arcteryx veilance

1000 is okay I guess but I'm sure you can find it for cheaper at the arcteryx factory store in Vancouver.

It's too bad I live on the other side of the country haha. I'll check out the Veilance store opening in D.C. and hope for sales.

Any idea on upcoming sales for veilance online? Sample sales in D.C.?

The availability of Veilance at the outlet is fairly slim and usually confined to older, discontinued pieces, often in strange sizes.

All I know is that when I called they seemed to have a lot from previous seasons in small which is my size but thanks for the tip.

Edited by SonnyCheeba

Oh, nice. Just keep in mind it's not so much a discount showroom but a collection of odds and ends. I was there in September and from what I remember, for Veilance they had a full rack of button-up shirts in S and M, a discontinued pant type all size 33, and maybe a few jackets from a few seasons ago in yellow or white. It's likely changed since then. The prices were good but not amazing considering the styles were from 2-3 years ago or more. The mainline stock is more extensive. If you're after a particular newer piece (like the Patrol IS) I would stake your bets on catching it on winter sale now or after Christmas. Regardless, I'll be back in town soon and am planning to stop by the outlet while out on a bike ride.

I've noticed having longer sleeves on the jackets has been a positive.  When I layer up a shell and bend my arm all the way, there is alot of tension, stretch and resistant at the elbow.  Overtime I'm not sure if it will be a problem but stretching gore tex makes me worry.

Also on the future of veilance... are they moving production to overseas? When? does mean more products in their veilance line up.  It would be cool to start seeing the shells in other fabrics - Wool, rip stop, fleece.  Normal fabric with advance patterns & articulation.  

I got an idea :  Wool Blend Patrol IS is different colors

I got my voronoi hemmed.  I had kept the extra cutting to conduct my own stress test.  The fabric is fully dwr and does a good job when new or just washed.  Abrasions on the fabric disrupts the DWR and allows water to soak in.  When soaked and wet, the fabric rips really easy.  Abrasions also causes the fabric to change color( white tint) and become shiny.

There is a stretch in the fabric.  Its a very tough material with a soft feel

Nothing last forever, things will eventually break down with physical contact.  But I think the seam tape may first peel off with washing ( temperature changes ...? the glue unsticks from the fabric....the seam tape of my shirt sleeve peeled of after 1st wash and minimal wear. 

But once the seam tape rips off the pants...the microseam joints can be easily ripped apart.

Edited by ST27

I certainly hope that they are not movining the production away from Canada. They have built a quite good name among the premium brands, this would end pretty fast with Made in China/whatever tags...

Asked about that recently, actually, in preparation for some writing about V. Reply was that "the Veilance production will stay in Canada [and we] opened a new factory in Vancouver to make more space for the production".

It was 'just' someone from Veilance customer service, but that's still better than the rumors about the production moving overseas / to China, for which I haven't actually found any corroboration.

sorry to bring up the zipper again but is it easily replaceable? Does the arc'teryx store offer replacements? Just spend a full 10min trying to unzip it today. The coat is great otherwise but I'm confused how the zipper was even in put into production.

No sales period?  I was just wondering and hoping for a post xmas sale at the new Portland store.  

Apparently not (on Veilance). I would assume some sort of sale if they're opening up a new store, but I guess a sale on regular Arc'teryx gear isn't out of the question.

The response I got from Veilance:

Our Brand store will carry Veilance items as well. Unfortunately we will not have any sales on our products.
Edited by JasonLee

The coat is great otherwise but I'm confused how the zipper was even in put into production.

you can thank everyone on sufu and sf who have been bitching about wanting two way zips on their veilance coats for this one. ;)

you get used to the zipper after a while. i still don't think two ways are worth the hassle, but i sure do love my galvanic

Edited by Inkinsurgent

I think I figured out the trick to galvanic zipper. Try not holding the zipper pull while you thread it in initially. Hold onto the zipper teeth with your left hand. ymmv

for fuck's sake it's a zipper not rocket science. fuck.