks.

tts

Iam wearing the Mionn Jacket in Small from previous season under Monitor in Small. 

tts

Iam wearing the Mionn Jacket in Small from previous season under Monitor in Small. 

Curious, do you think that will be warm enough for the winter? I was hoping to pick up the Align and Mionn IS Jacket both in a small to wear together since I had to replace my Patrol IS due to workmanship issues. Thanks

Edited by SonnyCheeba

tumblr_nxfirkKp1u1ul83who1_540.jpg

ARC'TERYX VEILANCE TRUNK SHOW

Address: 819 Queen Street W., Toronto, Ontario, M6J1G1

Date: November 12, 2015

Time: 6-9PM

INFO

My team and I at Nomad are hosting a trunk show with Arc'teryx Veilance to showcase the F/W 2015 and preview the S/S 2016 collections. All F/W 2015 styles will be available to try/buy and S/S 2016 will be open to preorders. We will be giving away 2 Seque Totes as well as some smaller goods (non-production items  ;)). If you're Toronto-based or in the city, feel free to drop by and say hi (ironically, I'll be the guy in Acronym). Refreshments will be provided.

If you're not local or unable to attend but are interested in previewing/shopping the collection remotely, let me know and I can set something up for you. You can contact me at [email protected].