arcteryx veilance

Veilance did some hats in seasons past. FW13 had the Lanau and Landaq beanies: http://veilance.arcteryx.com/Collections.aspx?EN (scroll down)

Oops. For some reason, when I checked the website on my phone, everything but the hats popped up.

They didn't have any hats in the "Veilance section" when I went to visit yesterday, but I did see some hats/gloves near their climbing backpacks section (near the cash register). I'm guessing all veilance is in one section so if it wasn't there, they don't have it.

VeilanceStock_zps20180c97.jpg

Edited by JasonLee

Hey I have a dumb/easy question, just could not find the answer...

Do the Veilance Shells (field jacket in particular) fit the same as Arcteryx other shells... theta, alpha, beta ect ect...

I own a Theta in a small and it fits perfect, runs pretty large, while in all their other layering stuff like the Atom LT or Fleeces I am a Medium. Thanks!

I wear the same size in Veilance as I do in other stuff from Arc.

Think their broad size spec might be the same but looking in to some of the tailoring aspects of Veilance I think it would be wise to try stuff out  if you can and if not to look at the size spec sheets.

I always measure from my own closet a nice close fitting shirt and loose fitting jacket. If I end up somewhere in between  I have a cleaner fit and some room to layer

@the arc'teryx store in shanghai, everything's marked up 100%. They only had a few veilance pieces. The details on this is nice, buttons, pockets, etc. Fits very slim. Also tried on apparat pants but wasn't too impressed, weird pocket placements. The galvanic zipper got a lot easier after a while. I'm convinced it's the best coat of this season.

900x900px-LL-c7f2b666_IMG_1933.jpeg

Edited by oneiroi1

So has anyone received any Veilance from the Christmas sales, or is everyone still waiting for more discounts?

I have some credit to use up on East Dane so I'm waiting to see if any of the jackets go on sale which usually do. However Altitude Sports and Sporting Life recently put Veilance on sale so I would check those websites out since they still have a large selection.

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone want to trade their BNWT black patrol in medium for my BNWT gray patrol in medium? It hasn't been delivered yet. Was hoping to get it in black originally, but they were all out of stock :( - PM me

Edited by JasonLee

Just a heads up to other owners of the galvanic is: stick to spot cleaning and don't machine wash it. I usually machine wash all my arc'teryx stuff with grangers as it's a good way to make sure water repellency stays up to par and to prevent the membrane from clogging up. However, even after just a month of wear a wash cycle left my galvanic with very noticable denim-style fading all along the seams and at most points of articulation. Most suprisingly, it also seems to have affected the dwr negatively. 

I received the Patrol IS from thecorner yesterday and found that the area surrounding the button (on the inner jacket) that connects to the straps on the "outer" jacket had been ripped out. I'm guessing that the customer who returned the jacket (which still smells of cologne) didn't know that the button has to be shifted up and then pulled to be removed. He or she probably assumed that it was just a regular button and pulled/ripped the button out, and then returned it. There's also writing on the inner tag of the inner jacket. Sent the pics (below) to thecorner's customer service and they offered me a $50 partial refund, or a refund after they receive the jacket. I can't get an exchange because they don't have any patrols in stock in either medium or large.

I talked to someone at Veilance and he said he could get the jacket repaired, but it would take 4 weeks. If you throw in shipping to their factory store in Canada, I'll probably get the jacket back in mid Feb. I'm leaning towards this as I can't find any patrol's in the size (M) for sale online, but what do you guys think? I can't get an exchange from veilance because they don't cover "damage." An exchange is only possible for "defective items."

Normal button (what the ripped button should look like)

Strap on "outer jacket" - looks okay

Writing on inside tag 

Ripped button - lining coming out

Chye. Just copped that Galvanic IS. 

I hope it's warm. Dunno if that arcteryx synthetic down material is actually warm. Had to cop b/c it was steezy af.

Chye. Just copped that Galvanic IS. 

I hope it's warm. Dunno if that arcteryx synthetic down material is actually warm. Had to cop b/c it was steezy af.

I found the warmth is pretty good where I am. I live in Toronto and right now we're at -17C (feels like -25 with windchill) and I wore just a dress shirt with uniqlo heattech long sleeve underneath.