arcteryx veilance

So I just heard a murmur that Arc'teryx might be dropping the Veilance line.

Anyway we can get this confirmed as true or trolling? Maybe Larssss can weigh in.

Well, I doubt that, according to this PR story, Veilance is doing more than fine.

But I would love to hear some insider informations on this, about changes in the design team and that made in Canada/Asia thing...

Edited by Brainboy

Hi guys, some quick question for the FW14 field IS jackt, anyone compared the sleeve length to the FW13 one as seems some tweak of jacket fit? I have FW13 size S, fit well overall except the sleeve, an inch shorter would be perfect. Appreciate it. 

Stopped by the DC store today, very nice and clean layout. The Veilance is tucked away beside the dressing rooms, with chairs and a small table, so your girl can sit and look at tumblr while you obsess over taped seams and articulation. They had pretty much everything from the line, save a few shells and the liminal pants.

Highlights:

Node (of course) still impressed with it every time I try one on, was a perfect fit in a medium, love the new outer facing, much less noisy than normal gore, and little to no sheen to it. Very stealth. The rust color was fantastic in person as well.

Facet gloves. So soft, amazing feel, and fit like a, well, glove. Took a L in it and it almost seemed tailor made. Not sure how durable the leather is, they did seem rather thin.

Voronoi. Of course, everyone knows this already. If these had just a small % of elastane in them they would be the greatest pants ever made.

Lowlights:

patrol coat is. No idea why this is the "flagship" the fit is awful, the gore feels bad and the inner liner is just laughable. Separated the liner looks like K Mart down jacket, and the gore trench is way oversized. Together they don't match up that well and you can definitely tell its a dual layer piece, should snap in or something. Idk maybe it does and I just didn't play with it enough.

Nomin pack. Meh. Just meh.

Honest question here. Do you guys consider buying Veilance at the DC store for full price when it can be found on eBay for half its retail price (or less)? I know I wouldn't, so I'm a little hesitant to go and try on stuff.

Nah for me this is just a place to try stuff on and then buy on here or eBay. I hate ordering things without knowing fit intimately.

Why is Nomin... meh?

It's just a small basic backpack, I picked it up, unzipped the zippers looked inside and then laughed at it. A simple Jansport at your local big box retailer has more features and storage space.

It's just a small basic backpack, I picked it up, unzipped the zippers looked inside and then laughed at it. A simple Jansport at your local big box retailer has more features and storage space.

I felt the same when i recieved it. But time passed and i liked it. Straps are super low profile and even with full loaded pack you dont feel much weight. Pack itself is very low profile: you just carry medium sized black piece of nothingness on your back. I used to go with military or hiking packs before, and lots of logos or straps or meaningless pockets... Not cool at all.

I dont fully understand the purpose of internal semi-detatcheable pocket. Idea is cool, but when i looked at pics on the web i thought it has two compartments: one simple and one internal accessible by detatching pocket. But no, its just two zips for one big pocket.

And the main problem with nomin is cloth its made of. Its super fragile. You take out it from locker at the gym you get a scratch. You put it on the floor and bottom of the pack gets lots of scratches.

I've been obsessing over the Nomad IS, really wanted to find a good deal on the gray or copper but been striking out.  I ended up settling for a good deal on a black medium, If anyone is interested in a black sz. large, it can be had at Nomad Shop with the coupon code extra10 for a total of about $570.00 usd

I've been obsessing over the Nomad IS, really wanted to find a good deal on the gray or copper but been striking out.  I ended up settling for a good deal on a black medium, If anyone is interested in a black sz. large, it can be had at Nomad Shop with the coupon code extra10 for a total of about $570.00 usd

Nomin in stock for 371.50 shipped after using aforementioned code (extra10)

Positivity and happiness.

Lowlights:

patrol coat is. No idea why this is the "flagship" the fit is awful, the gore feels bad and the inner liner is just laughable. Separated the liner looks like K Mart down jacket, and the gore trench is way oversized. Together they don't match up that well and you can definitely tell its a dual layer piece, should snap in or something. Idk maybe it does and I just didn't play with it enough.

Nomin pack. Meh. Just meh.

Don't think you examined it closely enough...someone was probably playing around with it in the store and it didn't get appropriately reset (which is unfortunate but easily missed, especially with the number of new customers coming through the store and trying on). The inner liner attaches with cobra snaps to the interior of the shell at the collar and the cuffs, and the liner is ThermaTek insulation. Despite it's less than stellar appearance (I certainly prefer the look of my Veilance Insulator, which uses Coreloft), ThermaTek is a completely waterproof insulating material due to the labor intensive process of dipping Polarguard Delta insulation (a hollow, extremely long strand fiber with an incredible warmth to weight ratio) into DWR and then laminating the insulation to the face fabric.

As far as the fit is concerned, Veilance pieces are going to vary like anything else...not every piece looks good on everyone, but of course these were your personal highlights/lowlights.

If any other Veilance nerds want to confirm/correct the above if needed, go for it.

Back from the Arc'teryx DC store with a burrito (District Tacos, popular restaurant in DC) and a lot of pics for you guys :)

• Jackets/blazers are all size medium
  • Voronoi pants are in size 33 (smallest they had - only pants they have in stock is voronoi in 33 and 34)
  • Humongous phone that you may mistake as a brick is the Galaxy Note 3

Store manager (John) was cool - got to chat with him for a minute or two... He's getting into climbing - said he was going to check out Earthtrek (climbing gym in MD).

Forgot the name of the lady that I chatted with while I was trying on stuff, but she was awesome. I think her name was Tina(?) - don't quote me on that :P

Pictures can be found in this album

All in all, bunch of fun - if you guys get the chance to visit, do it! Staff is helpful without being overbearing. Let me try on bunch of stuff without pressuring me to buy anything.

Has anyone ever come across fake Veilance? is that something I should be worried about? 

I came across one piece on Taobao (China's humongous online shopping site) which was said to be Veilance but, judging by the accompanying photos, didn't much look like it. But even here, it's rare to come across anything like that, so nothing I'd worry about much.

Interesting, though, to see that quite a few stores in China and especially on Taobao have started carrying Veilance. Recently also chanced upon a store carrying Visvim, Acronym, etc., in a place where I'd consider it unlikely that anyone would have so much as heard of those brands...

The Arc store in a Beijing mall also carried some Veilance pieces (was listed on the website as a dealer, so I looked there), but it didn't seem like the salesgirls recognized my Veilance things, everything was just thrown together with normal Arc pieces, and the only thing of note was that they got pretty angry when I took a photo (of the store, from the outside) ;)

Alright, which one of you did this? http://www.popville.com/2014/12/arcteryx-smash-and-grab-robbery-in-citycenter-last-night/

BTW, for people that have been to the DC store, did they have any of the veilance hats? Or have they been completely dropped for this season? Want to pick one up for my brother-in-law.

Edited by Dr Jonboy

Alright, which one of you did this? http://www.popville.com/2014/12/arcteryx-smash-and-grab-robbery-in-citycenter-last-night/BTW, for people that have been to the DC store, did they have any of the veilance hats? Or have they been completely dropped for this season? Want to pick one up for my brother-in-law.

Not sure what you mean about Veilance hats, but they have the regular Arc'teryx hats/masks near the backpack section.

Sorry to hear about what happened to the store... :(