arcteryx veilance

SALE UPDATE

If anyone is interested in the Diale (Sold out most places), Astic, and Sinter, they are on sale now at Michel Brisson in Montreal: 

http://michelbrisson.com/collections/arcteryx-veilance (Ships Internationally)

Mionn IS Vest in size large on sale for $245 US: 

http://www.eastdane.com/mionn-vest-arcteryx-veilance/vp/v=1/1561261633.htm?folderID=23661&colorId=12678 (Ships Internationally)

***Subset (S) and Isagon (S/M) jacket on sale at Gravity Pope:

http://www.gravitypope.com/clothing/product/4632-arc-teryx-veilance-12289-black-subset 

http://www.gravitypope.com/clothing/product/4625-arc-teryx-veilance-10513-sepia-isagon

More Veilance on sale (Still lots of styles and sizes): 

http://www.altitude-sports.com/en/arcteryx-veilance/mens-clothing (Only Ships within Canada)

http://www.sportinglife.ca/sportinglife/brand/15228/Veilance-By-Arcteryx (Only ships within Canada)

Also if anyone needs a Canadian proxy I may be able to help.

Edited by SonnyCheeba

Anyone recommend the nomin pack?

I've been wanting to pull the trigger for a while now.

http://brooklynclothingco.bigcartel.com/product/arc-terxy-veilance-nomin-pack

So I went to DC this weekend to the new Arc'teryx store. Which was phenomenal if not a bit small.  And I got my hands on the Nomin. 

I've been hesitant on it since the beginning and didn't really take an interest, however.

After seeing it in person, throwing it on, I instantly decided to buy it. Grabbed the last one in the store.

I've got a 2 week business trip in Asia starting this Friday and wanted a non messenger carry-on bag. It has some nice storage inside, an organizer in the back pocket for your laptop and documents/files/newspapers or magazines. And it has a flip out zipper pocket in the front main pocket.

Straps are nice and minimal and the fabric is gorgeous. Looks super durable.

I think for a day pack where I'll keep my laptop a dopp kit, my iPad, a spare set of skivvies and some books it's perfect. 

I'll post photos of it packed for the trip if anyone is interested in storage capacity.

I've read through this forum and have a few questions for those familiar with Veilance, specifically the Blazer LT and the Mionn IS vest. Ideally, I would try these items on to gain first hand knowledge however I don't a Veilance stockist nearby.

1) I've read it's recommended to size up +1 with the Veilance Blazer LT and Mionn IS vest -- is this a correct ? My measurements are 6'1", 200 lbs, 43 in chest...looking at size XL in both pieces rather than size L.

2) Will the Blazer LT work for tropical (warmer) weather...or should I view it as more of a cold weather coat/jacket? I travel to humid, rainy climate for work and typical blazers/sportcoats aren't an option. The Blazer LT seems like it may by a better, more lightweight alternative.

3) If the Mionn IS is slim fitting would it fit under an Atom LT (both size XL)?

I'm interested in other pros/cons and experience anyone may have.  Cheers.

Edited by ronin

Just a heads up to other owners of the galvanic is: stick to spot cleaning and don't machine wash it. I usually machine wash all my arc'teryx stuff with grangers as it's a good way to make sure water repellency stays up to par and to prevent the membrane from clogging up. However, even after just a month of wear a wash cycle left my galvanic with very noticable denim-style fading all along the seams and at most points of articulation. Most suprisingly, it also seems to have affected the dwr negatively. 

I think it's specially treated. There is a Japanese website that gives a detailed description of how artisanal the jacket is. I think arcteryx did some special coating to make nylon look like cotton. Maybe that special dye is not resistant to washing. That sucks really bad. I wish they could rectify this situation?

http://understudyshop.com/collections/arcteryx-veilance-1

40% off sale. only a few items left including a size small mionn is blazer in graphite. 

picked up one in black this season - surprisingly warm and very light weight. Great for layering. feels like wearing a heavier wool shirt without the itchiness. suggest sizing up (from usual veilance size) if you plan to wear it more as a blazer with anything thicker than a base layer or t-shirt. 

Edited by hiddenfortress

I've read through this forum and have a few questions for those familiar with Veilance, specifically the Blazer LT and the Mionn IS vest. Ideally, I would try these items on to gain first hand knowledge however I don't a Veilance stockist nearby.

1) I've read it's recommended to size up +1 with the Veilance Blazer LT and Mionn IS vest -- is this a correct ? My measurements are 6'1", 200 lbs, 43 in chest...looking at size XL in both pieces rather than size L.

2) Will the Blazer LT work for tropical (warmer) weather...or should I view it as more of a cold weather coat/jacket? I travel to humid, rainy climate for work and typical blazers/sportcoats aren't an option. The Blazer LT seems like it may by a better, more lightweight alternative.

3) If the Mionn IS is slim fitting would it fit under an Atom LT (both size XL)?

1) Do not size up, stay true to your size or size down. (I own both blazer and the vest)

2) LT is not a cold weather jacket (that would be Indisce or blazers before 2012), it's more like a light windshell. I think it might work in the tropics.

3) Mionn IS vest will fit under pretty much everything. Extremely compressible garment.

Both items are of course really well made and very nice. I can't think of any cons right now...other than the price.

Well, maybe the vest is rather thin and you can't expect it to be super warm, and the blazer may look odd in the crow of the super wool suits...but I'm sure you'll love it.

Previously I would have said the Mionn IS jacket should be sized up one from your usual Veilance size (hard to be sure of that before you start buying any!). But now I think my non-sized-up S is an overall better fit then the M I also got. Just a little constricting across the back if I reach forward. It would less of a potential problem with the vest. An S is also my mainline Arc'teryx jacket size.

The small Mionn IS jacket (last years) and small Blazer LT (this years) both have the same rear shoulder to shoulder measurement in the way I measure (fairly taut, 18").

I can fit the small Mionn IS jacket under a small Atom LT, but it does stick out at the front bottom a bit due to the higher cut of the Atom. So the vest should be fine overall.

I've only had the Blazer LT a week or two and it's summer so I've only worn it a couple of times. Really like it, but it can be a little bit noisy, a bit swishy, especially when donning and doffing. I think the pockets are better (esp. the internal ones) than the Mionn IS jacket.

1) If you are getting any of the mentioned pieces definitely go with XL. I order both Blazer LT and Mionn IS vest in XL but had to return them because they were tight, I'm 6'3" 220 lb and 44 in chest. For comparison I wear Atom LT in size L and it is spot on.

2) Blazer LT is a shell, no insulation

3) Mionn IS (XL) fits under the Atom LT (L) easy

So a lot of people have responded to this but I wanted to throw in my 2 cents as you are roughly my size and height (I'm 5'11", 185 lbs and 42" chest).

1. For the Blazer LT I would recommend sizing up to an XL (fits like a normal off the rack size 42 suit jacket). Sleeves will be a bit on the loose size but not bad and you will have room to layer underneath as this jacket. From my experience Veilance blazer fit 1 size smaller than listed. LG = size 40, XL = size 42. I own the LT and the Scann from FW2013 and both are XL where as the rest of my Veilance collection is size LG. For the Mionn vest I only have experience with the Mionn blazer IS which I wish I had purchased in an XL instead of a LG. The sizing is slightly smaller than my other pieces and while I can wear it, it is a bit on the snug side and because of this does not get put into regular rotation.

2. The Blazer LT is ideal for warm weather. It is a light shell jacket (DWR coated) with no membrane so breathability will be very high. You might get a little clammy underneath but only in the most humid and hot of conditions. I am traveling to Asia for 2 weeks this Friday to visit garment factories and I will be taking my Blazer LT for dinners at night and meetings. It packs up super small and unwrinkled after a night hung in the closet. It is my go to travel jacket.

3. Your Mionn should fit fine under an Atom LT if it is an XL. I will say this though, you really shouldn't need to double layer synthetic fill with both the Mionn and the Atom unless you are in some pretty nasty cold climates. If you want a layering vest I'd recommend the Unen vest from SS2014 it was a great hybrid knit vest.

• 2 weeks later...

You can see the reason if you watch my video review. Well, you'd hear about it, I didn't show the detail pictures: The mainly cotton material of last season gets destroyed very quickly, so Veilance is using a new material (or actually, one they used in the outdoors collection) in the SS pants.

And, the picture be as it may, it's Apparat and Voronoi in SS15. Wish there were others...

Not smart to take Nordstrom description accurately, but voronois with stretch??? Would be the ultimate.

it looks like the specs are for the apparats and the pictures are voronois.

if the ss15 voronois are the same material and cut as the  new model i got this fall, then there's no stretch to them.

And the isogon as well. I have both those jackets and like the material quite a bit.

The feel of the old Voronois is really nice but I am dismayed to have noticed mine slowly disintegrating along the seams and a small hole appearing, to corroborate with what others have reported. Nice to hear they're introducing a fabric with some stretch, presumably to counteract this tendency.

As always, liking the new colours.

I think it's specially treated. There is a Japanese website that gives a detailed description of how artisanal the jacket is. I think arcteryx did some special coating to make nylon look like cotton. Maybe that special dye is not resistant to washing. That sucks really bad. I wish they could rectify this situation?

the face fabric is cotton. i contacted their customer service, and was told that the fading of the face fabric is in fact by design, but i could send it in for further assessment. 

why anyone would want a minimalist jacket that costs about the same as an imac to look second hand within eight weeks is beyond me, though. 

Has the insulated field jacket changed season to season in any way besides color?

Specifically interested in this piece from the description on their website.

For this season, a trademark Veilance piece has been reappraised and altered with a more refined fit around the collar and shoulders, a new hand pocket configuration and a simplified front that removes the seam lines

Did they in fact make those alterations for the current season, or is this description a carry over for every season.  Thanks for any info.